friday brunch

Old Aug 19th 2013, 5:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: friday brunch

3. LATITUDE – Jumeirah Beach Hotel – Rating: Very Good (04 406 8999)

a. Friday Brunch: Dhs. 315 (without alcohol) Dhs. 435 (with alcohol)

This used to be way cheaper, low 300's for booze too IIRC.

We went back and it was about 400ish and asked what had improved, the bloke just pointed at the popcorn stand!

Not been back since, it's good and we got great service but unless you sit outside it feels like you're in the lobby.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Mike – thanks good list, worth being made a sticky thread up top….

Scamp – was tempted by Latitude (there’s downloadable 2 for 1 vouchers available for it on the Entertainer website this month), but heard it’s a funny layout inside and figured too hot for sitting outside. Very tempted by Grand Grill, have dropped them and email.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 5:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
Mike – thanks good list, worth being made a sticky thread up top….

Scamp – was tempted by Latitude (there’s downloadable 2 for 1 vouchers available for it on the Entertainer website this month), but heard it’s a funny layout inside and figured too hot for sitting outside. Very tempted by Grand Grill, have dropped them and email.
Latitude is good, don't get me wrong but it's where I've taken my parents and the in-laws.

Grand Grill is quality though, always lively and a good buzz, DJ comes on with an hour or so to go I believe. The ribs, seriously, are the business. Even if they are the cheap ones, end of the week etc etc, they still rock.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 7:25 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.therealgeordiearmani.com/nine7one/

Not a big bruncher at all to be honest with you but we were invited to this last Friday, it launches on the 31st of August, I enjoyed it as it was something a bit different. It's at the Oberoi in Business Bay.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat

Not a big bruncher at all to be honest with you but we were invited to this last Friday, it launches on the 31st of August, I enjoyed it as it was something a bit different. It's at the Oberoi in Business Bay.
BC - thanks I saw your tweet about Oberoi and read the review earlier. I like the sound of the concept, and it's close by so will check it out sometime.

Booked the Grand Grill, based on the promise of awesome ribs! Did Toro Toro (which was excellent, if a little quiet) a few weeks ago so will be interested to compare the quality of the meats between the two.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 11:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
Booked the Grand Grill, based on the promise of awesome ribs! Did Toro Toro (which was excellent, if a little quiet) a few weeks ago so will be interested to compare the quality of the meats between the two.
Pressure is on, I might ring them and tell them to make it a good one.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 11:35 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Pressure is on, I might ring them and tell them to make it a good one.
"Hello is that the Grand Grill? Could you make sure that the_red_sheep off the internet has a good brunch experience with you? Thanks."
Old Aug 19th 2013, 11:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow
"Hello is that the Grand Grill? Could you make sure that the_red_sheep off the internet has a good brunch experience with you? Thanks."
Aw thanks, you did it for me.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 11:44 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

I read your review and like the idea of that.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 11:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
I like the idea it's walking distance from me. TICK.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 12:37 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
I like the idea it's walking distance from me. TICK.
it was good, doesn't start officially until 31st of August but I think it will be pretty popular
Old Aug 19th 2013, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

it was good, doesn't start officially until 31st of August but I think it will be pretty popular
Whole hotel not starting or just that brunch?
To save me looking, does the hotel have a sports bar?

Thanking you in advance.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 12:45 pm
Concierge

Whole hotel not starting or just that brunch?
To save me looking, does the hotel have a sports bar?

Thanking you in advance.
no sports bar, there is a Japanese Restaurant, an Indian one and then this outlet where the brunch is. Hotel is open but the brunch doesn't officially start until 31st of August, more people around then.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 12:52 pm
Account Closed

no sports bar, there is a Japanese Restaurant, an Indian one and then this outlet where the brunch is. Hotel is open but the brunch doesn't officially start until 31st of August, more people around then.
OK cool, thanks BC.