Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Evacuation if we go to war with Iran......

Evacuation if we go to war with Iran......

Old Dec 30th 2010, 10:59 am
Just Joined

kidsam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Evacuation if we go to war with Iran......

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I'll hole up in the Ally Pally, they'll never find me there.
When you say hole up............
Old Dec 31st 2010, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lionheart
Sounds like a plan.
But no plan is any good really if your employer holds your passport?
Old Dec 31st 2010, 2:56 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
But no plan is any good really if your employer holds your passport?
I hope you're not in that situation. My company has an operation in Saudi, and we make a point of not holding anyone's passport--'king outrageous to do so.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I hope you're not in that situation. My company has an operation in Saudi, and we make a point of not holding anyone's passport--'king outrageous to do so.
Totally agree. I would not accept this for 1 minute if that was me. One of my issues with a place like Qatar. The exit stamp requirement is a proxy for a withheld passport.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
whats wrong with the photo?

i'd say its a pretty fair representation of most tourist experience of dubai and a good chunk of the residents as well
That picture represents the experience fo the UAE for many residents? You're kidding right?

In case we're looking at different pictures- the one I'm looking at makes it look like a typical day in Do-Buy where you're sunbathing on teh beach and you have locals wandering past on a camel, on their way to and from the harem. It's a picture that shows Torygraph readers just what they want to see.

I'm 99% sure I've never seen an emirati on a camel, many Baluchis, Somalis, etc but not emirati. You don't have to be Robert Fisk to know that.

Or is it me in the minority again, like with the loans?
Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas

Or is it me in the minority again, like with the loans?
It's just you. I've seen many an Emirati riding a camel. They just tend to disguise them as Landcruisers
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:07 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miladassaf
Why you want a war?! call peace .....
I wish we can make peace worldwide for ever...
It's hard to make peace with the Iran's leaders who follow a particular sect of Shi'a Islam which pretty much calls for them to create the war conditions that will bring about the return of the last Iman...no wonder the leaders of the GCC have openly called for tougher action against Iran and wikileaks has published communications showing even the Saudi's wouldn't mind Israel using their airspace to strike Iran.

Iran badly needs another, secular revolution - the poor, young Iranians need support urgently to overthrow their leaders and create a better state.

N.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:07 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Can't find the news link but apparently somebody has offered USD1m for Mr Madinadinnerjacket's 1970's peugeot which will be used for social housing. And there is a news link which says that Iran has knocked out two American 'spy drones' in the Gulf today/yesterday:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...US-drones.html

Ho hum, what fun ...
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 4:05 am
Banned

A Free Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Iran has not exhibited any act of war against its neighbors, in fact Iran has never invaded any country and it's wars have been always to merely defend itself so I believe they should be allowed to have the technology to defend itself against Zionist aggressors.

We have already paid a high price for our nation’s commitment to Israel. We will pay an ever higher price – not just in dollars or international prestige, but in the lives of young men squandered for the interests of a foreign state.

Sad
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 5:18 am
Banned

BadDad is an unknown quantity at this point

"in fact Iran has never invaded any country"

So there never was a Persian empire then?
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 5:36 am
Banned

A Free Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadDad
So there never was a Persian empire then?
And while were at it we really should attack Rome for the atrocities that occurred during the Roman Empire.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 5:44 am
Banned

BadDad is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, I must have missed the post where it was stated that Italy has never invaded another country.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 7:06 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A Free Man
And while were at it we really should attack Rome for the atrocities that occurred during the Roman Empire.
Why limit yourself to the Roman Empire?

The Italians Occupied Ethipoia and Eritrea in much more recent times.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
It's just you. I've seen many an Emirati riding a camel. They just tend to disguise them as Landcruisers
LoL. Theres used to be a saying back when I lived there--From camel to Cadillac.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 11:14 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Why limit yourself to the Roman Empire?

The Italians Occupied Ethipoia and Eritrea in much more recent times.
He's a troll. Just ignore him. He's gone for now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.