Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Friday Night Concert at Yas

Friday Night Concert at Yas

Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Friday Night Concert at Yas

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
I went last year and did the Thursday - Sunday. The pit walk was really good but I do really like my F1 so it was great to see the cars being worked on etc. Other people might find it extremely boring! We just stayed in the Premier Inn in Abu Dhabi as I really didn't want to do the drive and it was surprisingly cheap Marussia were staying there as well lol

I don't think there is much difference between a 2 day and a 3 day. The Thursday is free!
I really fancy the pit-walk too, I love my F1. The Mrs enjoyed it but was definitely a bit bored, such is.

Downside is the holiday spent, Thursday, Sunday and Monday (recovery day is always needed). Premier Inn - Will investigate, thanks pal.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
I really fancy the pit-walk too, I love my F1. The Mrs enjoyed it but was definitely a bit bored, such is.

Downside is the holiday spent, Thursday, Sunday and Monday (recovery day is always needed). Premier Inn - Will investigate, thanks pal.
I'm sure there is a Public Holiday around the F1 weekend.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Ignore the Premier Inn tip! Its doubled in price from last year.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I'm sure there is a Public Holiday around the F1 weekend.
Good shout, I'll check.

Ignore the Premier Inn tip! Its doubled in price from last year.
Bastards...I'm staying with my friend in AD this weekend so will drop some hints and ask if he's going to the F1...
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:44 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Monday 4th is a public holiday, Arabic New Years day.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikewot
Monday 4th is a public holiday, Arabic New Years day.
Perfect saves on the holidays
Old Aug 20th 2013, 12:04 pm
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Even if you don't like them, Muse put on an excellent live show, one of the best acts I have seen, Jayzizzle also a good show.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
I think by just about any way you want to measure the stature of the three headliners of Jay Z, Muse and Depeche Mode - this is the biggest music line up the UAE has seen to date..
Are you serious? There have been so many bigger acts performing in the UAE over the last few years. As for Depeche Mode, I much preferred Spandau Ballet, Pet Shop Boys, OSM and Ultravox from that era. In my opinion, the F1 concert schedule is a bitter disappointment.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 6:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mentalist
Are you serious? There have been so many bigger acts performing in the UAE over the last few years. As for Depeche Mode, I much preferred Spandau Ballet, Pet Shop Boys, OSM and Ultravox from that era. In my opinion, the F1 concert schedule is a bitter disappointment.
I knew you were bent.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 7:35 pm