Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Emirates to fly the A380 on Manchester route.

Emirates to fly the A380 on Manchester route.

Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates to fly the A380 on Manchester route.

Originally Posted by CeeBee
Are you serious? I often take this flight and the night time one in particular is ALWAYS packed. I must have taken this flight at least 10 times and pretty much every time it heaving. However, this is the major connecting flight for the rest of the world. Lands at around 7am then most people jog on elsewhere. Its a fantastic business decision from Emirates. With only a limited number of business seats I think this service will do very well.

You'd be surprised at how far people travel within the UK to get the Manchester flight.

?

i didn't imply that i myself didn't think this service will be successful. in fact i do think it will be. the point i was making is that the volumes of passengers flying exclusively between man and dxb as origin and destination points make up a small percentage of the number of passengers that will use this route. most travellers on this flight will be connecting to other points so the state of the dubai and uk economy doesn't really have much of an effect on how successful this new service will be.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Dean
Only first-class ones............
Are there any other kind?
Old Apr 1st 2010, 6:44 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy
Are there any?
I've corrected that for you...

-
Old Apr 1st 2010, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Meow
I've corrected that for you...

-
All you Cockneys (people from south of the Potteries) are just jealous.

It reminds me of the debate about whether Birmingham is Britain's second city......

....well it has a good case.......
Old Apr 1st 2010, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

....or maybe London......
Old Apr 1st 2010, 6:58 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Aye lad. Extra room for whippets and flat caps.

Southern, shandy-drinking puffs...
Old Apr 1st 2010, 7:00 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy
All you Cockneys (people from south of the Potteries) are just jealous.

It reminds me of the debate about whether Birmingham is Britain's second city......

....well it has a good case.......

Me? A cockney?

You Northern types are so sensitive...

-

Last edited by Meow; Apr 1st 2010 at 7:00 am. Reason: I am such a bad typist!
Old Apr 1st 2010, 11:56 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

It basically equates to an extra 90 seats a day to/from Man these being made up of an extra 34 business seats , 14 first class and the rest economy.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

AppleMac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
Point taken, but that's still a bold gamble to put an A380 on.
It's hardly a gamble - if it doesn't fill up they will simply remove it as they did with the JFK service.

There are plenty of other routes that could do with the extra capacity.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 5:29 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Originally Posted by expat.brat
please dont try to sound knowledgable about something you clearly know very little about. there may or may not be huge vols of traffic between man and dxb, however many passengers will use this service to connect to many other points in africa, the far east, and beyond.

so it's really lovely and clever of you to point out how 'broken' both economies are, however, that piece of info has limited relevance to the launch of this new service.
erm, it flies past africa.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glynster
erm, it flies past africa.
what is your point?
Old Apr 1st 2010, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice

Manchester-Dubai has the highest business class loads of all the UK routes and you have the high Pakistani transit load from Bradford, W/Yorks.