IT geeks help please

Old Mar 29th 2014, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default IT geeks help please

Hi Geeks,

So computers are absolutely not my strong point- in fct the polar opposite is about right. I am working in excel and need to make certain numbers from different pages magically appear on the last page and sum up. I have absolutely zero idea on how to do this. Can anyone help me please.

Thanks in advance

KC
Old Mar 29th 2014, 6:45 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT geeks help please

If there is not too many numbers, just copy them from the first page and paste them on the last page. But as you paste you might see some options for it, so chose paste link (it's an icon like a chain)
This means if you change the number on the first page it will automatically change on the last page.
There are more complicated ways to do it also.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 6:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

really? thats it? so simple?

Thanks Weasal

will try it now.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 8:22 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Another way: go to the cell in the last page (I guess you mean tab) where you want the number to appear, press "=", then carefully (i.e. without selecting any other cell), move to the tab which has the source data, and simply click in the cell with the source data and press "return" (or "enter").

If you want the cell in your last page to be a sum of numbers on another tab, start as above (i.e. go to the cell in your last page where you want the sum to appear) but this time click "Ʃ", then go to the tab with the source data and carefully select those cells which you want to add up (they must be adjacent to use "Ʃ").

Hope that helps
Old Mar 29th 2014, 8:37 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Just type in some random numbers.

Given that you're asking this question, it's highly unlikely the rest of your spreadsheet works properly anyway
Old Mar 29th 2014, 8:40 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ctfc
Just type in some random numbers.

Given that you're asking this question, it's highly unlikely the rest of your spreadsheet works properly anyway
Strangle him with some dental-floss knickers, Kittycat.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

CTFC-

You may well be right to be fair

But I have made it colour coordinated
Old Mar 29th 2014, 8:41 pm
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Strangle him with some dental-floss knickers, Kittycat.
Don't you normally have to pay extra for that kind of fun?