Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Emirati women in the cockpit.

Emirati women in the cockpit.

Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirati women in the cockpit.

In general I agree.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 5:02 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
comment from the same story on arabianbusiness.com

I ****ing love this guy...pure class.

"Posted by Sultan, Abu Dhabi on Monday 16 November 2009 at 10:13 UAE time

I dont get it; why Emiratis, be expected to bend backwards so that they can get jobs in their own country. Companies should be forced to offer Emirati job seekrs what they want and not place unreasonable demands like 9 hour working days or wearing uniforms instead of the respectable national dress.
The only valid reason for blacklisting is not attending interviews, apart from that, refusing job offers with low salaries like 10k is a perfectly good reason. You cant expect Emiratis to accept 10k or even 15k when so many foreigners get ten times that.
distorted view or what!!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 5:04 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
It must be so frustrating to live amongst people you hate and not be able to say anything.
you do talk some bollocks I have to say
Old Nov 17th 2009, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

As opposed to your intellectual responses? I think I already told you what to do if you don't like me.

some foreigners do get ten times that, but that still does not make it a sound argument or a valid reason for refusing 10 or 15k.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I know a couple of companies who employ emirates just to make up the 3% or whatever quota but tell them not to bother coming in, as they are utterly useless and unreliable.
I think that is really sad to read. We all have different experiences of working with Emiratis and mine is overall positive.

If someone kept telling me I am useless and didn't engage and involve me in actually producing/take responsibility for something at work, I would feel pretty deflated and demotivated. Keep telling me I am useless, and I would believe it and give up. But I agree, some take advantage of having more talented and capable people around them to produce results - but that is the same in any country. Invariably though, it simply boils down to personal confidence levels - at least that has been my experience in working with Emiratis.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weescot
I think that is really sad to read. We all have different experiences of working with Emiratis and mine is overall positive.

If someone kept telling me I am useless and didn't engage and involve me in actually producing/take responsibility for something at work, I would feel pretty deflated and demotivated. Keep telling me I am useless, and I would believe it and give up. But I agree, some take advantage of having more talented and capable people around them to produce results - but that is the same in any country. Invariably though, it simply boils down to personal confidence levels - at least that has been my experience in working with Emiratis.
That is interesting, and I am glad to hear that. A very different experience and opinion from others.