British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Excellent value - scamp's lunch (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/excellent-value-scamps-lunch-821499/)

kittycat1 Jan 20th 2014 2:57 am

Re: Excellent value - scamp's lunch

Syb I'm not sure I'd compare undies to a mega meal at burger king to be completely honest :-p

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 20th 2014 3:41 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 11086698)
Seriously 6 burgers? In one sitting? How long would that take you?

Not long, I'm a quick eater, well I was, now I try to eat at a more sensible pace.

If I was seriously hungover, hadn't had brekkie and needed some Maccy D's in my life to fix everything I'd comfortably have a large meal, another side burger and either nuggets or another burger.

Millhouse Jan 20th 2014 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11086723)
Not long, I'm a quick eater, well I was, now I try to eat at a more sensible pace.

If I was seriously hungover, hadn't had brekkie and needed some Maccy D's in my life to fix everything I'd comfortably have a large meal, another side burger and either nuggets or another burger.

you animal :lol:

Go get the cholesterol tested mate :)

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 20th 2014 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11086917)
you animal :lol:

Go get the cholesterol tested mate :)

I had my blood pressure checked at the hospital when I registered, the no boozing has brought it from "a bit high, Mr Ross" to "that's fine and normal".

Tick.

britexpat76 Jan 20th 2014 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11086668)
I'd eat the lot. Well, the old me would have.

No fast food at all so far this year - comfortably the easiest thing I've stopped myself from eating.
Two rounds of golf, swim and gym in the diary for this weekend.
No booze for 17 days now.
Still smoking **** loads though.

17 days? Thought you had been dry all Jan mate? Have you not had a wobble yet? I was wavering yesterday after a cluster**** of a day

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 20th 2014 9:53 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11087029)
17 days? Thought you had been dry all Jan mate? Have you not had a wobble yet? I was wavering yesterday after a cluster**** of a day

Nope, decided to do it whilst pissed on the evening of the 3rd.

Not wobbled yet, found it quite liberating to not get blasted every weekend. Also found it quite nice to not have the two or three beers here and there which are utterly pointless.

Changing my opinion of booze and how I administer it.

I have never really drunk much in the week, if at all. Only if out for a reason, so mid-week beers have never been a big issue.

Millhouse Jan 20th 2014 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11086959)
I had my blood pressure checked at the hospital when I registered, the no boozing has brought it from "a bit high, Mr Ross" to "that's fine and normal".

Tick.

and the cholesterol ?

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 20th 2014 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11087071)
and the cholesterol ?

Dunno. They didn't check that...

co durham boy Jan 20th 2014 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11087045)
Nope, decided to do it whilst pissed on the evening of the 3rd.

Not wobbled yet, found it quite liberating to not get blasted every weekend. Also found it quite nice to not have the two or three beers here and there which are utterly pointless.

Changing my opinion of booze and how I administer it.

I have never really drunk much in the week, if at all. Only if out for a reason, so mid-week beers have never been a big issue.

Keeping off the ale is key mate , once you get past a couple of weekends it's easy .

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 20th 2014 11:13 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 11087106)
Keeping off the ale is key mate , once you get past a couple of weekends it's easy .

Playing lots more golf, the mrs and I are doing a 36 hole weekend competition between the two of us, Meydan (eurgh) and Tower Links.

Carnwaj Jan 20th 2014 5:37 pm

I'm coming over to AD to work in March. I've not had a drink for 8 months and I'm hoping to do a year. Looks like the last three months might be the hardest!

Only joking but lots of the social life does seem to resolve around booze and food!

Eeyore Jan 20th 2014 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 11081055)
filmed in Sunderland where 25% of the population are obese. No idea how they got in that state because from what I remember there is only one shite McDonalds.

I'm sure Sunderland has plenty of takeaways other than McDonalds. Kebabs, curries, Chinese, fish and chips... all the classic British takeaways are loaded with fats and sugars. Throw in regular boozing and minimal exercise and you don't need to go anywhere near McD's to turn into a fat bastard.

Blue Cat Jan 21st 2014 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Eeyore (Post 11087862)
I'm sure Sunderland has plenty of takeaways other than McDonalds. Kebabs, curries, Chinese, fish and chips... all the classic British takeaways are loaded with fats and sugars. Throw in regular boozing and minimal exercise and you don't need to go anywhere near McD's to turn into a fat bastard.

when were you in Sunderland? I was there in December and trust me practically everything has shut, they must all be stuffing Greggs to get the size they have got,

Irishbeekeeper Jan 21st 2014 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11086668)
I'd eat the lot. Well, the old me would have.

bilmey!! I once made a bet with a friend and tried to finish a complete chicken karahi in one go....ended up with food poisoning and vomits and fever for a week, so that was the first and last attempt at my competitive eating career :rofl:

had a friend (bodybuilder, because thats relevant) who could easily finish off 8 or 9 burgers with fries etc in one go...we never used to take him with us anywhere!!

am gonna order this meal for the elder one's upcoming birthday but there will be 4 of us and am definitely giving the coke away to someone!!

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 21st 2014 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11089265)
bilmey!! I once made a bet with a friend and tried to finish a complete chicken karahi in one go....ended up with food poisoning and vomits and fever for a week, so that was the first and last attempt at my competitive eating career :rofl:

had a friend (bodybuilder, because thats relevant) who could easily finish off 8 or 9 burgers with fries etc in one go...we never used to take him with us anywhere!!

am gonna order this meal for the elder one's upcoming birthday but there will be 4 of us and am definitely giving the coke away to someone!!

I ate 12 Gregg's jam doughnuts in 14miks for a bet once. 15min time limit, no fluids.

Cruised it.