Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Have you ever carried a weapon?

Wikiposts

Have you ever carried a weapon?

Old Mar 10th 2009, 12:30 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you ever carried a weapon?

Originally Posted by still.unsure

i can imagine that there was a bunch of people feeling their belts to make sure theirs was secure after seeing his fall out...
no one else was watching... I think he was a bit surprised at my raised-eyebrow look of amused distain - my dad was a gunsmith and so when you've had a bren-gun sitting on your landing, a piddly hand-gun from some wannabe gangsta kind of looks tame.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 12:38 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
No one's as hard as Bison...I bet even Chuck Norris would be given a run for his money by Bison

N.
Chuck Norris uses pepper spray to spice up his steaks.

chucknorrisfacts.com/
Old Mar 10th 2009, 3:37 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
no one else was watching... I think he was a bit surprised at my raised-eyebrow look of amused distain - my dad was a gunsmith and so when you've had a bren-gun sitting on your landing, a piddly hand-gun from some wannabe gangsta kind of looks tame.
you missed a crocodile dundee moment there... "that's not a pistol..."
Old Mar 10th 2009, 3:59 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

many a time, machine guns, rifles and a 9mm pistol on occassion.

does that make me as hard as you Bison?, i doubt it
I never said I was 'Hard'
Old Mar 10th 2009, 4:24 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
surely the real hard man (or psycho) is the man that carries nothing and stands his ground against anyone.
It's a stupid man (or psycho) who doesn't pack heat and stand up to anyone.

N.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:38 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I don't need a weapon for self defence. God gifted me with a gob. It usually gets me out of all kinds of bother. Mind you it gets me in all kinds of bother also
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

A gidge when snorkelling (I have a morbid fear of getting eaten by a shark), my car keys wedged between my fingers when in a lift with someone I don't know or in a carpark at night, ready for the eye gouge. My family always had guns, but hardly ever saw them and never knew where the ammunition was for them anyway.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Think I would take the less than galant option and leg it rather than take on Pikies.
Dont know whether its the genetic trait of having sod all between the ears except the ability to rip you off with a crap tarmaced drive or the fact their skulls are protected by an inch of protective oil/tarmac but they invariably are difficult to damage with physical violence.
Whats worse is, if you were able to drop the fiendish pikey b*stard by coshing him with an iron bar then either his daag would savage you or his oil stained wife would cosh you with the 6 kg of gold bangles hanging from her hydrocarbon tainted wrist

You cant win with Pikies. Hate them all
Old Mar 10th 2009, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light

surely the real hard man (or psycho) is the man that carries nothing and stands his ground against anyone.
Its not really a hard man or psycho thing, its more a state of mind. Some people think defeat is only in the mind, and that defeat can only be self inflicted.
In a nutshell sometimes its more honourable to be taken away in an ambulance physically battered but your mind victorious, then it is to walk away physically unhurt but your mind defeated

I have carried weapons in the past. But now I don't. For random street attacks/robberies etc by groups of strangers, they will usually assess you first, eg asking for something like the time, maybe calling you names, talking loudly amongst themselves about wanting to beat or rob someone, this is the stage when what you say or do will either make them leave you alone, or make them go through and try doing what they wanted to do. If you act scared they will come for you, if you turn around insult their mothers, and say comeone then you stupid zxcv they will come for you. But if you act calm, and assertive, and bluff by implying you have a weapon through where you place your hands but do so in a way that says " I will DEFEND myself" then normally they will end up not troubling you.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Worldismine
Its not really a hard man or psycho thing, its more a state of mind. Some people think defeat is only in the mind, and that defeat can only be self inflicted.
In a nutshell sometimes its more honourable to be taken away in an ambulance physically battered but your mind victorious, then it is to walk away physically unhurt but your mind defeated

I have carried weapons in the past. But now I don't. For random street attacks/robberies etc by groups of strangers, they will usually assess you first, eg asking for something like the time, maybe calling you names, talking loudly amongst themselves about wanting to beat or rob someone, this is the stage when what you say or do will either make them leave you alone, or make them go through and try doing what they wanted to do. If you act scared they will come for you, if you turn around insult their mothers, and say comeone then you stupid zxcv they will come for you. But if you act calm, and assertive, and bluff by implying you have a weapon through where you place your hands but do so in a way that says " I will DEFEND myself" then normally they will end up not troubling you.
youve obviously not been to Newcastle..
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light

youve obviously not been to Newcastle..
why? In Newcastle when you insult their mothers do they cry and start making excuses for her?
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:21 pm
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

You've been watching far to many movies mate, if you did that round by me, you'd get a bigger kicking in for bluffing, they would call you bluff in a second, they don't give a ****!!
Old Mar 10th 2009, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Worldismine
why? In Newcastle when you insult their mothers do they cry and start making excuses for her?
no you havent then.

By the way thatpost of yours was rubbish..
Old Mar 10th 2009, 6:38 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

no you havent then.

By the way thatpost of yours was rubbish..
You forget how scary Newcastle can be when you don;t live there anymore, I was back a few times last year and there's loads of little bastards around now up to no good, big daft idiots staring at you in late night take away places, you never realise it much when you live there, but living in Dubai which is a pretty damn safe place brings it home a bit.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 6:46 pm
100% British Beef

Yeah I just watched Kidulthood and then Adulthood.... scary to think it's actually like that now, with dem liccle youts carrying shanks and merkin' bre's, ya get me?

Bison

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.