British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   is everyone dead? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/everyone-dead-751268/)

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 12th 2012 4:41 am

Re: is everyone dead?

[QUOTE=Autonomy;9947496Times have changed surely? My first post here was back in 2004. Before facebook, twitter and the like, probably before some posters had kids, moved here, got married etc....[/QUOTE]

Depending on when in 2004, I could well have still been at secondary school.

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 12th 2012 4:46 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9947242)
Yup, don't really have much in common with most on here, so what's the point. My life doesn't revolve around brunches, eating out, pissing up and Arte ****ing souq (whatever the hell that is)

I don't care about what car people drive and what people do for a living and I certainly don't want any advice from strangers on where to live...

Apart from that its a source of information for me...not.

Seriously though, this forum has been a great source of info and entertainment over the last 6 years, its just kinda run its course with me. Most of the original posters from that era are long gone, so dealing with the questions described by soukie are best left for newer posters with more patience.

Right Commander;

- Let's meet at say 11:30 in the lobby of Al Qasr on Friday, just so we can catch up on the goss....then we'll go to brunch. I just hope those two (you know who) don't argue like last time. Was pathetic.
- THEN, on Saturday, we'll just go have breakfast somewhere nice and then go to the mall? Dubai Mall OK?
- After that, let's go somewhere for dinner? Shall we say, West 14th on the Palm? Then we can take a picture and make people back in the UK jealous on facebook.
- By the way - I JUST BOUGHT A NEW CAR! Very excited, i pick it up on WEdnesday, it's a Cayenne! Oh I can't wait to show you it.
- You know you were talking about where to live? I've found the perfect place, it has 17 bedrooms, 3 pools, 4 car garage, 22 bathrooms, 3 kitchens and an ENTIRE SEPARATE BUILDING FOR YOUR SLAVES! How good is that? All for 210,000!

Good plan?

Dumbo Mar 12th 2012 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9947942)
Right Commander;

- Let's meet at say 11:30 in the lobby of Al Qasr on Friday, just so we can catch up on the goss....then we'll go to brunch. I just hope those two (you know who) don't argue like last time. Was pathetic.
- THEN, on Saturday, we'll just go have breakfast somewhere nice and then go to the mall? Dubai Mall OK?
- After that, let's go somewhere for dinner? Shall we say, West 14th on the Palm? Then we can take a picture and make people back in the UK jealous on facebook.
- By the way - I JUST BOUGHT A NEW CAR! Very excited, i pick it up on WEdnesday, it's a Cayenne! Oh I can't wait to show you it.
- You know you were talking about where to live? I've found the perfect place, it has 17 bedrooms, 3 pools, 4 car garage, 22 bathrooms, 3 kitchens and an ENTIRE SEPARATE BUILDING FOR YOUR SLAVES! How good is that? All for 210,000!

Good plan?

http://celebmancrushblog.files.wordp...-j-3.jpg?w=300

I take it he is a role model for you, of all the choices you could have made it seems like a strange one. But I guess all the Ladies Love Cool James. :)

Edit: Sorry for some reason the pic will only insert as a link, but you know who I mean.

Meow Mar 12th 2012 7:52 am

Yup, don't really have much in common with most on here, so what's the point. My life doesn't revolve around brunches, eating out, pissing up and Arte ****ing souq (whatever the hell that is)

I don't care about what car people drive and what people do for a living and I certainly don't want any advice from strangers on where to live...

Apart from that its a source of information for me...not.

Seriously though, this forum has been a great source of info and entertainment over the last 6 years, its just kinda run its course with me. Most of the original posters from that era are long gone, so dealing with the questions described by soukie are best left for newer posters with more patience.

You are a miserable git! :D Hardly anyone on here talks about brunches. Occasionally a bar or restaurant is mentioned, but it's your loss if you never eat out. :p

And to any poster who says this place is boring, I would suggest that you could make an effort to make it more interesting. Start a thread, or join in with a conversation. Sitting there, not posting and moaning it's dull isn't going to help is it? This forum is what we make it. Yes, the same old questions are a bit dull, and people getting info and never coming back can be irritating, but that's how forums operate.

commander Mar 12th 2012 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9947942)
Right Commander;

Good plan?

Can i find you and beat you to a pulp...please?:D

commander Mar 12th 2012 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9948113)
You are a miserable git! :D Hardly anyone on here talks about brunches. Occasionally a bar or restaurant is mentioned, but it's your loss if you never eat out. :p

And to any poster who says this place is boring, I would suggest that you could make an effort to make it more interesting. Start a thread, or join in with a conversation. Sitting there, not posting and moaning it's dull isn't going to help is it? This forum is what we make it. Yes, the same old questions are a bit dull, and people getting info and never coming back can be irritating, but that's how forums operate.

okay, so what is the main topic of conversation? well actually its Saudi/Bahrain/Doha/Abu Dhabi actually anywhere else apart from Dubai cause its all been said and posted before.

commander Mar 12th 2012 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9947940)
Depending on when in 2004, I could well have still been at secondary school.

Id earned my commanding officer a Distinguished Service Cross by then. Go figure..:rofl:

Millhouse Mar 12th 2012 9:39 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9948175)
Id earned my commanding officer a Distinguished Service Cross by then. Go figure..:rofl:

I got a swimming badge.

commander Mar 12th 2012 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9948225)
I got a swimming badge.

Really. What colour?

Ronnie Biggs Mar 12th 2012 10:48 am

I certainly don't want any advice from strangers on where to live....

Apart from when you're asking strangers for advice on where to live.

http://http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=707273&highlight=Moving+to+Dubai+ budget

;)

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 12th 2012 10:58 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9948170)
Can i find you and beat you to a pulp...please?:D

Impossible.

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 12th 2012 10:58 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9948175)

That explains A LOT.

Millhouse Mar 12th 2012 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs (Post 9948319)
Apart from when you're asking strangers for advice on where to live.

http://http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=707273&highlight=Moving+to+Dubai+ budget

;)

don't forget the brunch option requests... come to think of it, I'm not sure anyone else has ever asked for brunch options...

commander Mar 12th 2012 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9948331)
don't forget the brunch option requests... come to think of it, I'm not sure anyone else has ever asked for brunch options...

Yea, you guys are right, I checked my posts.....brunch options, work dinner options and where to live.

Didn't listen to any of you though..did I?

commander Mar 12th 2012 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9948330)
That explains A LOT.

Go on....