BE Golfers...

Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:47 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Golfers...

Entertainer also has a load of BOGOFF rounds: Els, Badia, Tower Links, Al Hamra, Ranches, Jumeirah Golf are the ones I can remember off the top of my head...
Old Feb 6th 2013, 10:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Entertainer also has a load of BOGOFF rounds: Els, Badia, Tower Links, Al Hamra, Ranches, Jumeirah Golf are the ones I can remember off the top of my head...
I played so badly last night at the Faldo that I've banned myself form going on a course agian until I've had some lessons.

I still do the same things, I just can't avoid slicing the ball, even with irons. Putting has disappeared which was my one average part...although 50yds and closer I'm still quite nifty.

Depressing.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:05 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Mate that's golf... Stick with it. I brought a driver for Xmas as my driving had got to the point where I felt I could manage a new toy. What happens; driving goes to shite by my irons are ****** amazin right now....

Remember you do it for fun, it aint always gonna be great but even if I'm not playing well the fact I'm spending 4hrs outside, with good company on some of the best courses I'll get to play is what makes it enjoyable for me... Of course I "want" to score well but its not the be all and end all if the wheels fall off....
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Mate that's golf... Stick with it. I brought a driver for Xmas as my driving had got to the point where I felt I could manage a new toy. What happens; driving goes to shite by my irons are ****** amazin right now....

Remember you do it for fun, it aint always gonna be great but even if I'm not playing well the fact I'm spending 4hrs outside, with good company on some of the best courses I'll get to play is what makes it enjoyable for me... Of course I "want" to score well but its not the be all and end all if the wheels fall off....
Ready for it?

Last time I played there, I did the back nine in 49. Over the moon.

Last night, 66.

What the ****?
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Scamp
I did the back nine in 49. Over the moon.
Sweet, I'd take that. With the course rating here if you took the same on the front you'd be playing off about 20....

Last night, 66
Forget that one, put it down to a bad night. Pound to a penny as the round went on you got more frustrated and made more mistakes. Move on, next round
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:35 am
Account Closed

Sweet, I'd take that. With the course rating here if you took the same on the front you'd be playing off about 20....

Forget that one, put it down to a bad night. Pound to a penny as the round went on you got more frustrated and made more mistakes. Move on, next round
Yeah. Was horrid.

Ironically I was catching the guys up on the green as I'd duffed an 80yd chip to about 30yds short of the green. Walked up moaning with them all chuckling at me calling myself a fat useless wanker.

Smashed the chip to about 3 inches. No practice swings, no though, not even a proper grip or stance. Just walked up and hit it. I think one of the lads fell over laughing.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:47 am

So much is pyscomilogical.... No thought, relaxed swing great chip.... Come play (or I'll ocme join you) enjoy the experience forget the score ...
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:49 am
Account Closed

So much is pyscomilogical.... No thought, relaxed swing great chip.... Come play (or I'll ocme join you) enjoy the experience forget the score ...
To be honest, I don't get angry, I'm not a smasher or thrower of clubs - that's just gay. I just get a bit frustrated with myself.

Borrowed a mates 5 wood, thought I'd give it a whirl. Topped it, walked to where it landed and then smashed it miles and straight. That kills me.

Let me hit the range a bit more.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:56 am

To be honest, I don't get angry, I'm not a smasher or thrower of clubs - that's just gay.
Play with one of those people, his toll last year was a driver, 2 x putters and a hyrbid. Pointless but hey it aint my money....

Let me hit the range a bit more.
Wuss
Old Feb 6th 2013, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

Play with one of those people, his toll last year was a driver, 2 x putters and a hyrbid. Pointless but hey it aint my money....

Wuss
We all chuckle at one lad who is a bit like that. Not chucking them around but gets angry.

Played with a guy at the monty summer before last. Duffed a pitch and just launched the club, missed me spinning by a few feet. No apology, nothing. Waited until the end of the round and told him I'd never play with him again, ****ing stupid.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 3:37 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I remember when I started out a friend of mine said something about golf which always stuck with me.
a. out of every 10 shots you will have 9 bad shots and 1 good shot, and its that 1 good shot which you remember and that keeps you coming back for more
b. in time you will start to associate a lot of things in life with golf, the way you approach a problem (bunker, hazard etc), how you respond to a mistake (chucking clubs and shouting etc), how you make yourself focus at a new problem after a bad day (after a bad hole how you should shrug it off and play the next one with a clear mind)