Facebook

Old May 23rd 2008, 5:07 pm

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Facebook

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Just tried to, hun, but your security settings are like fort knocks level or something - won't let me choose you as an invite recipient....

Try instead going to:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2731545029

You should see a clickable option to join the group there.....
Can't see it!
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:52 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Just tried to, hun, but your security settings are like fort knocks level or something - won't let me choose you as an invite recipient....

Try instead going to:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2731545029

You should see a clickable option to join the group there.....
There is no clickable option to join. And how do I change my security settings?
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
There is no clickable option to join. And how do I change my security settings?
Click on "Privacy" - it's on the top blue bar of the page, at the left....
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:01 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Click on "Privacy" - it's on the top blue bar of the page, at the left....
I did. I changed the privacy settings so that my friends can do and see everything!
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:08 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I did. I changed the privacy settings so that my friends can do and see everything!

Ooooh er Mrs!
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:09 pm

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I still can't find the 'clickable option'!
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
Well, I still can't find the 'clickable option'!
Me neither
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Me neither
Ah - think I may know the problem.... You can only join the group if you are registered on the UAE fb network.... It's one of those dumb fb things - this is why i have a london profile & a uae profile.....
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:24 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
was Troy not reconstructed? OK he wasn't as much of a pushover as Gabriel but come on!
So Gabriel was an Oak- loyal and true.............and Troy was a pagan image?

Last edited by Eva; May 23rd 2008 at 6:27 pm.
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
So Gabriel was an Oak- loyal and true.............and Troy was a pagan image?
Hmm...not so sure - perhaps he was drawing a parallel with the Biblical Bathsheba.... Then Mr Oak is a parallel of the good, reliable Uriah the Hittite (whom David conspires to have bumped off in battle), and Sgt Troy metaphorises to King David....

In the Bible story, David is both warrior and musician, giant-slayer and poet but ultimately deeply flawed and does some fairly dastardly deeds - much like your Mr Troy..... and like Troy his life is a series of tragedies?

20,000 words on Hardy's portrayal of the human condition, please.
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:26 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hmm...not so sure - perhaps he was drawing a parallel with the Biblical Bathsheba.... Then Mr Oak is a parallel of the good, reliable Uriah the Hittite (whom David conspires to have bumped off in battle), and Sgt Troy metaphorises to King David....

In the Bible story, David is both warrior and musician, giant-slayer and poet but ultimately deeply flawed and does some fairly dastardly deeds - much like your Mr Troy..... and like Troy his life is a series of tragedies?

20,000 words on Hardy's portrayal of the human condition, please.
Sorry missed this post SYB.JVR what do you think?
SYB,imho Gab is good and Troy is interesting............

Okay-not doin 20k words Cmf 'deeply flawed'?
Troy, Troy- If I had a time machine and could travel back to three events-one of em would be when Schliemman discovered the site and treasures of Troy-it was actually his Mrs but of course given the times 'that would never do' cos she'd be at the kitchen sink..........
Old May 24th 2008, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva

Troy, Troy- If I had a time machine and could travel back to three events-one of em would be when Schliemman discovered the site and treasures of Troy-it was actually his Mrs but of course given the times 'that would never do' cos she'd be at the kitchen sink..........
I don't know but you two have certainly destroyed my second favourite Hardy with all this
Old May 24th 2008, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah - think I may know the problem.... You can only join the group if you are registered on the UAE fb network.... It's one of those dumb fb things - this is why i have a london profile & a uae profile.....
Hmm, with all this we seem to have one FEWER member today...?

PS hardly a dumb FB thing SYB - I think it makes sense.
Old May 24th 2008, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jvr20
Hmm, with all this we seem to have one FEWER member today...?

PS hardly a dumb FB thing SYB - I think it makes sense.
I just think it would be better if one could join >1 network.....

Originally Posted by Eva

Hark at you, Lara Croft..... Would you not rather visit when Paris and Helene were playing mommas and poppas 'til the big gee-gee came and made woodenhorsepoo on their little charade?
Old May 24th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

you can join more than one network just not more than one 'geographic' network... e.g. any number of 'academic' networks if you were alumnus from different colleges plus a geographic one.