BE Golfers...

Old Dec 17th 2012, 6:59 am
  #1  
WWLLCJD?
Thread Starter
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 22,146
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default BE Golfers...

Saudiflares had a great shout in another thread. How about a BE round?

Who on here (Ladies or Gents) plays golf?

Who would be interested in 9 or 18 holes as a group?

If you do play, your accurate or (like me) realistic handicap.
Scamp is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2012, 7:57 am
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
flares's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,971
flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Golfers...

A swing at the Ranches may have a different meaning to some posters...

but I'd be up for a BE game

Handicap 16
flares is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:06 am
  #3  
WWLLCJD?
Thread Starter
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 22,146
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Golfers...

Originally Posted by saudiflares View Post
A swing at the Ranches may have a different meaning to some posters...

but I'd be up for a BE game

Handicap 16
Hahaha, so true.

One person in then...
Scamp is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:18 am
  #4  
"Insert witty title here"
 
Irishbeekeeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: dxb
Posts: 2,232
Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Golfers...

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Saudiflares had a great shout in another thread. How about a BE round?

Who on here (Ladies or Gents) plays golf?

Who would be interested in 9 or 18 holes as a group?

If you do play, your accurate or (like me) realistic handicap.
I play----ed before my back operation and was down to a very respectable 18 on my good days but I think 20 is a more reasonable number.

I would love to play 9 but I think I am not allowed atleast for another year.

Btw how expensive courses are here for non-members for a round of 9 lets say?
And how kitted up you need to be? i.e. what if one doesnt have clubs, do they rent it out for a round etc?
Irishbeekeeper is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:34 am
  #5  
WWLLCJD?
Thread Starter
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 22,146
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Golfers...

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper View Post
I play----ed before my back operation and was down to a very respectable 18 on my good days but I think 20 is a more reasonable number.

I would love to play 9 but I think I am not allowed atleast for another year.

Btw how expensive courses are here for non-members for a round of 9 lets say?
And how kitted up you need to be? i.e. what if one doesnt have clubs, do they rent it out for a round etc?
This is a copy of my geek spreadsheet:

Course Weekend Rate
Al Badia 895
Els Club 585 (res)
Emirates - Faldo 695 / 425 after 4 / 4ball 1275 (318) resi night golf / 255 9 holes (night)
Emirates - Majlis 995
Creek 750
Monty 825
Arabian Ranches 615
Meydan 9 Hole 495 (18?)
Jebel Ali 9 Hole 245 - 9 holes
JGE Fire 795
JGE Earth 895


Can rent clubs, varies at each venue but think at Jumeirah Golf Estates my mate paid about 140?
Scamp is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:05 am
  #6  
Loading...
 
Welivehere's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Back in the sand
Posts: 1,279
Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Golfers...

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Saudiflares had a great shout in another thread. How about a BE round?
Who on here (Ladies or Gents) plays golf?
Who would be interested in 9 or 18 holes as a group?
If you do play, your accurate or (like me) realistic handicap.
Obviously I'm in and as long as the numbers are reasonable am willing to book it at JGE if people are interested... (that's book, noy pay )

9 or 18 - Whatever the consenus is although if you're going to go to the agg of playing may as well do 18....

Accurate handicap - 14.1 realistic handicap right now nearer 18.... For JGE Earth the slope rating means its playing about 4 shots higher that your handicap ie take your handicap add the 4 shots and that's where you should be scoring....
Welivehere is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:21 am
  #7  
WWLLCJD?
Thread Starter
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 22,146
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Golfers...

Originally Posted by Welivehere View Post
Obviously I'm in and as long as the numbers are reasonable am willing to book it at JGE if people are interested... (that's book, noy pay )

9 or 18 - Whatever the consenus is although if you're going to go to the agg of playing may as well do 18....

Accurate handicap - 14.1 realistic handicap right now nearer 18.... For JGE Earth the slope rating means its playing about 4 shots higher that your handicap ie take your handicap add the 4 shots and that's where you should be scoring....
Crikey, you're right. Lots of holes are uphill. Bastards.

I agree with 18 over 9, but we can go with the general consensus.

JGE makes sense as you're a member = we all get it cheaper and you don't have to pay.
Scamp is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:48 am
  #8  
Loading...
 
Welivehere's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Back in the sand
Posts: 1,279
Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Golfers...

Ok, lets give it a day or so to see if anyone else fancies a hack and go from there.....

Provisionally; 18 holes, Earth, weekend, mid Jan?
Welivehere is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2012, 10:14 am
  #9  
WWLLCJD?
Thread Starter
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 22,146
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Golfers...

Originally Posted by Welivehere View Post
Ok, lets give it a day or so to see if anyone else fancies a hack and go from there.....

Provisionally; 18 holes, Earth, weekend, mid Jan?
Provisionally; YES.
Scamp is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2012, 10:52 am
  #10  
Concierge
 
Blue Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 29,625
Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Golfers...

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Crikey, you're right. Lots of holes are uphill. Bastards.

I agree with 18 over 9, but we can go with the general consensus.

JGE makes sense as you're a member = we all get it cheaper and you don't have to pay.
how much is 18 holes? I don't play but husband is interested as long as it isn't extortionate
Blue Cat is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2012, 10:55 am
  #11  
WWLLCJD?
Thread Starter
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 22,146
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Golfers...

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
how much is 18 holes? I don't play but husband is interested as long as it isn't extortionate
595 I think as a guest of a member (Welivehere)
Scamp is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2012, 10:56 am
  #12  
Concierge
 
Blue Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 29,625
Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Golfers...

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
595 I think as a guest of a member (Welivehere)
ok will check with him later and get back to you
Blue Cat is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2012, 10:59 am
  #13  
WWLLCJD?
Thread Starter
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 22,146
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Golfers...

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
ok will check with him later and get back to you
It is extortionate for a round (I think) but normally it's 895 at a weeked I think...so VFM makes me want to play it.

PLUS, it's the course that I've seen Luke Donald on so I want to play!
Scamp is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2012, 11:00 am
  #14  
Concierge
 
Blue Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 29,625
Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Golfers...

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
It is extortionate for a round (I think) but normally it's 895 at a weeked I think...so VFM makes me want to play it.

PLUS, it's the course that I've seen Luke Donald on so I want to play!
husband played it last week for free, by way of being a marshall at the golf, he enjoyed it. You are right it is a total rip off but if that's the price then you got to pay it.
Blue Cat is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2012, 11:12 am
  #15  
WWLLCJD?
Thread Starter
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 22,146
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Golfers...

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
husband played it last week for free, by way of being a marshall at the golf, he enjoyed it. You are right it is a total rip off but if that's the price then you got to pay it.
Yep. Indeed.

Other option is the Faldo Night Golf - Resident rate is 1275 for a fourball (318 each) which is a good deal and I'm playing there tonight.
Scamp is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.