Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The 'Great Websites' Thread

The 'Great Websites' Thread

Old Oct 12th 2012, 9:47 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Great Websites' Thread

This to me is an amazing site:

www.spitalfieldslife.com

Lots of social history, some incredible photos of the east end in the sixties and seventies and an engaging spirit. I'm biased because it is an area of London that I adore. But it is well written and made with love.

I also love The Poke and Panarabian Enquirer. Popbitch can be a laugh too.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 10:12 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lullabelle
Well yes... know some rather good mongs from PB... The Enquirer is not only my fav satirical ME site, but about the only one.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lullabelle
This to me is an amazing site:

www.spitalfieldslife.com

Lots of social history, some incredible photos of the east end in the sixties and seventies and an engaging spirit. I'm biased because it is an area of London that I adore. But it is well written and made with love.

+1 Amazingly i was reading that site the earlier in the week.

Its a shame now about the Wool & Fruit Exchange

I don't recognize the city any more, especially Cannon Street, which has changed beyond all recognition.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
+1 Amazingly i was reading that site the earlier in the week.

Its a shame now about the Wool & Fruit Exchange

I don't recognize the city any more, especially Cannon Street, which has changed beyond all recognition.
I remember seeing artists' impressions etc many years ago of what Cannon Street was going to look like.............. I seem to remember covered areas and pedestrianised bits (perhaps even the road itself)......... did that happen?
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

http://atrixnet.com/bs-generator.html
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I remember seeing artists' impressions etc many years ago of what Cannon Street was going to look like.............. I seem to remember covered areas and pedestrianised bits (perhaps even the road itself)......... did that happen?
Not fully yet. The whole row of Cannon street including Walbrook has completely changed..