Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Evacuation if we go to war with Iran......

Evacuation if we go to war with Iran......

Old Feb 9th 2012, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Evacuation if we go to war with Iran......

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Christianity was in what is now southern Saudi Arabia since at least the 5th Century - Judaism has been there even longer. Jews were still in Yemen (until they were hounded to leave and Israel rescued them) in the 1940s. Needless to say they didn't look like the European Jews in Golders Green but easily blended in with a lot of the locals. Makes you wonder how many Arabs are of converted Jewish stock.

The massacre must be the Yemeni king convert to Judaism, Dhu Nuwas who reportedly attacked and massacred those who wouldn't give up Christianity in the city. Ironic the Koran mentions it as Muslims did plenty of their own massacring against Pagans, Christians and Jews.

N.
Yep, Dhu Nuwas was the bloke in question.
It has always suprised me how fragile the Saudi's are about their religion, and how small-mindedly defensive they are about the existence of other beliefs. Always struck me as if there might be doubts somewhere....
Old Feb 9th 2012, 10:59 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Yep, Dhu Nuwas was the bloke in question.
It has always suprised me how fragile the Saudi's are about their religion, and how small-mindedly defensive they are about the existence of other beliefs. Always struck me as if there might be doubts somewhere....
It's not just Saudi's who are fragile.

Any system that demands punishment for speaking ill of it, even just a fine (let alone imprisonment) is very fragile.

Any system that calls for apostates to be execute...well, the only comparison to that is the Mafia.

N.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:21 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Will have a look when I have my next regular bout of insomnia for sure.

Doesn't surprise me that a VPN is needed on some of these websites, or that many pre-Islamic and early-Islamic sites have been flattened...I was really surprised when they announced they found a Christian monastery on one of the Abu Dhabi islands which pre-dated Islam to be honest.

I did read once (and you have to be careful what you read online) that Mecca was once a Hindu shrine or at least had a number of local and Hindu deities. It's quite sad that Muslims will drink up what their book tells them their ancestors got up to and actively destroy evidence to the contrary. For our faults in Europe we do try to paint an accurate picture of pre-Christian Europe, good and bad.

N.
Don't know about the Hindu bit but Mecca was a "pagan" site of worship that much is well established. The Saudis take their destruction of anything pre Islamic as an instruction directly from the Koran where Mohammed pbuh cast out the infidel pagan idols from Mecca ( he forgot the benben stone but that's a whole other story) it's also where the portrayal of the human form became haram.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

The President of the Maldives resigned recently and now a Muslim mob has barged into the National Museum and smashed Buddhist statues.

http://english.alarabiya.net/article...08/193376.html

Saudi Petro-Dollars , hard at work exporting their hate ideology to the rest of the world leaving in their wake suffering and misery. Western elites such as: University heads, PR Firms, Lobbyists, Corperations, Foreign policy architects like NeoCons , Media and Politicians are selling the Saudis the rope that will be used to hang non Muslim cultures.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 3:03 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
The President of the Maldives resigned recently and now a Muslim mob has barged into the National Museum and smashed Buddhist statues.

http://english.alarabiya.net/article...08/193376.html

Saudi Petro-Dollars , hard at work exporting their hate ideology to the rest of the world leaving in their wake suffering and misery. Western elites such as: University heads, PR Firms, Lobbyists, Corperations, Foreign policy architects like NeoCons , Media and Politicians are selling the Saudis the rope that will be used to hang non Muslim cultures.
Are neo-cons part of the "western elite"? I thought there were about intervention and reducing dependence of foreign energy?

N.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by shiva
Don't know about the Hindu bit but Mecca was a "pagan" site of worship that much is well established. The Saudis take their destruction of anything pre Islamic as an instruction directly from the Koran where Mohammed pbuh cast out the infidel pagan idols from Mecca ( he forgot the benben stone but that's a whole other story) it's also where the portrayal of the human form became haram.
Yet the depiction of the human form is seen throughout Islamic history.

In any case if they don't want to show people in their pictures that's fine...but telling others what they can and cannot represent in art is a clear sign of a hostile intent.

N.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

And what will you do with your maids if you have to go ?

As flights will be booked by the rich TCNs and as visa restrictions are in place in adjacent GCC countries then I guess you might as well leave them the keys to the booze cupboard and your wifes swim suit so they can enjoy themselves

Flippers by the pool, just like the British club on any given saturday but with angry Iranians
Old Feb 11th 2012, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Are neo-cons part of the "western elite"? I thought there were about intervention and reducing dependence of foreign energy?

N.
Since they are/have been the most influential when it comes to directing US foreign policy, I'd say they are Western elites.

Yet the depiction of the human form is seen throughout Islamic history.

In any case if they don't want to show people in their pictures that's fine...but telling others what they can and cannot represent in art is a clear sign of a hostile intent.

N.
It certainly is hostile and nothing but naked aggression/hate against non Khaleeji cultures.

Last edited by Boomhauer; Feb 11th 2012 at 7:07 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
And what will you do with your maids if you have to go ?

As flights will be booked by the rich TCNs and as visa restrictions are in place in adjacent GCC countries then I guess you might as well leave them the keys to the booze cupboard and your wifes swim suit so they can enjoy themselves

Flippers by the pool, just like the British club on any given saturday but with angry Iranians
I do wonder about this scenario. Imagine the Arabian Ranches - there must we 2-3000 flippers in the area and we are 25km from civilization. Most of the pips can't reach the pedals of the 4x4s let alone drive them. When the rich expat men all jump in their X5s and head for the airport who will stay behind and service the flippers? They will go feral.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 5:31 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I do wonder about this scenario. Imagine the Arabian Ranches - there must we 2-3000 flippers in the area and we are 25km from civilization. Most of the pips can't reach the pedals of the 4x4s let alone drive them. When the rich expat men all jump in their X5s and head for the airport who will stay behind and service the flippers? They will go feral.
That'd make a good movie. Ranches of the Dolls?
Old Feb 12th 2012, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Old Feb 14th 2012, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Since they are/have been the most influential when it comes to directing US foreign policy, I'd say they are Western elites.
Ah the US Neo-Cons...well they are a different animal to British Neo-Cons. I don't think most neo-cons in the US are happy pandering to OPEC (especially in the Republican camp today) and many seem dead set on bringing about more US energy independence (even if that means drilling holes off their own coasts). I don't see it as very black and white. We see shifts all the time (look at Carter vs Regan) - the neo-con agenda is basically that of world police. The real issue is who they police and how.

In any case in my view the elites in the West are the increasingly powerful left/anarchist types in Academia and the do-gooders who brought about multiculturalism and political correctness - which have arguably weakened the West considerably from within over the last 30 years. Obama is continuing that agenda with his turncoat foreign policy (I stress turncoat not traitor) and recent gave the Russians our trident missile codes to get a deal signed with them - talk about stabbing your best friend in the back...

It certainly is hostile and nothing but naked aggression/hate against non Khaleeji cultures.[/QUOTE]

Well that's the tribal element of it for sure. There's also the hate of non-Muslims too, but that's not limited to Saudis.

N.