British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The fall of Blackburn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/fall-blackburn-793628/)

Quackers Apr 11th 2013 5:44 am

The fall of Blackburn

I thought Leeds had it bad but the state of Blackburn must be heartbreaking for their fans :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22078180

Anyone over here working with Indians will relate to the last paragraph lol

"The club has been run on a reactionary basis. People within Ewood Park can't agree and those with the final say are based in India and take about two weeks to make a decision."

Kix Apr 11th 2013 6:39 am

Re: The fall of Blackburn

Even though I'm certainly no Blackburn fan, I must say it's shocking the way it appears the club is managed.

If they go down again, for the second year in succession, then the investment the Venkys made must now be worth a pittance.

I feel for the fans.

Meow Apr 11th 2013 7:10 am

The fans HATE The Venkys who have ruined a decent club :frown:

Kix Apr 11th 2013 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10652934)
The fans HATE The Venkys who have ruined a decent club :frown:

Indeed, but WHY?

Maxima Apr 11th 2013 7:39 am

Being a Blackburn fan has been a surreal experience over the last 2 years.

Why the Venkys did so many of the things that they did defies any logic whatsoever, none more so than sticking with Steve Kean for so long.

Firing BFS was a 50-50, when it happened I remember Newcastle fans being more excited about it than Rovers fans, many of whom were glad with what BFS was doing, achieving 7th place with the squad he had was something of a miracle.

It is what happened after he was fired that has led Blackburn Rovers to the Championship and possibly even lower.

Meow Apr 11th 2013 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10652960)
Indeed, but WHY?

I assume you are asking why they have ruined it? I think largely because they know nothing about football and don't actually care. Apparently they were not even aware that clubs could be relegated. The FA should never have approved the purchase.

britexpat76 Apr 11th 2013 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10652989)
Apparently they were not even aware that clubs could be relegated..

That is mental. Why the hell did they buy the club?

Quackers Apr 11th 2013 8:16 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10652995)
That is mental. Why the hell did they buy the club?

Maybe they thought that they could sell their Chicken pies at the Ground :rofl:

I believe Blackburn were 13th when they sacked big Sam and it's been a downward spiral since :thumbdown:

Millhouse Apr 11th 2013 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10652989)
I assume you are asking why they have ruined it? I think largely because they know nothing about football and don't actually care. Apparently they were not even aware that clubs could be relegated. The FA should never have approved the purchase.

They probably didn't. The job of the FA is to regulate the game - not who owns the club. Quite right so.

britexpat76 Apr 11th 2013 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10653086)
They probably didn't. The job of the FA is to regulate the game - not who owns the club. Quite right so.

Do the FA do the 'Fit and proper' test - or whatever its called.

Bahtatboy Apr 11th 2013 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Quackers (Post 10652844)

"The club has been run on a reactionary basis. People within Ewood Park can't agree and those with the final say are based in India and take about two weeks to make a decision."

Perhaps they need to take lessons from the outfit which bought Jaguar--they seem to be doing a good job.

Bahtatboy Apr 11th 2013 11:25 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10653257)
Do the FA do the 'Fit and proper' test - or whatever its called.

Due diligence. Is it in the FA's remit?

Boomhauer Apr 11th 2013 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Quackers (Post 10652844)
I thought Leeds had it bad but the state of Blackburn must be heartbreaking for their fans :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22078180

Over the years only followed footie of & on / sporadically , so curious on how Queens Park Rangers have done with Indian owners.