Euro 2012

Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:08 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Euro 2012

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
What channel(s) is the Euro 2012 games on with English commentary?

I've always had all the sports channels on offer, last night could only find JSC 1-10. I assume its on 11?

Tried calling Du but after half an hour on hold I swore a lot at the recorded voice and hung up.
Its on Channel 533 on my Du box
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

I've always had all the sports channels on offer, last night could only find JSC 1-10. I assume its on 11?

Tried calling Du but after half an hour on hold I swore a lot at the recorded voice and hung up.
JSC events and HD

you might just need a reboot if you already have 9+10 ?
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:10 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Ta, will try a reboot.

Can't see 533, I expect they will sting me for more money today.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

HD1, JSC Events

HD1 had English commentary in the match but Arabic pundits, Events channel has the English pundits.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 6:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

English fans happy with a draw?

I quite enjoyed the game, disappointing goal to concede, Scott Parker got dragged too deep trying to cover for the idiot Glen Johnson, ended up Nasri having too much space and time to drill it.

Such is though.

Win against the other two and hope one of them get a result against the French and we'll be through.

Welbeck and Young were alright, Welbeck did a lot of work which is all I want to see.

Ox-Chambo was alright too, little flashes of attacking but in a game where we didn't have the ball too much and only one period of decent possession that I can remember, can't expect much out of him. Milner was decent too, Lescott and Terry mopped everything up reasonably well.

Not bad, solid performance.

How the referee didn't book the French no6 (Cabaye?) is beyond me.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 6:52 am
Just Joined

bobxbob is an unknown quantity at this point

I think England will do well this tournament as this time round no one is expecting them to do much.

The usual suspects will be there such as Spain, Germany, Netherlands etc...

The Russians are the dark horses of his tournament.

As long as we get decent games and no crowd trouble, that would be enough for me. But would be nice if England were to win it and if Ireland go past the group stages.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 6:59 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
English fans happy with a draw?

I quite enjoyed the game, disappointing goal to concede, Scott Parker got dragged too deep trying to cover for the idiot Glen Johnson, ended up Nasri having too much space and time to drill it.

Such is though.

Win against the other two and hope one of them get a result against the French and we'll be through.

Welbeck and Young were alright, Welbeck did a lot of work which is all I want to see.

Ox-Chambo was alright too, little flashes of attacking but in a game where we didn't have the ball too much and only one period of decent possession that I can remember, can't expect much out of him. Milner was decent too, Lescott and Terry mopped everything up reasonably well.

Not bad, solid performance.

How the referee didn't book the French no6 (Cabaye?) is beyond me.
Scamp - a good summary exactly how I saw it too - I would add in fairness to Parker that Gerrard and Milner were also rushing to cover the right back vacancy - clearly none of them trust the idiot.

Methinks it was a good point for England with them having 20+ shots and us just 3. Thought the OX and Welbeck did Ok for youngsters but it was maybe not Ashley Young's best game. When he brought on Henderson for Parker I was expecting an avanlanche of French goals but thankfully it didn't happen.

More hopeful we can sneak out of the group now
Old Jun 12th 2012, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Scott Parker was the best player on the pitch last night . England would have won that game last night if Rooney was playing as it was just the game he would of relished as he could have dropped off and ran at people but alas the wanker put paid to that a few months ago !

Canny performance , played a bit deep at times but defended pretty well and a world class save from Hart off the header .

Still my dark horses as i think England will be difficult to beat .
Old Jun 12th 2012, 7:31 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Scott Parker was the best player on the pitch last night . England would have won that game last night if Rooney was playing as it was just the game he would of relished as he could have dropped off and ran at people but alas the wanker put paid to that a few months ago !

Canny performance , played a bit deep at times but defended pretty well and a world class save from Hart off the header .

Still my dark horses as i think England will be difficult to beat .
So cdb, if Rooknee was available would you have played same team with Young dropped? Or dropped Welbeck and played Young? Or another option?
Old Jun 12th 2012, 7:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
Scamp - a good summary exactly how I saw it too - I would add in fairness to Parker that Gerrard and Milner were also rushing to cover the right back vacancy - clearly none of them trust the idiot.

Methinks it was a good point for England with them having 20+ shots and us just 3. Thought the OX and Welbeck did Ok for youngsters but it was maybe not Ashley Young's best game. When he brought on Henderson for Parker I was expecting an avanlanche of French goals but thankfully it didn't happen.

More hopeful we can sneak out of the group now
Yeah, agree on the whole midfield having to cover a bit at RB. Parker was quality generally though. What Jordan Henderson is doing anywhere near an England shirt is beyond me.

I'd like to see Young play wide left, Walcott / Ox on the right and Rooney + Welbeck up top for our last group game.

Also like to see a RB who wants to defend and not just trot about the pitch. Hopefully Roy will give him a kicking.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
So cdb, if Rooknee was available would you have played same team with Young dropped? Or dropped Welbeck and played Young? Or another option?
I'd drop Young , Rooney will come looking for the ball and you still need an outlet for link up play and i think Wellbeck is very very good at that , i think Young can drift in and out of games and at this level you need good discipline and shape .

Big players win games and England need Rooney .
Old Jun 12th 2012, 7:52 am
Account Closed

Without doubt, but we also need to get through the next game without him. Young can go wandering occasionally, that's why I want to see him stuck wide for England like he is with Utd.

Those front three all being United is a benefit.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 7:59 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

My Predictions for the group was Draw, lose and then win against Ukraine. Agree with CdB Rooney would of made the difference. Soft goal to concede to the fat arsed french prick who was probably the last player I wanted to see score........
Old Jun 12th 2012, 8:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britexpat76
My Predictions for the group was Draw, lose and then win against Ukraine. Agree with CdB Rooney would of made the difference. Soft goal to concede to the fat arsed french prick who was probably the last player I wanted to see score........
Amen. Brave telling the English fans and bench to shut up too....given that he plays weekly in..........well, England.

Cabaye or whoever it was playing number 6 must have paid the ref to not book him, phenomenal ability to avoid bookings, rivalling Van Bommel for being un-bookable.

Ah well, draw is good enough for a team I expect to lose to Ukraine and Sweden.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 8:07 am
Dunroaming back in UK

I'd drop Young , Rooney will come looking for the ball and you still need an outlet for link up play and i think Wellbeck is very very good at that , i think Young can drift in and out of games and at this level you need good discipline and shape .

d'accordo with all that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.