Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Global Corona Death predictions

View Poll Results: Total Corona deaths we report before we give up reporting?
<50,000
0%
50,000- 100,000
6.25%
100,000 – 250,000
15.63%
250,000 – 500,000
12.50%
500,000 – 1m
21.88%
1m +
43.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Global Corona Death predictions

Old Jun 10th 2020, 11:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Global Corona Death predictions

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Quite similar to the EU, one might even say.

Originally Posted by Bipat
Not really----Only if the EU becomes a true federation and the 'member' countries lose their status as 'sovereign nations'-----It is the aim of some EU politicians, that is why many UK people voted 'Leave' in the referendum.

(Other countries eg. Hungary, Poland also 'straining' at EU rulings!!)

** You should join in the Brexit threads on TIO!!!
A leaf out of your playbook - How can you possibly know about Hungary or Poland? You don't live there!
Old Jun 10th 2020, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick

A leaf out of your playbook - How can you possibly know about Hungary or Poland? You don't live there!
Well--- as I am very interested --explain to me what is wrong with what I am reading about Victor Orban, and the EPP---EU's Donald Tusk view of the present Polish Government---

Old Jun 10th 2020, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Well--- as I am very interested --explain to me what is wrong with what I am reading about Victor Orban, and the EPP---EU's Donald Tusk view of the present Polish Government---
The trouble is that you dismiss all (adverse) reports posted by others, about India - usually with the "you don't live there or have relatives there" while promoting other material that suits your agenda. One rule for you, one for the rest of. Intellectually dishonest.
Old Jun 10th 2020, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

The trouble is that you dismiss all (adverse) reports posted by others, about India - usually with the "you don't live there or have relatives there" while promoting other material that suits your agenda. One rule for you, one for the rest of. Intellectually dishonest.
Expatrick ----I could write pages of adverse things about India!!! ( don't have an "agenda").

However I do know when various press reports are biased, wrong or just local and not generalised as reported. I do know the negativity of data gathering by various political groups.

(I could write after 'hours' today of trying to correct some recorded details and information, trying to phone, trying on-line that---------
ALL blo**y Indian banks are useless!
!!
However I know that that would be biased---there must be some that are OK!!!!)

In my last post I asked you to correct any false Ideas that I have about the relationships of Hungary and Poland with the EU. I am GENUINELY INTERESTED!!!!
EU law is one of my past studies------Why did you not reply?????

Old Jun 10th 2020, 3:24 pm
Account Closed

Expatrick ----I could write pages of adverse things about India!!! ( don't have an "agenda").

However I do know when various press reports are biased, wrong or just local and not generalised as reported. I do know the negativity of data gathering by various political groups.

(I could write after 'hours' today of trying to correct some recorded details and information, trying to phone, trying on-line that---------
ALL blo**y Indian banks are useless!!!
However I know that that would be biased---there must be some that are OK!!!!)

In my last post I asked you to correct any false Ideas that I have about the relationships of Hungary and Poland with the EU. I am GENUINELY INTERESTED!!!!
EU law is one of my past studies------Why did you not reply?????
Nothing to reply to. Besides, sticking to your debating rules, I have no interest in your "ideas", because you don't live here. As I said before YOUR RULES!

ETA: Apologies to Millhouse for hijacking your thread. Back to topic!

Last edited by scrubbedexpat142; Jun 10th 2020 at 3:29 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2020, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nothing to reply to. Besides, sticking to your debating rules, I have no interest in your "ideas", because you don't live here. As I said before YOUR RULES!

I didn't raise the topic of the EU!
So what I read regarding EPP in speeches and news reports (not ideas) is true then?? If not reply on TIO or PM ----No I don't live in Hungary that is why I asked you your opinion.
As I said I would really like to know!!
Just as I would expect you to ask my opinion regarding press reports about India.

Some latest news regarding virus.
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/tr...s-5385661.html

Last edited by Bipat; Jun 10th 2020 at 3:51 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2020, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

All good. Any chance to see the inner workings of Bipats mind is welcome.

And I use the word workings loosely.
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
We are currently at around 30,000 Corona deaths to date. To put this into perspective, this compares to around 160,000 deaths per day (on average) around the world. i.e. 14.5m since the Corona was first acknowledged. Poll is… what will be the total Corona deaths we report before we give up reporting/ caring:

1. <50,000

2. 50,000- 100,000

3. 100,000 – 250,000

4. 250,000 – 500,000

5. 500,000 – 1m

6. 1m +

[I voted for 100-250k] ... less than the Syrian War.
I think you need to account for inflation add another 2 zeros to each number.
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 9:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

when I last looked on the bbc website, covid related headlines were at number 3.

sky news, all about blacklives
cnn, all about protests in America.

Covid is being relegated to where it should be: a side note alongside the flu.
So, 4 weeks, later, 3 of the top 6 stories on the BBC's news we site are coronavirus related, with no coverage of BLM protests anywhere near the top, and top story on both the UK and North America tabs are coronavirus related, with only a couple of BLM back ground stories (not real-time news) on the North America tab, such as about a pioneering black NASCAR driver from the 1960's who died in 1990, and a separate feature section well down the page headed "Race in America", again of background stories.

On cnn.com ALL the stories in the top left corner of the page are coromavirus related. .... Foxnews on the other hand is all over the place, with no focus in anyone area of the news, but is leading with a story about Epstein's girlfriend.

So, in conclusion, except for Fox, covid is not yet relegated to a side note.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 2nd 2020 at 9:39 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2020, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
So, 4 weeks, later, 3 of the top 6 stories on the BBC's news we site are coronavirus related, with no coverage of BLM protests anywhere near the top, and top story on both the UK and North America tabs are coronavirus related, with only a couple of BLM back ground stories (not real-time news) on the North America tab, such as about a pioneering black NASCAR driver from the 1960's who died in 1990, and a separate feature section well down the page headed "Race in America", again of background stories.

On cnn.com ALL the stories in the top left corner of the page are coromavirus related. .... Foxnews on the other hand is all over the place, with no focus in anyone area of the news, but is leading with a story about Epstein's girlfriend.

So, in conclusion, except for Fox, covid is not yet relegated to a side note.
genuinely surprised but hopeful an earthquake or hurricane will come to save us.
Old Jul 4th 2020, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

For 48 hours, then it will go back to coronavirus again.
Old Jul 4th 2020, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by csdf
For 48 hours, then it will go back to coronavirus again.
How about a plague? Oh wait a minute...
Old Jul 4th 2020, 12:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

How about a plague? Oh wait a minute...
That's perhaps the scariest scenario right now, given that countries and people are tired of lock-downs and restrictions, that either a dangerous flu, or other disease/ plague with higher mortality rate than covid-19, takes off in the next few months, and people refuse to take it seriously.
Old Jul 4th 2020, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pulaski
That's perhaps the scariest scenario right now, given that countries and people are tired of lock-downs and restrictions, that either a dangerous flu, or other disease/ plague with higher mortality rate than covid-19, takes off in the next few months, and people refuse to take it seriously.
Are you suggesting that we cried wolf over covid?
Old Jul 4th 2020, 6:27 pm

Are you suggesting that we cried wolf over covid?
No, but that people will think that if something else comes along soon, no matter how serious, it will just confirm their conspiracy theories, and they will entirely reject the advice to stay home and refuse to take any precautions.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 4th 2020 at 6:37 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.