British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Emirati women in the cockpit. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/emirati-women-cockpit-636612/)

glynster Oct 20th 2009 7:53 am

Emirati women in the cockpit.

Got a nice ring to it dont ya think?
Will they be able to see in the dark with a veil on and tinted windows?

Spugsy Oct 20th 2009 7:58 am

Re: Emirati women in the cockpit.

Originally Posted by glynster (Post 8029887)
Got a nice ring to it dont ya think?
Will they be able to see in the dark with a veil on and tinted windows?

or would they crash into the sea as they'd be yapping away ontheir phones all the way?

glynster Oct 20th 2009 8:03 am

http://gulfnews.com/business/aviatio...ition-1.516814

oops forgot the link.

glynster Oct 20th 2009 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8029898)
or would they crash into the sea as they'd be yapping away ontheir phones all the way?

Or possibly get someone else to do it for them i.e a maid!!

shiva Oct 20th 2009 8:30 am

i dont want to be judegmental but i'm going to be.

Having seen them drive and their general attitude to anything work/responsibilty related. There is no ****ing way I'm getting on another etihad plane.

Patsy Stoned Oct 20th 2009 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 8029972)

Having seen them drive and their general attitude to anything work/responsibilty related. There is no ****ing way I'm getting on another etihad plane.

This must be 1 of the most sexist and judegmental (sic) comments I have read on this site!

benzonar Oct 20th 2009 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 8031398)
This must be 1 of the most sexist and judegmental (sic) comments I have read on this site!

I can't believe someone let you out of the kitchen!

Patsy Stoned Oct 20th 2009 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 8031447)
I can't believe someone let you out of the kitchen!

I was never in the kitchen to start off with, I trained the people to be in the kitchen!

shiva Oct 20th 2009 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 8031398)

oh boo ****ing hoo

there have been more than a few comments made about their male equivalent and not an eye lid batted but when its a women apparently its all sexist and judemental.

Bollocks, if we have any equality on the bored then that includes broad and sweeping statements towards women as well as men.
no sexism here just equality i'm afraid.

womankind burnt her bras, now ****ing live with it!

one last point before im stoned to death.
Is a comment based on years of observation and experience really just a sexist jibe or in fact a sad statemnet reflecting the underlying truth that the vast majority of emirati women are work shy layabouts who dont give a flying **** about anyone else especiallly when in control of a large vehicle travelling at high speed?

Patsy Stoned Oct 20th 2009 7:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva View Post
oh boo ****ing hoo

there have been more than a few comments made about their male equivalent and not an eye lid batted but when its a women apparently its all sexist and judemental.

Bollocks, if we have any equality on the bored then that includes broad and sweeping statements towards women as well as men.
no sexism here just equality i'm afraid. I would make a similiar statement if you made a sweeping statement against male emirati pilots!

womankind burnt her bras, now ****ing live with it! OMG!! how old are you to bring up that 60's slogan????

one last point before im stoned to death. Very funny, I am amused!
Is a comment based on years of observation and experience really just a sexist jibe or in fact a sad statemnet reflecting the underlying truth that the vast majority of emirati women are work shy layabouts who dont give a flying **** about anyone else especiallly when in control of a large vehicle travelling at high speed? Hmm..this statement will apply to male or female methinks

Spugsy Oct 21st 2009 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 8031505)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva View Post
oh boo ****ing hoo

no sexism here just equality i'm afraid. I would make a similiar statement if you made a sweeping statement against male emirati pilots!

womankind burnt her bras, now ****ing live with it! OMG!! how old are you to bring up that 60's slogan????

one last point before im stoned to death. Very funny, I am amused!
Is a comment based on years of observation and experience really just a sexist jibe or in fact a sad statemnet reflecting the underlying truth that the vast majority of emirati women are work shy layabouts who dont give a flying **** about anyone else especiallly when in control of a large vehicle travelling at high speed? Hmm..this statement will apply to male or female methinks

he's not saying women can't fly planes, of course they can - what he's saying, and I agree, is that most Emirati women are a fûcking nightmare behind the wheel of a car - so if they apply that to an aeroplane then we're all in deep shit.

glynster Oct 21st 2009 8:23 am

All this sexism shit is nowt but bollox,if you dont like some thing ignore it,there are too many differences in cultures to apply what we term as sexism, this is an open forum and some stuff is said tongue in cheek.

I find it so immature that people have to go on about ism's all the time as if they are moderators of life,so sad.

Millhouse Oct 21st 2009 2:51 pm

Personally I woudl rather see an Emirati woman than an Emirati man doing this job.

Where I work most (note that means not all of them) of the Emirati women are dedicated and want to work as they know their working days are limited. The men just want to compare their blackberrys and talk about how they run the joint.

Clay Buster Oct 21st 2009 4:00 pm

Since I work in a place with Emiratis of both genders, I can safely say that I will be extremely happy to be flown by Emirati women, as long as their training is up to scratch which it should be given the preponderence of British, South African, Kiwi and Aussie instructors in the UAE.

I reckon the women of the UAE are the key to the future after the oil runs out. Some of them may be a little undertrained to operate Land Cruisers, but in general they have a great deal more hunger than their male colleagues, and probably more than western women, to be taken seriously and to prove themselves.

Being in a job which involves staring intently at a radar screen, and having controlled aircraft piloted by both (I believe there are two, at any rate) of the female fast-jet trainees in the UAE air force, they are GOOD at what they do. A well-connected UAE national woman working shifts at the airport was alleged to have been told she need only work when she wanted to. She has never, to my knowledge, missed a shift.

As with colleagues anywhere, there are some who are better than others. The variability among UAE woman is heavily slanted, in my workplace, in favour of those who try hard and know what they're doing.

Jeeper Oct 21st 2009 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 8029972)

I've read the subsequent posts to this one but still I agree with the above.
Anyway, the plane won't get off the ground with all their tonnes of makeup.