Harry Potter

Old Jul 8th 2007, 10:59 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harry Potter

Originally Posted by MataHari
I hate Harry Potter...and I have never seen or read any of it....and I never will...just like the DaVinci Code...
For once I'm with Madam Cloggy. I don't get it at all, and whenever I see an adult with a Harry Potter book, I shake my head and think: "Grow up! They are kids' books!"

I'm off to watch Star Wars now, dressed as a Jedi with my toy lightsaber.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:01 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
Also watch out for owls with letters attached to their legs...
I will have to put a spell on the flat so no-one knows where i am! Not sure who to trust the pass word to tho?
Have to be carefull of rats! So not Atilla hemight betray me....
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:05 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
I will have to put a spell on the flat so no-one knows where i am! Not sure who to trust the pass word to tho?
Have to be carefull of rats! So not Atilla hemight betray me....
What sweets do you like ?

Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:14 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

What sweets do you like ?

chocolate frogs..........(I bought some in sainsburys when the film first came out and the jelly beans errrrrrrrrk!)

Um.......why?...................
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:18 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

chocolate frogs..........(I bought some in sainsburys when the film first came out and the jelly beans errrrrrrrrk!)

Um.......why?...................
Didn't Dumbledore use the names of his fav sweets as passwords ...
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:21 am
Here comes the Sun

Didn't Dumbledore use the names of his fav sweets as passwords ...
Oh........bothering Lemon sherberts ..........I forgot that.........
Have to watch out for you Wormstone...
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:22 am
Australian Citizen

Oh........bothering Lemon sherberts ..........I forgot that.........
Have to watch out for you Wormstone...
Wormstone ??
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Harry Potter

If you havent read or seen the films how can you possibly hate Harry Potter. I am a Nana of two gorgeous little boys and I adore the Harry Potter series. I have all the books in hardback and on disc and also transferred to my MP3. I have got my ticket to go and see the film on the 19th July, thought I would wait until the excitement dies down a bit and i get a chance to read the book. I have got the Davinci Code but havent read it yet, but will get round to it. The word witchcraft is one of the common words in debates about it and yes everyone is entitled to their own opinion but one of the biggest things that has come out of Harry Potter is children have gone back to reading books more and this cannot be a bad thing can it. The first Harry Potter film was on the tv again in UK and I enjoyed it every bit as much as the first time I saw it. Star Trek fans are called Trekkies does this make Harry Potter fans "Potties"
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:30 am
Here comes the Sun

Wormstone ??
Wormtail betrayed Harry's parents ...........He gave the password to ...he who should not be named.....
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:32 am
Here comes the Sun

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
If you havent read or seen the films how can you possibly hate Harry Potter. I am a Nana of two gorgeous little boys and I adore the Harry Potter series. I have all the books in hardback and on disc and also transferred to my MP3. I have got my ticket to go and see the film on the 19th July, thought I would wait until the excitement dies down a bit and i get a chance to read the book. I have got the Davinci Code but havent read it yet, but will get round to it. The word witchcraft is one of the common words in debates about it and yes everyone is entitled to their own opinion but one of the biggest things that has come out of Harry Potter is children have gone back to reading books more and this cannot be a bad thing can it. The first Harry Potter film was on the tv again in UK and I enjoyed it every bit as much as the first time I saw it. Star Trek fans are called Trekkies does this make Harry Potter fans "Potties"
When the book first came out my cousin who used to be a nun said it was the devils work and would not read it or let her daughter (i said used to be)read it....then she changed religions as she liked Jimmy Osmand and suddenly it was ok to read it and now she loves all the films and books.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

When the book first came out my cousin who used to be a nun said it was the devils work and would not read it or let her daughter (i said used to be)read it....then she changed religions as she liked Jimmy Osmand and suddenly it was ok to read it and now she loves all the films and books.
Yes that seemed to be the negative about it when it came out but everyone is entitled to their own opinion but shouldnt push it on others. Its a bit of escapism. I love writing and what i would give to have an imagination to go with it like JK Rowling has. I am going to have a no news day when i read the book as someone somewhere will get it out "Who Dies and will Scar be the very last word in the book". Enjoy
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:38 am
Australian Citizen

Wormtail betrayed Harry's parents ...........He gave the password to ...he who should not be named.....
yes...but you think I'd betray the ending ?? Sweet innocent me ??

I can't wait to find more about Snape - think there is more there than what we've seen...
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:40 am
Here comes the Sun

Yes that seemed to be the negative about it when it came out but everyone is entitled to their own opinion but shouldnt push it on others. Its a bit of escapism. I love writing and what i would give to have an imagination to go with it like JK Rowling has. I am going to have a no news day when i read the book as someone somewhere will get it out "Who Dies and will Scar be the very last word in the book". Enjoy
I bet it will slip out the same day.........its available from midnight in some places........so hide the day before as well.........and send someone out to get the book incase you hear it from the bookshop.....
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Harry Potter

yes...but you think I'd betray the ending ?? Sweet innocent me ??

I can't wait to find more about Snape - think there is more there than what we've seen...
I know your name and I know where you live

We know Snape is a Dark Lord but I wonder maybe he had an affair with Harry's mum and he is really Harry's father, Hmmmmmmmm now theeeeere's a thought
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:41 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't hate it, I just don't get the fascination that adults seem to have with it. It's obviously aimed at kids.

People might say the same about Star Wars, but I was a kid when that first came out, and it's stayed with me since.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.