11 weeks left

Old Oct 2nd 2018, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default 11 weeks left

In Qatar.

Then subtract at least two work trips home.

Then subtract a long weekend in Germany.

Then subtract at least one long weekend in Dubai.

I am feeling very pleased.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 6:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: 11 weeks left

When you break shit down it's terrifying. I mean, I can't even believe it's October.

I've got 5 weekends before Xmas where there isn't something big-ish booked in (visitor or birthday or trip etc). Where does time go?

What you going to enjoy in Doha in the remaining weeks?
Anything you want to make the most of?
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Time... is ephemeral.

It makes me regret all the wasted time in the past, especially when I think about how much more shit I could have accomplished with just a bit more discipline.

I have no plans to make the most of Doha, in fact I'm doing my damnedest to not even notice I'm in Qatar. It doesn't mean I'm not doing anything, there's a rock band event this weekend at one of the beachfront hotels. The few more close drinking buddies have already left the country and who's left are just your typical here today gone tomorrow social friendships.

What I spend most of my increasingly scarce free time these days is prowling property sites for derelict barns for sale. I've long had a fantasy of buying one in a village and doing a conversion.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
In Qatar.

Then subtract at least two work trips home.

Then subtract a long weekend in Germany.

Then subtract at least one long weekend in Dubai.

I am feeling very pleased.
Will you stop posting when you have gone?
Or will you one of those telling us how great the UK is and rubbish the GCC is?
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Will you stop posting when you have gone?
Or will you one of those telling us how great the UK is and rubbish the GCC is?
I had no intention of posting once I'm gone. But if you want I can pop in for the periodic boastful post talking about how wonderful life is in dark and rainy UK and how terrible it is for all of you to put up with the perpetual heat and dust. Would you like me to do that?
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 11:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I had no intention of posting once I'm gone. But if you want I can pop in for the periodic boastful post talking about how wonderful life is in dark and rainy UK and how terrible it is for all of you to put up with the perpetual heat and dust. Would you like me to do that?
I'd rather you continued posting. I'll have nobody left to find so frustrating if you go, which isn't actually meant as an insult.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'd rather you continued posting. I'll have nobody left to find so frustrating if you go, which isn't actually meant as an insult.
What do you really think of me, Scamp? Genuinely curious.

Don't worry, if I can survive reddit I can survive anything you throw at me.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

What do you really think of me, Scamp? Genuinely curious.

Don't worry, if I can survive reddit I can survive anything you throw at me.
I think you're pretty interesting as a person and have a lot of interesting things to talk about. I think you're like me and have a lot of opinions on a lot of things, which can certainly annoy people but who cares - having an opinion or something to say on a topic or some interest / knowledge of a broad range of different topics isn't something to be shy with or embarrassed about.

However. I think you come across very arrogantly at times. I genuinely don't think you mean it some of the time and I think you go for it deliberately at other times which is why it's so outlandish and troll like occasionally because you're clearly uncomfortable doing it because you're not actually a twatwaffle so it's a little forced perhaps.

Might be totes wrong, you seem like someone who's a decent human being, with some interesting stories to tell and a slightly beefed up level of weirdness on here that isn't as weird in real life.

I think you're probably a top bloke and we're similar in many ways, hence why we clash occasionally yet can still communicate like this.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

i would appreciate it if you do.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

pupdawg82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck. How many years have you stayed in middle-east? Any plans to move back in near future?
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 2:53 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yes.
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pupdawg82
Good luck. How many years have you stayed in middle-east? Any plans to move back in near future?
Two stints of four years each. The first stint was entirely in Dubai and it was a fantastic time. Second stint divided between UAE and Qatar and not so much fun. Enjoyed the UAE bit but not Qatar.

I don't want to return to the region. I've done it, the people that made it great aren't here any more, I'm in a different place in my life, the perpetual heat and dust is getting to me in a way it didn't before.

But we shall see. If the economy in the UK goes to the crapper all bets are off.
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS
Yes.
How kind.

Looking to keep the numbers up?
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 6:55 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Three tips from me...

- Now is the time to cancel any local credit cards, this process can take 3-months.

- Read up on eligibility for a Split-Year Concession for the current UK tax year. Eligibility might be harder than you think, depending on your personal circumstances. Well worth reading the relevant bit of RDR3.

- Start looking for a decent car in the UK. There are some fantastic deal on a the moment, especially the big dirty diesels

The UK economy seems to be doing just fine, even I managed to blag my was into a decent job, after four glorious months at home enjoying the summer weather.

Not missing Doha one bit, been there, done that.
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
Three tips from me...

- Now is the time to cancel any local credit cards, this process can take 3-months.

- Read up on eligibility for a Split-Year Concession for the current UK tax year. Eligibility might be harder than you think, depending on your personal circumstances. Well worth reading the relevant bit of RDR3.

- Start looking for a decent car in the UK. There are some fantastic deal on a the moment, especially the big dirty diesels

The UK economy seems to be doing just fine, even I managed to blag my was into a decent job, after four glorious months at home enjoying the summer weather.

Not missing Doha one bit, been there, done that.
Thanks, mate. Never signed up for any local credit cards as always had one eye on the door out

I'm going back via internal transfer so that does simplify the return. Do wish I had a month or two just to take off and travel. On the flip side I've got my eye on a sporty Audi so crossing fingers that'll be the compensation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.