British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Fish and Chips (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/fish-chips-729531/)

Blue Cat Aug 22nd 2011 6:37 am

Fish and Chips

I know we had a discussion about take aways for fish and chips but where do you rate for dining in, my two favourites are The Dhow and Anchor and Fish and Co at Festival City :thumbup:

Spugsy Aug 22nd 2011 6:43 am

Re: Fish and Chips

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9573981)
I know we had a discussion about take aways for fish and chips but where do you rate for dining in, my two favourites are The Dhow and Anchor and Fish and Co at Festival City :thumbup:

I went to a new place next to the yacht club the other night, take away, I think it was really good, but I'd been drinking for a while when the Toon match was on so I can't remember.

Give it a go though.

Blue Cat Aug 22nd 2011 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9573991)
I went to a new place next to the yacht club the other night, take away, I think it was really good, but I'd been drinking for a while when the Toon match was on so I can't remember.

Give it a go though.

which yacht club? DOSC? was it dine in though?

Spugsy Aug 22nd 2011 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9574005)
which yacht club? DOSC? was it dine in though?

No take away, it's called Bennies, or Bobbies or summat.

If you want sit in, Apres is pretty good.

Blue Cat Aug 22nd 2011 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9574007)
No take away, it's called Bennies, or Bobbies or summat.

If you want sit in, Apres is pretty good.

yeah have to agree not been for a while though :)

UKCityGent Aug 22nd 2011 6:58 am

Only ever found 2 decent fish & chips places in ME

1. Has to be the Fish & Chips place near the Irish pub in Bahrain (cant remember the name!!)

2. Kuwait has organica (only chippe now where near as good as home though - its australian is probably the reason they used potatoe wedges instead of chips)

Bahtatboy Aug 22nd 2011 7:18 am

PJ's in Abu Dhabi ain't bad. Fish on a stick.

Tillybean Aug 22nd 2011 7:42 am

Hemmingways at the Hilton in Abu Dhabi isnt too bad either.

Madam Medusa Aug 22nd 2011 7:56 am

found the best chippie in the world, but it's a long way to go...the traditional chippie at the black country museum fries the chips in beef dripping, absolutely gorgeous, and bloody good job it's not here or it would be too tempting...

the best chips here were at leftbank, but someone said they had changed them recently...

MM, xx

rowell Aug 22nd 2011 8:10 am

good fish n chips at London Fish Grill Motor City, otherwise Rivington Grill!

Patsy Stoned Aug 22nd 2011 8:21 am

I had amazing fish and chips at the Dhow and Anchor the other night....really were the best I have had for a long time

mentalist Aug 22nd 2011 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9574007)
No take away, it's called Bennies, or Bobbies or summat. If you want sit in, Apres is pretty good.

Would that be Bobs Fish 'n 'Chips opposite Dreamworks Massage? Was it any good?

Spugsy Aug 22nd 2011 10:54 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 9574384)
Would that be Bobs Fish 'n 'Chips opposite Dreamworks Massage? Was it any good?

That was it aye, I think so but I was ratted, and my mate now tells me I asked the lass service if she wanted a bit of my battered sausage, so may not be going back in a hurry.

Blue Cat Aug 22nd 2011 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 9574175)
I had amazing fish and chips at the Dhow and Anchor the other night....really were the best I have had for a long time

:thumbsup:

littlejimmy Aug 22nd 2011 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9574436)
That was it aye, I think so but I was ratted, and my mate now tells me I asked the lass service if she wanted a bit of my battered sausage, so may not be going back in a hurry.

You can take the gadgee out of Newcastle, but you can't take Newcastle out of the gadgee. :)