The fall of Blackburn

Old Apr 11th 2013, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice
Default The fall of Blackburn

I thought Leeds had it bad but the state of Blackburn must be heartbreaking for their fans

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22078180

Anyone over here working with Indians will relate to the last paragraph lol

"The club has been run on a reactionary basis. People within Ewood Park can't agree and those with the final say are based in India and take about two weeks to make a decision."
Old Apr 11th 2013, 6:39 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The fall of Blackburn

Even though I'm certainly no Blackburn fan, I must say it's shocking the way it appears the club is managed.

If they go down again, for the second year in succession, then the investment the Venkys made must now be worth a pittance.

I feel for the fans.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 7:10 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The fans HATE The Venkys who have ruined a decent club
Old Apr 11th 2013, 7:28 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Meow
The fans HATE The Venkys who have ruined a decent club
Indeed, but WHY?
Old Apr 11th 2013, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

Being a Blackburn fan has been a surreal experience over the last 2 years.

Why the Venkys did so many of the things that they did defies any logic whatsoever, none more so than sticking with Steve Kean for so long.

Firing BFS was a 50-50, when it happened I remember Newcastle fans being more excited about it than Rovers fans, many of whom were glad with what BFS was doing, achieving 7th place with the squad he had was something of a miracle.

It is what happened after he was fired that has led Blackburn Rovers to the Championship and possibly even lower.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 7:54 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Indeed, but WHY?
I assume you are asking why they have ruined it? I think largely because they know nothing about football and don't actually care. Apparently they were not even aware that clubs could be relegated. The FA should never have approved the purchase.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 8:00 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently they were not even aware that clubs could be relegated..
That is mental. Why the hell did they buy the club?
Old Apr 11th 2013, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

Originally Posted by britexpat76
That is mental. Why the hell did they buy the club?
Maybe they thought that they could sell their Chicken pies at the Ground

I believe Blackburn were 13th when they sacked big Sam and it's been a downward spiral since
Old Apr 11th 2013, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I assume you are asking why they have ruined it? I think largely because they know nothing about football and don't actually care. Apparently they were not even aware that clubs could be relegated. The FA should never have approved the purchase.
They probably didn't. The job of the FA is to regulate the game - not who owns the club. Quite right so.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 11:09 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
They probably didn't. The job of the FA is to regulate the game - not who owns the club. Quite right so.
Do the FA do the 'Fit and proper' test - or whatever its called.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 11:24 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quackers

"The club has been run on a reactionary basis. People within Ewood Park can't agree and those with the final say are based in India and take about two weeks to make a decision."
Perhaps they need to take lessons from the outfit which bought Jaguar--they seem to be doing a good job.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 11:25 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Do the FA do the 'Fit and proper' test - or whatever its called.
Due diligence. Is it in the FA's remit?
Old Apr 11th 2013, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quackers
I thought Leeds had it bad but the state of Blackburn must be heartbreaking for their fans

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22078180

Over the years only followed footie of & on / sporadically , so curious on how Queens Park Rangers have done with Indian owners.