Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Girlfriends birthday...

Girlfriends birthday...

Old Oct 24th 2011, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Girlfriends birthday...

Originally Posted by Meow
Well you haven't seen the actual shot properly and it's rather more than just the Burj Khalifa. It's a cracking picture, that is a realistic image of Dubai and I have a signed original myself.

So glad she liked it Scamp.
Yeah, she's chuffed to bits with it.

Thanks for your help again.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

How powerful is your zoom?
It's powerful!
Old Oct 24th 2011, 3:04 pm
Banned

charismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kittycat1
a picture gets you laid for months- WTF- your girlfriend is weird!
It's about as romantic as a vacuum cleaner.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Well, combine it with about 3 weekends of treats, new handbag, shoes, bag, perfumes the works.

Zooming in to check if I'm naked? How powerful is your zoom?

Mentalist - never seen one with a red sunset but fortunately, the orange fits in perfectly with her 'colour scheme' - apparently rooms have those.

Was doubtful until I read about the perfume, bag shoes etc...Now you are talking!
Old Oct 24th 2011, 4:02 pm
Banned

charismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant future

I'm not saying the picture was a slap in the face, but it certainly was a poor reflection on the relationship. I get my mom a picture, while I give my wife or girlfriends something a little more personal.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Charismatik- Id rather have the vacumn hoover- at least you could switch it on and stick the tubey bit onto your recently made ex boyfriends head until he is left with a big red hoover hicky!
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by charismatick
I'm not saying the picture was a slap in the face, but it certainly was a poor reflection on the relationship. I get my mom a picture, while I give my wife or girlfriends something a little more personal.
Your mum always asks me for sparkly presents.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 5:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Your mum always asks me for sparkly presents.
you can't beat a bit of sparkle, but I love that painting, I would have been well happy with it too
Old Oct 25th 2011, 10:47 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

What's with all these blocks of half melted candles in your flat, Scamp? A cheap attempt at 'objects d'arts? '

Hopefully the picture is attached now
Old Oct 25th 2011, 11:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ethos83
What's with all these blocks of half melted candles in your flat, Scamp? A cheap attempt at 'objects d'arts? '
Not my flat pal, it's hers. She likes that sort of shit.

That being said, a floor lamp and a few candles is considerably nicer than the big main light.

Either way, it's me that licks my fingers and puts them out properly.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:21 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
but I love that painting, I would have been well happy with it too
Thats because you're married BC..thats supposed to be his girlfriend. Before my wife was my wife all I bought for her was underwear and lingerie from Fredericks of Hollywood. Thats it. No pictures of buildings.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:58 am
Account Closed

Thats because you're married BC..thats supposed to be his girlfriend. Before my wife was my wife all I bought for her was underwear and lingerie from Fredericks of Hollywood. Thats it. No pictures of buildings.
Now she's your wife is her birthday present not to get slapped for 24 hours?
Old Oct 26th 2011, 4:04 am
Banned

Now she's your wife is her birthday present not to get slapped for 24 hours?
Hey, you're the one that doesn't know how to treat a woman. Didn't your father teach you anything?
Old Oct 26th 2011, 4:20 am
Account Closed

Hey, you're the one that doesn't know how to treat a woman. Didn't your father teach you anything?
My father left when I was 5, not that it's your business but I have three older sisters, a mother and dad's new wife. 5 women can teach a lot. Especially for birthdays and xmas etc, slutty kecks will get you so far until the bird realises you're actually being a bit selfish, buying them for you to look at.

That aside, I've got some ideas below to help you out in your future quest for something more meaningful than a gift voucher to Ann Summers, or a 'Spa Day' at a hotel you've not heard of before Groupon emailed you;

The blessing about the human race is that everyone is different. Having recently moved to Dubai my girlfriend was wanting gifts to make herself feel more at home, to fill those corners in the lounge with nothing, to cover the big white walls and to have a few more things around her apartment to help settle in.

Her birthday provided a perfect opportunity to get her something like that, amongst all the other gifts that she would normally get (I've even listed some previously).

So, please, try in future to understand that people do things for a reason, a big photo may not be your ideal gift to your wife....but in my circumstances, it was exactly what she wanted in her home.

I'm not really sure why people need things like the variety of needs humans might have, or the different wants people have at certain times. But, hey, no need to thank me, you're most welcome.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 4:23 am
Banned

My father left when I was 5, not that it's your business but I have three older sisters, a mother and dad's new wife. 5 women can teach a lot. Especially for birthdays and xmas etc, slutty kecks will get you so far until the bird realises you're actually being a bit selfish, buying them for you to look at.

That aside, I've got some ideas below to help you out in your future quest for something more meaningful than a gift voucher to Ann Summers, or a 'Spa Day' at a hotel you've not heard of before Groupon emailed you;

The blessing about the human race is that everyone is different. Having recently moved to Dubai my girlfriend was wanting gifts to make herself feel more at home, to fill those corners in the lounge with nothing, to cover the big white walls and to have a few more things around her apartment to help settle in.

Her birthday provided a perfect opportunity to get her something like that, amongst all the other gifts that she would normally get (I've even listed some previously).

So, please, try in future to understand that people do things for a reason, a big photo may not be your ideal gift to your wife....but in my circumstances, it was exactly what she wanted in her home.

I'm not really sure why people need things like the variety of needs humans might have, or the different wants people have at certain times. But, hey, no need to thank me, you're most welcome.

Hey could you condense that? If I wanted to read War and Peace i'd go to the library

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.