British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   is everyone dead? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/everyone-dead-751268/)

kittycat1 Mar 11th 2012 12:02 pm

is everyone dead?

I've only been away two weeks and it appears everyone on the forum has died- anyone around or just nothing interesting to talk about- or just can't be arsed to talk sh1t?

Cypselos Mar 11th 2012 12:51 pm

Re: is everyone dead?

they're all still in the queue for taxis at sandance

weasel decentral Mar 11th 2012 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9947027)
I've only been away two weeks and it appears everyone on the forum has died- anyone around or just nothing interesting to talk about- or just can't be arsed to talk sh1t?

Not dead :blink: however enthusiasm for talking shit is low at the moment. No one is really biting at any wind ups of mine any more either.

kittycat1 Mar 11th 2012 2:17 pm

Not dead however enthusiasm for talking shit is low at the moment. No one is really biting at any wind ups of mine any more either.
well that sucks- I may have to defect to expat flange....

Millhouse Mar 11th 2012 2:22 pm

I think Dubai has finally rotted the core of our regular posters and they are all in a heap in Al Qouz. I've even noticed a drop in newbies to abuse.

weasel decentral Mar 11th 2012 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9947139)
well that sucks- I may have to defect to expat flange....

can't be any worse than here at present. Work is starting to seem appealing rather than appalling.

might go yank their chains with the old my husband is balls deep in the maid story

Norm_uk Mar 11th 2012 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 9947135)
Not dead :blink: however enthusiasm for talking shit is low at the moment. No one is really biting at any wind ups of mine any more either.

The wind ups have declined in quality. No one even calls me racist anymore. It's as if we've all grown up and gone back to work or something.

N.

Millhouse Mar 11th 2012 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 9947179)
The wind ups have declined in quality. No one even calls me racist anymore. It's as if we've all grown up and gone back to work or something.

N.

just because no one is calling you racist anymore doesn't mean that people aren't thinking it though Norm :)

Is that a good enough wind up?

OriginalSunshine Mar 11th 2012 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9947200)
Is that a good enough wind up?

It was up until then.... sigh.... I'd comment on the apathy but I can't be arsed.

soukie Mar 11th 2012 3:58 pm

Got fed up with the "is this a good offer" posts etc. All the newbies never get back to let people know how it all went - all take and no give! All a bit boring these days.

commander Mar 11th 2012 4:27 pm

Yup, don't really have much in common with most on here, so what's the point. My life doesn't revolve around brunches, eating out, pissing up and Arte ****ing souq (whatever the hell that is)

I don't care about what car people drive and what people do for a living and I certainly don't want any advice from strangers on where to live...

Apart from that its a source of information for me...not.

Seriously though, this forum has been a great source of info and entertainment over the last 6 years, its just kinda run its course with me. Most of the original posters from that era are long gone, so dealing with the questions described by soukie are best left for newer posters with more patience.

OleJanx Mar 11th 2012 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9947242)
Yup, don't really have much in common with most on here, so what's the point. My life doesn't revolve around brunches, eating out, pissing up and Arte ****ing souq (whatever the hell that is)

I don't care about what car people drive and what people do for a living and I certainly don't want any advice from strangers on where to live...

Apart from that its a source of information for me...not.

Seriously though, this forum has been a great source of info and entertainment over the last 6 years, its just kinda run its course with me. Most of the original posters from that era are long gone, so dealing with the questions described by soukie are best left for newer posters with more patience.

I share your exasperation. I first turned up in the Gulf 30 years ago, and getting information was a kind of Samidzet word of mouth what to do.
With the same old questions being tolerantly replied to, ad nauseum to dim-bulb individuals who can't be arsed to have a quick shoof on the internet to find answers, and have no idea about what their skills are worth, and apparently thinking that they can waltz in and get places in schools and high-end compounds and everything is going to be , Oh! So marvelous (darling....) because they are so , well, essential....
So many dreamers, tripping out on a reality that's going to turn on them like a Rottweiller on LSD.

Autonomy Mar 11th 2012 9:12 pm

*oh look Deidrie - the man in lycra is off on one again* :rofl: (here's a smilie to make it all soooo much better)

Times have changed surely? My first post here was back in 2004. Before facebook, twitter and the like, probably before some posters had kids, moved here, got married etc....

They way I see it - I used to post more here but now I filter more - some goes to FB, some to twitter, some to friends etc - but when I have direct Dubai or Middle East info to share or need specific info - this is still the best place.

Use it or don't - can't see the point in moaning about it...

commander Mar 12th 2012 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 9947496)
*oh look Deidrie - the man in lycra is off on one again* :rofl: (here's a smilie to make it all soooo much better)

Use it or don't - can't see the point in moaning about it...

I'm not moaning about it...I just don't use it..

Millhouse Mar 12th 2012 4:12 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9947817)
I'm not moaning about it...I just don't use it..

I like the irony.