Fish and Chips

Old Oct 10th 2011, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fish and Chips

Originally Posted by mentalist
Please explain how you digitally maintain fish.
The fridge has an LED display showing the temperature.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
The fridge has an LED display showing the temperature.
nah, he's from the toon, digitally controlled means someone has their finger in it

" aye, it's still canny cold like"
Old Oct 10th 2011, 8:40 am
Just Joined

geordie.alzaabi is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it is relatively simple, when its caught and goes to the harbour its then bought and put in a large sealed fridge that maintains the tempreture throughout the onward journey to Dubai Airport. Its then off loaded, passed through customs and transported to our Al Quoz bakery and then distributed to our 2 shops... Hope this helps

Yes I'm surely creating 'free' awareness as per suggestion of one our customers for this site. We have been open for 6 and half months now and are just in the process of launching our extended new menu that includes homemade pies, pasties and quiches. Along with hot roast beef, lamb and chicken sandwiches, and an array of british homecooked favourites such as corned beef hash, hotpots etc. Its a new concept and born because of how much I really miss my mums cooking back home. I'm sure I'm not the only Brit that does so I will test it and see how it works

Here is the prices that you asked for 'mentalist'
Cod, Chips, Mushy Peas and Homemade Tartare Sauce is 55aed
Haddock, Chips, Mushy Peas and Homemade Tartare Sauce is 60aed
For further info add us on facebook - Jumeriah British Kitchen
Old Oct 10th 2011, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

do you do free 'scraps' and 'pea wet'?

and pie and mash and liquor for all the cocker-neys? Jellied eels?

*drool*
Old Oct 10th 2011, 8:56 am
Just Joined

geordie.alzaabi is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a Seaton Village Lady so not quite the tooon but great to see there are mackems over here too
Old Oct 10th 2011, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie.alzaabi
I'm a Seaton Village Lady so not quite the tooon but great to see there are mackems over here too
Do you do 'proper mushy peas' ?
Old Oct 10th 2011, 11:09 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Well it is relatively simple, when its caught and goes to the harbour its then bought and put in a large sealed fridge that maintains the tempreture throughout the onward journey to Dubai Airport. Its then off loaded, passed through customs and transported to our Al Quoz bakery and then distributed to our 2 shops... Hope this helps

Yes I'm surely creating 'free' awareness as per suggestion of one our customers for this site. We have been open for 6 and half months now and are just in the process of launching our extended new menu that includes homemade pies, pasties and quiches. Along with hot roast beef, lamb and chicken sandwiches, and an array of british homecooked favourites such as corned beef hash, hotpots etc. Its a new concept and born because of how much I really miss my mums cooking back home. I'm sure I'm not the only Brit that does so I will test it and see how it works

are you on twitter? and your facebook page is friend page not a fan, you should set up fan page.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 11:34 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the venture

God, I'm hungry--any chance of delivery to AD?
Old Oct 10th 2011, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

'
10 quid for a plate of fish and chips seems rather steep. Mind you, as I've not eaten in the UK for several years, I may have completely lost track of prices. How much is it back there nowadays? I get mine at Plaice Inn (Irish Village) where it was Dhs35 last time I looked. May have gone up since Ramadan like everything else.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 11:48 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

10 quid for a plate of fish and chips seems rather steep. Mind you, as I've not eaten in the UK for several years, I may have completely lost track of prices. How much is it back there nowadays? I get mine at Plaice Inn (Irish Village) where it was Dhs35 last time I looked. May have gone up since Ramadan like everything else.
Less than a fiver in Ilkley, and even though we're a long way from the sea its not a fair comparison. AED 55/60 ain't cheap, but not outrageous either. If the quality's top notch, I'd fork out that.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

On a similar theme, does anybody know where you can get British style sweet and sour chicken or pork over here? You know, those battered balls with meat inside swimming in thick syruppy sauce. None of the sweet and sour dishes here can match that British consistency...just like that good old British classic, chicken thikka masala.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 12:34 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

We've had fish & chips from the British Kitchen. The fish was very good and whilst my husband loved the chips, I wasn't that keen on them. I suspect they are cooked from frozen rather than being freshly cut. It was good to have haddock though as I'd missed that.

We'd order again.

(Do I get a discount for a fairly positive review?!)
Old Oct 10th 2011, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

A lot of places London are charging £10 for fish and chips.

Cheap pubs still have them for about 6-8 quid.

I think I paid about £16 for a plate at a fancy fishmongers/restaurant in the Borough Market not long ago. It was the cod. Haddock would have been an extra £2.

So 55 AED seems rather cheap given that the fish is imported.

Old Oct 10th 2011, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Fish and chips over here normally means locally caught hammour and chips, which comes to around a tenner in most hotel restaurants, so £10 for the real thing doesn't sound unreasonable...
Old Oct 10th 2011, 1:47 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Its airfreighted over on ice and digitally maintained instead of frozen, same concept as Dhow and Anchor and Rivington. See if you can taste the difference...
Hmmm I had heard on good authority that you're a mackem??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.