British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   F1 ticket delivery. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/f1-ticket-delivery-636047/)

glynster Oct 16th 2009 12:18 pm

F1 ticket delivery.

Got a call yesterday from aramex asking where to deliver my f1 tickets,they had my address as springs and I live in Mirdif :confused:
I am in Saudi until next friday,and they will not deliver to my po box,why do I fear the worst?
Anyone got theirs yet?

soukie Oct 16th 2009 1:01 pm

Re: F1 ticket delivery.

Originally Posted by glynster (Post 8021283)
Got a call yesterday from aramex asking where to deliver my f1 tickets,they had my address as springs and I live in Mirdif :confused:
I am in Saudi until next friday,and they will not deliver to my po box,why do I fear the worst?
Anyone got theirs yet?

Just make arrangements to collect the package from a designated Aramex office - that way you can be sure they won't go astray! I know loads of people in AD who have theirs already.

busybee2 Oct 16th 2009 2:05 pm

yep got ours, although they were a bit on the bashed side, they come in little boxes so they survived it was a big parcel obviously too heavy for them. it did take them a couple of goes to find the office which is not hard to find, i would say go and pick them up.

glynster Oct 16th 2009 2:07 pm

I got a txt today with a number to call to get the address of Aramex who have my tickets so hopefully all is ok.:fingerscrossed:

busybee2 Oct 16th 2009 2:09 pm

goodo. we have the full set so they come in a little box but they were all a little bashed but it still doesnt tell you where the car parks are located or how to get there particularly. just ring this number if you want a taxi as the normal ones will not be allowed on the island, there should be a bus service but they havent obviously decided where and when just yet.

benzonar Oct 16th 2009 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8021516)
goodo. we have the full set so they come in a little box but they were all a little bashed but it still doesnt tell you where the car parks are located or how to get there particularly. just ring this number if you want a taxi as the normal ones will not be allowed on the island, there should be a bus service but they havent obviously decided where and when just yet.

Why do you need to know where the car parks are located?

Stick the permit to your windscreen and you will be directed to where you need to go, signage will help as well as the numerous checkpoints. Believe me you won't be allowed to go anywhere else apart from the designated spot you have been allocated.

They have decided on the bus service, they just haven't published the details yet. This has been months in the planning and just because you haven't heard about it does not mean it is not in hand.

Madam Medusa Oct 16th 2009 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 8021578)
They have decided on the bus service, they just haven't published the details yet. This has been months in the planning and just because you haven't heard about it does not mean it is not in hand.

now come on benzonar, this is busybee we're talking about, if she hasn't heard about it, it ain't happening...

MM, xx

busybee2 Oct 16th 2009 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 8021578)
Why do you need to know where the car parks are located?

Stick the permit to your windscreen and you will be directed to where you need to go, signage will help as well as the numerous checkpoints. Believe me you won't be allowed to go anywhere else apart from the designated spot you have been allocated.

yes i am sure they have decided on the bus service, what i was meaning was that they should be devulging information with 2 weeks to go.

and i would like to know where exactly the car parks are as then you can position yourself in order to get a "quicker" get away... and to be prepared on the day, rather to make your life a little easier if you so wish, of course, i know that it probably wouldnt bother you, but when we have been to big things like this, you can "plan" things to make your life a little easier. oh so my spot will be marked with my name on it then...!!!!!

benzonar Oct 16th 2009 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8021648)
yes i am sure they have decided on the bus service, what i was meaning was that they should be devulging information with 2 weeks to go.

and i would like to know where exactly the car parks are as then you can position yourself in order to get a "quicker" get away... and to be prepared on the day, rather to make your life a little easier if you so wish, of course, i know that it probably wouldnt bother you, but when we have been to big things like this, you can "plan" things to make your life a little easier. oh so my spot will be marked with my name on it then...!!!!!

All the car parks are colour coded, your permit will match the colour and you won't be allowed into any of the other car parks. Knowing beforehand where this is will make no difference to how fast you can get away. Most of the riff raff will be in the Gateway Parks, others will be in the new multi-storeys that are part of the Mall area. The posher ones are in the circuit, personally I'm getting the bus so I can enjoy the Paddock Club to its fullest.

The car parks further out will have shuttle buses running back and forth to the circuit. F1 events always have major traffic problems, Silverstone is renowned for it - if you are so worried about getting stuck in traffic at the end maybe you shouldn't go.

If the Higher Security Committee have not issued bus information as yet, then I am sure they have a good reason for it - the likes of you will hear in good enough time.

busybee2 Oct 16th 2009 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 8021751)
All the car parks are colour coded, your permit will match the colour and you won't be allowed into any of the other car parks. Knowing beforehand where this is will make no difference to how fast you can get away. Most of the riff raff will be in the Gateway Parks, others will be in the new multi-storeys that are part of the Mall area. The posher ones are in the circuit, personally I'm getting the bus so I can enjoy the Paddock Club to its fullest.

The car parks further out will have shuttle buses running back and forth to the circuit. F1 events always have major traffic problems, Silverstone is renowned for it - if you are so worried about getting stuck in traffic at the end maybe you shouldn't go.

If the Higher Security Committee have not issued bus information as yet, then I am sure they have a good reason for it - the likes of you will hear in good enough time.

yes i get it that the car parks are coloured coded, duh, i know that, but they havent put up the sign posts yet to say where they are..... yes i see that there are car parks which will need to be shuttles buses, otherwise you will still be walking when its all finished. no i am not worried about getting stuck in traffic,as its a fact of life at such events but you can of course come in the right way, as when you come of the main highway there are two ways of coming around, so if you come in the wrong way you will be adding to the mayhem!!! yes i see there are multi story ones behind ferrari duh they are obvious to see if you are looking. so you can be assured that the likes of you will be fine in your bus etc.

benzonar Oct 16th 2009 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8021791)
yes i get it that the car parks are coloured coded, duh, i know that, but they havent put up the sign posts yet to say where they are..... yes i see that there are car parks which will need to be shuttles buses, otherwise you will still be walking when its all finished. no i am not worried about getting stuck in traffic,as its a fact of life at such events but you can of course come in the right way, as when you come of the main highway there are two ways of coming around, so if you come in the wrong way you will be adding to the mayhem!!! yes i see there are multi story ones behind ferrari duh they are obvious to see if you are looking. so you can be assured that the likes of you will be fine in your bus etc.

Jebus, its like talking to a 3 yr old (I would have said 5 but my son makes more sense). Signs will be put up in time for the event, as they are for any other F1 event in the world.

busybee2 Oct 16th 2009 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 8021826)
Jebus, its like talking to a 3 yr old (I would have said 5 but my son makes more sense). Signs will be put up in time for the event, as they are for any other F1 event in the world.

yes i am sure they will, but there is still "much to do".

Eva Oct 16th 2009 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8021516)

Is that the same little bashed box you bored us with in post 4???
You sure drone on don't ya?

busybee2 Oct 16th 2009 7:32 pm

yep sure can:p

Jeeper Oct 17th 2009 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 8022264)
Is that the same little bashed box you bored us with in post 4???
You sure drone on don't ya?

She said the same thing about the box in post 3 at 6:30pm and then only 4mins later in post 5 said the same thing again.
Both were a response to the OP!

Thick as 2 short planks.

The fact the box was a little bashed is irrelevant and doesn't require mentioning even once!