Friendly or Just odd

Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:09 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friendly or Just odd

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Sounds weird to me too. I have got in touch with people here recommended by friends back in London and they have been incredibly helpful and welcoming, but I have stayed well away from the pervy "single" guys that seem to be everywhere. You're much better off going to group events and meeting up with people recommended by your friends. My rule is safety in numbers.
Oooh, just noticed the last comment. Bit of a swinger are we? Threesomes and foursomes and moresomes, eh???
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:10 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
sounds like a single girls paradise ffs and you married guys are generally worse!

x
all the wives have gone home as well, I was in Nelsons last night and apart from a few hookers it was all men.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:10 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Oooh, just noticed the last comment. Bit of a swinger are we? Threesomes and foursomes and moresomes, eh???
one in the pink and one in the stink?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:12 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

kittycat1

I wouldn't dismiss them all. It may well be that some are genuine offers as they remember what it was like being new in town and not knowing anyone. Why not meet up with some of them (other girls especially) in a well known place for a drink or two? Just be a little careful and you might meet some good people.

Dubai is generally a very friendly place (this board often being one of the exceptions!) and not everyone has a hidden agenda. You should be able to spot the guys who simply want to get in your knickers. If you are not comfortable then make your excuses and leave.

Don't let cynicism take over & have some fun.

-
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Only on teh first monday of each month

Sadly no - just married men that fail to tell you they are married....

Its a mine field!
x
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Is Mace spray legal over there?
x
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:14 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
one in the pink and one in the stink?
I thought it was two in the pink
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:16 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Meow
kittycat1

I wouldn't dismiss them all. It may well be that some are genuine offers as they remember what it was like being new in town and not knowing anyone. Why not meet up with some of them (other girls especially) in a well known place for a drink or two? Just be a little careful and you might meet some good people.

Dubai is generally a very friendly place (this board often being one of the exceptions!) and not everyone has a hidden agenda. You should be able to spot the guys who simply want to get in your knickers. If you are not comfortable then make your excuses and leave.

-
yeah but would you offer to take someone out and pay for all their drinks?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:16 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
I thought it was two in the pink
well if you can accommodate....
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:18 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Is Mace spray legal over there?
x
You have to be really careful over here. Apparently if you retaliate physically they can launch a case against you. I've got a great personal alarm now, but I have only felt unsafe here once in the last year and half. Generally I haven't had too many problems, you just have to be firm with the more eager suitors lol.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:18 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
yeah but would you offer to take someone out and pay for all their drinks?
That's a bit odd, but surely they aren't all offering that? Perhaps the poster misunderstood?

-
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

kittycat1

-
I would completely disagree with this post - vehemently, in fact.

Dubai is unlike anywhere is Europe (of course, it's the middle east, not Europe) and a lot of guys here have NONE of the usual niceties associated back home.

While I am sure there are exceptions, facebook stalking here is an occupation for many - it's a game of numbers and while 99 will say F off, one will say yes.

This is a place where someone in a car can follow you for 20 miles on the basis of a courteous smile at a traffic lights and where in many cases, only a **** OFF OR I WILL CALL THE POLICE RIGHT NOW, will get rid of them.

I know many women, single and married, that have had many ingenious ploys put on them over here to get them on their own, as well as numerous cases of outright harassment.
Like in any city, use your common sense. Be safe. If it feels dodgy, it usually is.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:21 am
why ayeeeee man!

That's a bit odd, but surely they aren't all offering that? Perhaps the poster misunderstood?

-
thats the thing that would out me off, a friend of a friend would be ok.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thanks emerald- handy to know- I won't go kick boxing anyone to the floor then! Rape alarm ratehr than mace spray it is then.

Meow- ok i've not had thousands of offers buthave had enough to make me question it- and it has been a let me take you out- you won't pay for anything type of offer- just wondering if ive got nude pics in my album or something

xxx
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

kittycat1

-
Hmm. I'd have to agree with Meow here. I actually dated a very nice lady for a few months that I met randomly on FB whilst in the UAE. That said, there were a lot of wierdos as well that sent me friend requests - it's a question of excercising judgement.

On reflection, if one wishes to avoid wierdos then you really ought not post on here.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.