British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   is everyone dead? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/everyone-dead-751268/)

mentalist Mar 20th 2012 10:26 am

Re: is everyone dead?

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 9962463)
Dogmeat is illegal in the Philippines because they have a tendency to serve people's beloved pets rather than the specific-breeds farm reared dogs you would find in Korea or parts of China. It sounds like you were eating cat not dog - nothing would surprise me in the Philippines.

I've tried it once in China and it reminded me of lamb but a bit chewy. I wouldn't rush to eat it again, even though I had it a pretty decent place prepared by a good chef. I'd like to try snake next time I'm over there...

N.

You have never eaten snake? What a charmed life you must have enjoyed. It's nicer than crocodile but nowhere near as tasty as impala.

soukie Mar 20th 2012 10:30 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 9962522)
You have never eaten snake? What a charmed life you must have enjoyed. It's nicer than crocodile but nowhere near as tasty as impala.

:ohmy: Yuk yuk yuk - I can't imagine eating any of this. I would be sick at the thought of it.

co durham boy Mar 20th 2012 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 9962463)
Dogmeat is illegal in the Philippines because they have a tendency to serve people's beloved pets rather than the specific-breeds farm reared dogs you would find in Korea or parts of China. It sounds like you were eating cat not dog - nothing would surprise me in the Philippines.

I've tried it once in China and it reminded me of lamb but a bit chewy. I wouldn't rush to eat it again, even though I had it a pretty decent place prepared by a good chef. I'd like to try snake next time I'm over there...

N.

It was defo dog mate , i watched them butcher it behind the back of the bar . I was working in a fairly remote area called Pagbilao in Luzon and dog meat is a bit of a fav with the male Fillipinos . They were always pissed on the local Gin and the " Aso adobo " used to make an appearence .

The women would never touch it but it was a kind of right of passage meal and it also ' made you strong' as they like to say when you're eating all that shite like dog , tigers dicks and all the other crap that is supposed to give you the horn.

The dog never worked i just stuck to the bird behind the bar , much tastier !

Meow Mar 20th 2012 11:29 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 9962522)

A charmed life if not eaten snake? What planet are you on?

mentalist Mar 20th 2012 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9962595)
A charmed life if not eaten snake? What planet are you on?

Animal Planet?

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 20th 2012 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 9962613)
Animal Planet?

Are you Bear Grylls?

Welivehere Mar 20th 2012 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9962643)
Are you Bear Grylls?

More Bare Naked Ladies ....

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 20th 2012 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Welivehere (Post 9962712)
More Bare Naked Ladies ....

But hey, if I had a million dollars.....

kittycat1 Mar 21st 2012 4:40 am

whats an impala? never heard of it :confused:

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 21st 2012 4:50 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9964154)
whats an impala? never heard of it :confused:

think Snoop Dogg.

kittycat1 Mar 21st 2012 4:55 am

an impala is an american rapper? Is that a joke? don't get it anyway ( watches it go way over my head). :confused: I may be having a blonde day

Boomhauer Mar 21st 2012 5:27 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9964163)
an impala is an american rapper? Is that a joke? don't get it anyway ( watches it go way over my head). :confused: I may be having a blonde day

Back in 1996, I had an opportunity to buy a nearly all original mint 1964 Impala 2 door coupe for just $6400. Even back then , they were very popular and this was a super deal. But I dithered. Had the intention of making it a lowrider with hydros, not a garish one though.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...evy-Impala.jpg

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 21st 2012 5:40 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9964163)

Sorry. I was winding you up, an Impala is an animal, but also a car that Snoop likes to occasionally refer to in his music.

I think Impala's are similar sort of things to the Gazelle.

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 21st 2012 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 9964185)
Back in 1996, I had an opportunity to buy a nearly all original mint 1964 Impala 2 door coupe for just $6400. Even back then , they were very popular and this was a super deal. But I dithered. Had the intention of making it a lowrider with hydros, not a garish one though.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...evy-Impala.jpg

Hang your head in shame.

kittycat1 Mar 21st 2012 5:53 am

I see- a car joke- not really a snoop dogg kinda gal- now if it had been a cortina I would have got the joke...

for any other david attenborough wannabees who know nothing impala is an antelope http://www.itsnature.org/ground/mammals-land/impala/