F1 ticket delivery.

Old Oct 16th 2009, 12:18 pm
  #1  
Roving Donny fan.
Thread Starter
 
glynster's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
Posts: 385
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice
Default F1 ticket delivery.

Got a call yesterday from aramex asking where to deliver my f1 tickets,they had my address as springs and I live in Mirdif
I am in Saudi until next friday,and they will not deliver to my po box,why do I fear the worst?
Anyone got theirs yet?
glynster is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2009, 1:01 pm
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
soukie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,632
soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 ticket delivery.

Originally Posted by glynster View Post
Got a call yesterday from aramex asking where to deliver my f1 tickets,they had my address as springs and I live in Mirdif
I am in Saudi until next friday,and they will not deliver to my po box,why do I fear the worst?
Anyone got theirs yet?
Just make arrangements to collect the package from a designated Aramex office - that way you can be sure they won't go astray! I know loads of people in AD who have theirs already.
soukie is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:05 pm
  #3  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,125
busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 ticket delivery.

yep got ours, although they were a bit on the bashed side, they come in little boxes so they survived it was a big parcel obviously too heavy for them. it did take them a couple of goes to find the office which is not hard to find, i would say go and pick them up.
busybee2 is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:07 pm
  #4  
Roving Donny fan.
Thread Starter
 
glynster's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
Posts: 385
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice
Default Re: F1 ticket delivery.

I got a txt today with a number to call to get the address of Aramex who have my tickets so hopefully all is ok.
glynster is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:09 pm
  #5  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,125
busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 ticket delivery.

goodo. we have the full set so they come in a little box but they were all a little bashed but it still doesnt tell you where the car parks are located or how to get there particularly. just ring this number if you want a taxi as the normal ones will not be allowed on the island, there should be a bus service but they havent obviously decided where and when just yet.
busybee2 is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:38 pm
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
benzonar's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Utopia
Posts: 1,631
benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 ticket delivery.

Originally Posted by busybee2 View Post
goodo. we have the full set so they come in a little box but they were all a little bashed but it still doesnt tell you where the car parks are located or how to get there particularly. just ring this number if you want a taxi as the normal ones will not be allowed on the island, there should be a bus service but they havent obviously decided where and when just yet.
Why do you need to know where the car parks are located?

Stick the permit to your windscreen and you will be directed to where you need to go, signage will help as well as the numerous checkpoints. Believe me you won't be allowed to go anywhere else apart from the designated spot you have been allocated.

They have decided on the bus service, they just haven't published the details yet. This has been months in the planning and just because you haven't heard about it does not mean it is not in hand.
benzonar is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2009, 3:03 pm
  #7  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Madam Medusa's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 18,187
Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 ticket delivery.

Originally Posted by benzonar View Post
They have decided on the bus service, they just haven't published the details yet. This has been months in the planning and just because you haven't heard about it does not mean it is not in hand.
now come on benzonar, this is busybee we're talking about, if she hasn't heard about it, it ain't happening...

MM, xx
Madam Medusa is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2009, 3:08 pm
  #8  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,125
busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 ticket delivery.

Originally Posted by benzonar View Post
Why do you need to know where the car parks are located?

Stick the permit to your windscreen and you will be directed to where you need to go, signage will help as well as the numerous checkpoints. Believe me you won't be allowed to go anywhere else apart from the designated spot you have been allocated.

They have decided on the bus service, they just haven't published the details yet. This has been months in the planning and just because you haven't heard about it does not mean it is not in hand.
yes i am sure they have decided on the bus service, what i was meaning was that they should be devulging information with 2 weeks to go.

and i would like to know where exactly the car parks are as then you can position yourself in order to get a "quicker" get away... and to be prepared on the day, rather to make your life a little easier if you so wish, of course, i know that it probably wouldnt bother you, but when we have been to big things like this, you can "plan" things to make your life a little easier. oh so my spot will be marked with my name on it then...!!!!!
busybee2 is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2009, 3:52 pm
  #9  
BE Forum Addict
 
benzonar's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Utopia
Posts: 1,631
benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 ticket delivery.

Originally Posted by busybee2 View Post
yes i am sure they have decided on the bus service, what i was meaning was that they should be devulging information with 2 weeks to go.

and i would like to know where exactly the car parks are as then you can position yourself in order to get a "quicker" get away... and to be prepared on the day, rather to make your life a little easier if you so wish, of course, i know that it probably wouldnt bother you, but when we have been to big things like this, you can "plan" things to make your life a little easier. oh so my spot will be marked with my name on it then...!!!!!
All the car parks are colour coded, your permit will match the colour and you won't be allowed into any of the other car parks. Knowing beforehand where this is will make no difference to how fast you can get away. Most of the riff raff will be in the Gateway Parks, others will be in the new multi-storeys that are part of the Mall area. The posher ones are in the circuit, personally I'm getting the bus so I can enjoy the Paddock Club to its fullest.

The car parks further out will have shuttle buses running back and forth to the circuit. F1 events always have major traffic problems, Silverstone is renowned for it - if you are so worried about getting stuck in traffic at the end maybe you shouldn't go.

If the Higher Security Committee have not issued bus information as yet, then I am sure they have a good reason for it - the likes of you will hear in good enough time.
benzonar is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2009, 4:11 pm
  #10  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,125
busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 ticket delivery.

Originally Posted by benzonar View Post
All the car parks are colour coded, your permit will match the colour and you won't be allowed into any of the other car parks. Knowing beforehand where this is will make no difference to how fast you can get away. Most of the riff raff will be in the Gateway Parks, others will be in the new multi-storeys that are part of the Mall area. The posher ones are in the circuit, personally I'm getting the bus so I can enjoy the Paddock Club to its fullest.

The car parks further out will have shuttle buses running back and forth to the circuit. F1 events always have major traffic problems, Silverstone is renowned for it - if you are so worried about getting stuck in traffic at the end maybe you shouldn't go.

If the Higher Security Committee have not issued bus information as yet, then I am sure they have a good reason for it - the likes of you will hear in good enough time.
yes i get it that the car parks are coloured coded, duh, i know that, but they havent put up the sign posts yet to say where they are..... yes i see that there are car parks which will need to be shuttles buses, otherwise you will still be walking when its all finished. no i am not worried about getting stuck in traffic,as its a fact of life at such events but you can of course come in the right way, as when you come of the main highway there are two ways of coming around, so if you come in the wrong way you will be adding to the mayhem!!! yes i see there are multi story ones behind ferrari duh they are obvious to see if you are looking. so you can be assured that the likes of you will be fine in your bus etc.
busybee2 is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2009, 4:21 pm
  #11  
BE Forum Addict
 
benzonar's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Utopia
Posts: 1,631
benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 ticket delivery.

Originally Posted by busybee2 View Post
yes i get it that the car parks are coloured coded, duh, i know that, but they havent put up the sign posts yet to say where they are..... yes i see that there are car parks which will need to be shuttles buses, otherwise you will still be walking when its all finished. no i am not worried about getting stuck in traffic,as its a fact of life at such events but you can of course come in the right way, as when you come of the main highway there are two ways of coming around, so if you come in the wrong way you will be adding to the mayhem!!! yes i see there are multi story ones behind ferrari duh they are obvious to see if you are looking. so you can be assured that the likes of you will be fine in your bus etc.
Jebus, its like talking to a 3 yr old (I would have said 5 but my son makes more sense). Signs will be put up in time for the event, as they are for any other F1 event in the world.
benzonar is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2009, 4:26 pm
  #12  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,125
busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 ticket delivery.

Originally Posted by benzonar View Post
Jebus, its like talking to a 3 yr old (I would have said 5 but my son makes more sense). Signs will be put up in time for the event, as they are for any other F1 event in the world.
yes i am sure they will, but there is still "much to do".
busybee2 is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2009, 7:26 pm
  #13  
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Eva's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,646
Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 ticket delivery.

Originally Posted by busybee2 View Post
goodo. we have the full set so they come in a little box but they were all a little bashed but it still doesnt tell you where the car parks are located or how to get there particularly. just ring this number if you want a taxi as the normal ones will not be allowed on the island, there should be a bus service but they havent obviously decided where and when just yet.
Is that the same little bashed box you bored us with in post 4???
You sure drone on don't ya?
Eva is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2009, 7:32 pm
  #14  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,125
busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 ticket delivery.

yep sure can
busybee2 is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2009, 11:21 am
  #15  
BE Forum Addict
 
Jeeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,082
Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 ticket delivery.

Originally Posted by Eva View Post
Is that the same little bashed box you bored us with in post 4???
You sure drone on don't ya?
She said the same thing about the box in post 3 at 6:30pm and then only 4mins later in post 5 said the same thing again.
Both were a response to the OP!

Thick as 2 short planks.



The fact the box was a little bashed is irrelevant and doesn't require mentioning even once!
Jeeper is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.