Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Egyptian resort hotel bans alcohol and creates women only floor.

Egyptian resort hotel bans alcohol and creates women only floor.

Old May 8th 2013, 7:35 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Egyptian resort hotel bans alcohol and creates women only floor.

Originally Posted by abi31
Yes they do. As do dolphins.

Sorry to ressurect such on old post but having just read this, at times, hilarious thread I felt the need to qualify the statement. In 'higher' beings (arguably those with the most advanced braincells I guess) the propensity for violence and power struggles is clear and comprehensible (if not acceptable).

However, unintentionally BE76 has raised a further point for why religion is not useful for the development of the human race - it removes the freedom of will (even if it at times claims to encourage it) that ensures people are people. You're not a good person if the only reason you remain good is if a piece of narrative fictions instructs that you should be so you can spend eternity with some slutty virgins or a harp. Free will is all - how can you measure good if there is no evil?
I definitely wouldn't do it for a harp.
Old May 8th 2013, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Quite right to. It's rubbish lager....
Old May 8th 2013, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of

What, be good?

Have to admit being Catholic (obviously believing in it too would be a vital component for this to be an issue) is kind of depressing. You either get coma-style boredom or a poker up your ass for eternity.
Old May 8th 2013, 8:56 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B_Girl_Turco
Yes its my answer , you must know arabic language for understand perfectly . you cant find any contradictions in quran , translations in other languages cannot seem original . I pay attention and many things you see as the contradiction is due to language differences , but if you spend a little more time and if you research about the meanings of words you can see there is no mistake .
even if there are no mistakes or contradictions (i don't actually have a clue if there are or not) it is obvious that the quran has huge gaps which have had to be filled later so as not to confuse people (else why would the clarifying texts exist?). also i find it interesting that there are still religious leaders clarifying and interpreting now 1500 years later if the original text is so clear and unambiguous...

the standard answer spouted that non-muslims cannot have an opinion or question anything because we don't speak arabic and didn't spend years studying the religious texts is frankly quite childish..

anyway carry on. i for one am quite entertained by both sides on this thread..still waiting for that 'breakthrough' argument though
Old May 8th 2013, 9:21 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Please show me where it's scientifically proven that fasting is good for you when all the doctors here warn people of the dangers of fasting then binging on food and countless people get hospitalized every year.
Come on Redshark, answer the question............
Old May 9th 2013, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Come on Redshark, answer the question............

You guys think that everyone in the world is spoiled for time like how you are in the Gulf, people have got to work hard here to make end meets.. you know. I am struggling to fit in this forum into my schedule. Actually Britexpat72, I have a confession to make to you, when I read this post of yours on my Iphone it was 1 Am, I just got back from office, and I was answering the call of nature.
Back to your question; You are obviously selective with what you read on here aren't you! You didn’t bother to listen to the short radio interview with the neuroscientist Prof Mark Mattson that I posted earlier. Knowing too well that I will be wasting my time, I will, however, give myself the benefit of the doubt and give it to you again:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today...00/9743041.stm
Old May 9th 2013, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Ok redshark, two very, very simple ones.

As a free thinker, why is the death penalty for apostasy ok?

If I, as a free thinker, in the company of other free thinkers but who are muslim, were to physically damage a koran, would the other free thinkers be justified in trying to have me arrested? If so, on what moral grounds?

Without going into the details here is a clear Quranic statement:
“There is no compulsion in religion”

As to your second question, try to do the same thing to a picture of a Jewish rabbi in London and see what the police would do to you
Old May 9th 2013, 2:51 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Bacon is good for you.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ter-mailonline
Old May 9th 2013, 3:17 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
Bullshit. How can you not be compelled to remain a muslim if the punishment for leaving the religion is death?
Qur'an Surah 4.
An-Nisaa, Ayah 89.
And most quoted in Sharia courts for the death penalty Qur'an 4:89.
Old May 9th 2013, 3:24 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

You guys think that everyone in the world is spoiled for time like how you are in the Gulf, people have got to work hard here to make end meets.. you know.]
ROFL!!!! You think some of the expats out here work less hours than they did in Eurpoe We just manage our time.
I am struggling to fit in this forum into my schedule.]
For most of us it's only a bit of fun, not deadly serious. If you're struggling to balance work & pleasure you need to reassess.
You didn’t bother to listen to the short radio interview with the neuroscientist Prof Mark Mattson that I posted earlier.
Please sir I did my homework! In the first sentence he states it's beneficial if you do it for at least 16 - 24 hours. He states for only 1 or 2 days a week. Thats not what is happening with ramadan fasting now is it? Now as a person who purports to be a 'free thinker' are you prepared to say that you were wrong?

Last edited by mikewot; May 9th 2013 at 6:46 am. Reason: Missed a bit
Old May 9th 2013, 6:37 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

and I'll just leave this little bombshell here.

http://blog.euromonitor.com/2013/04/...e-in-2012.html

have to say its reassuring to see Saudi, Iran and half the islamic worlds alcohol consumption rising between 8% and 16% for 2012.
all whilst the UK's drops
Old May 9th 2013, 6:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by shiva
have to say its reassuring to see Saudi, Iran and half the islamic worlds alcohol consumption rising between 8% and 16% for 2012.
all whilst the UK's drops
But redshark will tell you that the increase over here is because of all the expats who simply cannot do without booze.
Old May 9th 2013, 6:45 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
But redshark will tell you that the increase over here is because of all the expats who simply cannot do without booze.
no doubt
Old May 9th 2013, 7:24 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

You guys think that everyone in the world is spoiled for time like how you are in the Gulf, people have got to work hard here to make end meets.. you know. I am struggling to fit in this forum into my schedule. Actually Britexpat72, I have a confession to make to you, when I read this post of yours on my Iphone it was 1 Am, I just got back from office, and I was answering the call of nature.
Back to your question; You are obviously selective with what you read on here aren't you! You didn’t bother to listen to the short radio interview with the neuroscientist Prof Mark Mattson that I posted earlier. Knowing too well that I will be wasting my time, I will, however, give myself the benefit of the doubt and give it to you again:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today...00/9743041.stm
I did not listen as I saw this before I opened the link:-

Prof Mark Mattson, a neuroscientist in Baltimore says that fasting for one or two days a week makes cells stronger and more resistant to disease.

So, one or 2 days a week - not a month. If that's the best you can do I await your apology for being wrong - again........

Regarding hours, In the UK I worked 5/6 hours a day 5 days a week. In the gulf I work 10 hours a day 6 days a week. I do have the advantage of being sat at a desk for most of those hours and in between working I can debunk most of your posts.
Old May 9th 2013, 7:27 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

As to your second question, try to do the same thing to a picture of a Jewish rabbi in London and see what the police would do to you
So you provide no answer to either question. You do realise how this makes you appear, don't you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.