FA Cup

Old May 18th 2008, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: FA Cup

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
on a par maybe...but definately not worse than English hooligans in their prime...
Are you being serious? English fans don't come anywhere near the rest of the world. You get a hardcore following with every club, some of the eastern european clubs are frightening.

Wednesday night shouldn't have been allowed to happen in the first place. It was our own policing that was crap - they should have got involved earlier. Scots were rolling off the buses at 8:00am on wednesday morning completely off their faces. It was the so called "dregs of society" that caused it - that came from a rangers fan.

How many english teams have played in europe this year? How many riots were caused? Your statement is rash.
Old May 18th 2008, 3:24 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CeeBee
Are you being serious? English fans don't come anywhere near the rest of the world. You get a hardcore following with every club, some of the eastern european clubs are frightening.
Why then has football hooliganism often been referred to as the 'English Disease' in the UK and overseas?
Old May 18th 2008, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MacScot
Why then has football hooliganism often been referred to as the 'English Disease' in the UK and overseas?
First i've heard that tbh (you've just googled that and got a wikipedia result haven't you), but we're the only ones that ever get reported for it.

Films don't help us. You don't get the serbs and croats making films about their firms do you?

in fact, go on wikipedia and look at the germany section. Did that ever get reported? No, the english were apparently the only trouble causers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism
Old May 18th 2008, 3:54 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CeeBee
First i've heard that tbh (you've just googled that and got a wikipedia result haven't you), but we're the only ones that ever get reported for it.
Nah! I knew that already but I suspect it was mainly from the 70s and 80s when it was at its peak.
Old May 18th 2008, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MacScot
Nah! I knew that already but I suspect it was mainly from the 70s and 80s when it was at its peak.
i don't actually know why I'm defending the english....i don't even originate from there.

I've followed Man utd forever, more recently started going to more away games though. Every game I went to we were exemplary. There was a bit of trouble down at Wembley in the charity sheild but nothing major. Going up the bridges chelsea fans were launching bottles and batteries at us. Went to Milan and not even a hint of trouble - police were all over us though after the Roma game so we were a bit nervy.

I just think we've been branded with this stereotype because of what happened years ago.