HD TV

Old Jan 28th 2010, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice
Default HD TV

Wow!!!
Just got the HD showtime package from DU....Fantastic!!!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:46 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HD TV

Originally Posted by Max the Dog
Wow!!!
Just got the HD showtime package from DU....Fantastic!!!
really? isn't it 50 dibs or something for like 3 HD channels?

I got rid of it, was a waste of time.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice

Originally Posted by Spugsy
really? isn't it 50 dibs or something for like 3 HD channels?

I got rid of it, was a waste of time.
No, in the cold light of day you are right!! I'm bored of the channels already. Picture is great but no content.
Hopefully they will get the sport in HD in the future!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 3:48 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

No, in the cold light of day you are right!! I'm bored of the channels already. Picture is great but no content.
Does anybody know the score with Evision HD package? I have asked at the desk in the Etisalat office and keep getting unclear conflicting answers.

I presume there aren't many HD channels with this package, but I heard that you get a full TV information package and can record programmes.

However, is this the same as Showbox in that you can pre programme recording for a future date/time, or can you only record 'live' i.e. pressing the 'record' button as the programme comes onto the TV/box.

Can you record one prgramme whilst watching another?

Thanks for any info.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 5:04 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

they told me 'loads of channels coming soon' - bt that literally could be a few years from now.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 4:52 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
Does anybody know the score with Evision HD package? I have asked at the desk in the Etisalat office and keep getting unclear conflicting answers.

I presume there aren't many HD channels with this package, but I heard that you get a full TV information package and can record programmes.

However, is this the same as Showbox in that you can pre programme recording for a future date/time, or can you only record 'live' i.e. pressing the 'record' button as the programme comes onto the TV/box.

Can you record one prgramme whilst watching another?

Thanks for any info.

I have had the eVision HD package for some time now. I agree there is not that much yet, but it is certainly increasing. I normally get a couple of premier league games on Showsports HD over the weekend and there are a fair few HD movies coming through. As of tomorrow there is Discovery and Nat Geo HD starting which should be pretty impressive.

A lot of the sport on Al Jazira is already in HD and they have 2 HD channels on eVision so far.

The best bit of all will be next Prem League season when AL Jazira take over as they have stated they will show every Prem League game in HD. Cant wait.

You are right that the box is like a "showbox" and can record one channel whilst you watch another. I seem to remember that I had to pay about AED1,000 for the box when it was installed.

I went to Etisalat at Defense Roundabout and they were great - had it installed in 3 days.

I agree it costs a few dirhams more, but I personally feel its worth the extra change.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 2:19 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
I have had the eVision HD package for some time now. I agree there is not that much yet, but it is certainly increasing. I normally get a couple of premier league games on Showsports HD over the weekend and there are a fair few HD movies coming through. As of tomorrow there is Discovery and Nat Geo HD starting which should be pretty impressive.

A lot of the sport on Al Jazira is already in HD and they have 2 HD channels on eVision so far.

The best bit of all will be next Prem League season when AL Jazira take over as they have stated they will show every Prem League game in HD. Cant wait.

You are right that the box is like a "showbox" and can record one channel whilst you watch another. I seem to remember that I had to pay about AED1,000 for the box when it was installed.

I went to Etisalat at Defense Roundabout and they were great - had it installed in 3 days.

I agree it costs a few dirhams more, but I personally feel its worth the extra change.
and can you pre-programme recording eg programme it today to record a programme next week?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

and can you pre-programme recording eg programme it today to record a programme next week?
Yes!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:40 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Yes!
Thank you!!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:44 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Yes!
But yours is the Du package. I am asking if the E-vision HD box/package allows pre programmed recording.

I used to have showtime showbox, but since moving house (and HAVING to switch to E-vision) I can no longer pre record. The E-vision sales people dont seem sure in answering this question.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

The E-vision sales people dont seem sure in answering this question.
The entire staff of EVision don't have a clue about anything, particularly about any of their products.

I yearn for Sky but it'll take years for anything like that sort of quality to arrive here. Granted there are a few HD channels appearing (which I ordered several months ago through EVision but have heard nothing and have now given up), but the quality of programming is just not there.

Since Showtime has been relaunched I now seem to have less channels and more repeats - great.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 4:06 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

But yours is the Du package. I am asking if the E-vision HD box/package allows pre programmed recording.

I used to have showtime showbox, but since moving house (and HAVING to switch to E-vision) I can no longer pre record. The E-vision sales people dont seem sure in answering this question.

Hi Victor, Yes, the eVision box allows scheduled recording. You can instantly record, "rewind" live TV and schedule something in the future. Please don't ask me how to do it as I have to ask my son when I want something recorded.

p.s. No sign yet of the new HD channels (Nat Geo HD and Discovery HD) which were supposed to arrive on Feb 1st - but hey, it is Shitisalat we are talking about here.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

JB22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheShed
Hi Victor, Yes, the eVision box allows scheduled recording. You can instantly record, "rewind" live TV and schedule something in the future. Please don't ask me how to do it as I have to ask my son when I want something recorded.

p.s. No sign yet of the new HD channels (Nat Geo HD and Discovery HD) which were supposed to arrive on Feb 1st - but hey, it is Shitisalat we are talking about here.
do you know if my UK HD TV will work in the UAE? I take it that you can not pick up the astra sats but if you can get hotbird sta then a fortecsat box will tune into hotbird as well as many others you choose and that has some free to air channels on it. Might need a big dish