F1-Du Arena

Old Nov 24th 2018, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute
Default F1-Du Arena

Anyone been this weekend? Chaos last night, big crush at the gates which were closed with many many people with tickets still outside.
Old Nov 24th 2018, 1:56 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1-Du Arena

many sites talking about it. Apparently some kind of 2 for 1 on condition they had space but people didn’t read the tickets. Chaos by all accounts and my mates security team (along with other teams) were called in to help.
Old Nov 25th 2018, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

The demographics caught them on the hop, I think. Loads of young people who hadn't been to the races and thousands arrived just after 8.

We were in, no problem, at 7.30 but then thousands arrived simultaneously. Apparently, there was capacity for more but as the crowd stormed the gate they had to make a decision to shut it completely.

The Weeknd was pretty average, truth be told.
Old Nov 25th 2018, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

The demographics caught them on the hop, I think. Loads of young people who hadn't been to the races and thousands arrived just after 8.

We were in, no problem, at 7.30 but then thousands arrived simultaneously. Apparently, there was capacity for more but as the crowd stormed the gate they had to make a decision to shut it completely.

The Weeknd was pretty average, truth be told.
Old Nov 25th 2018, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

What a stupid idea selling tickets that are only redeemable on a first-come-first-served basis.
Old Nov 26th 2018, 4:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
What a stupid idea selling tickets that are only redeemable on a first-come-first-served basis.
It's technically, an amazing idea...but only works a few times in most places. Fortunately with the average intelligence in these cities, you could get away with it constantly for years I reckon.
Old Nov 26th 2018, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

No problems yesterday, although GNR were mediocre at best.
Good race though.
Old Nov 26th 2018, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

I heard GnR were amazing - anyone want to comment? Even sung "Wish you were here".
Old Nov 26th 2018, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Guns and Roses were awful! Such a shame as I was really looking forward to seeing them live.

The whole set was B-sides, long guitar rifs, and stuff that nobody had heard of. Looking around me I'd never seen such a sea of bored faces. I persevered till nearly the end, but I wish I hadn't.

The Weeknd on Friday was OK, but sounded like it was all to a backing track. Sam Smith was far and away the best concert. He just came across as a top guy, chatted loads to the audience, minced around to get attention. Just basically had a laugh. And he can sing.

Guns and Roses. Never again.
Old Nov 26th 2018, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

GNR were good while they lasted, Axl seemed to be suffering from the flu or something, really didn't look well (he mentioned as such himself) - hence the long instrumentals so he could go and sort himself out. Wasn't really a surprise he called it quits earlier than planned. There was only 1 song that I didn't know (cover of a Jimmy Webb song).

I was one of those who was locked out of the Weeknd concert. Was there standing in the same spot for 90 minutes with no movement. There were plenty of people who did get inside, coming back out again because it was such a shambles. Then they closed the fences with no communication preventing people from getting in, and preventing people who wanted to leave from leaving. We were already in a taxi home before the crowd charged the gates and forced them open.
Old Nov 26th 2018, 8:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by dominoman
Guns and Roses were awful! Such a shame as I was really looking forward to seeing them live..
I imagined they'd be shit. They're one of those bands that people go mental for because it's cool to be young and like old music and it's cool to pretend you liked them when they were actually 'big'.