First day of school

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 6:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default First day of school

Lionheart hi-lighted the plight of a poor child being sick this morning. Mitten starts school on Sunday and I think it will be me who is being sick on the way to school. I am dreading it. I can't get my head round the whole - leaving her with someone I don't know or trust. She has never been left with a 'stranger' before. Even in summer camp we knew her teacher for a while before she joined. I am probably being completely stupid but I am finding the whole thing very difficult. She is only three and I don't feel ready to 'let go'. However I am looking foward to the extra time I will have on my hands. I know that next Sunday I will be the one crying at the gates, not Mitten. Thank god that my pal will be with me.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:02 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First day of school

and I can't wait for school to start...now what a surprise...
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
and I can't wait for school to start...now what a surprise...
but you have more experience than me, should I be feeling worried??
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:10 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
but you have more experience than me, should I be feeling worried??
I am not the one to answer that...
My kids all have been to nursery from a very young age, so they and I were used to being apart. In that situation, school isn't such a big step.
I have never felt the need to have my kids with me all the time (cue Little Jimmy here...) as I am sure there are many other people, being it grandparents or trained people like (nursery)teachers that are also suited to take part in the raising...
But there are many more out there that feel like you I am sure...we all live our lives the way we think is the right way.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:12 am
Concierge

I am not the one to answer that...
My kids all have been to nursery from a very young age, so they and I were used to being apart. In that situation, school isn't such a big step.
I have never felt the need to have my kids with me all the time (cue Little Jimmy here...) as I am sure there are many other people, being it grandparents or trained people like (nursery)teachers that are also suited to take part in the raising...
But there are many more out there that feel like you I am sure...we all live our lives the way we think is the right way.
I have been lucky in that I have family here and some great friends who spend alot of time with her. I wanted to send her to nursery but the cost was a massive issue for us. We get help with school fees but not with nursery fees. I am just going to have to get on with it!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

you could always solve the problem by shipping them off to boarding school
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:19 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
what problem?
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:19 am
Concierge

never!
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I have been lucky in that I have family here and some great friends who spend alot of time with her. I wanted to send her to nursery but the cost was a massive issue for us. We get help with school fees but not with nursery fees. I am just going to have to get on with it!!!
My lot went to Montessori from age 2, but going up to "big" school still caused them separation anxiety - especially the eldest because she had a right old b*tch of a teacher..... But they seemed to get over it quickly - I'm sure your mitten will be fine...

Do the primary schools here have introductory classes in the term before the kids start? They had a thing called the "teddy bear club" at my kids school where they spent a couple of mornings a week at the school to settle them in...
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Boarding school was great! My first taste of sex'n'drugs'n'rock'n'roll
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

what problem?
the problem of having to drop them off every day! and seeing their sad faces as they trudge into school !
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:24 am
hmmmm...nice

the problem of having to drop them off every day! and seeing their sad faces as they trudge into school !
schoolbus is great for that as well...
and the sad faces are those of the mothers...not the kids
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

schoolbus is great for that as well...
and the sad faces are those of the mothers...not the kids
oi! and fathers.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:28 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
oi! and fathers.
oh, there's some eyecandy at our school, never saw them looking sad though...ooopss, wrong thread
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:32 am
Concierge

the induction is this Thursday for an hour! not much really. She is familiar with the school as we have been down there alot recently getting uniform etc. Mitten will love it, I am sure of that, it just another part of 'growing up', it is me who has the problem!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.