Dubai covers up..

Old Mar 23rd 2010, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Cuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Dubai covers up..

mmmm.....

A question, aren't there other countries that pay decently that a British expat could move to, that are not so strict etc?

I personally would not like to visit the majority of the middle east because of the way they're run.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 2:40 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cuppa10
mmmm.....

A question, aren't there other countries that pay decently that a British expat could move to, that are not so strict etc?

I personally would not like to visit the majority of the middle east because of the way they're run.
lived here then and tried it? try Spain.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 2:43 pm
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
nothing wrong with big knickers...I dare to say that most women look better in those than in small ones...
contrary to what most guys think, less isn't always good!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vc3hb38eT5...h_knickers.jpg
ctfc approves heartily of MHs knickers, though notes they are quoted as being French rather than Dutch ??
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

edinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of light

mmmm.....

Singapore & Hong Kong pay well.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
nothing wrong with big knickers...I dare to say that most women look better in those than in small ones...
contrary to what most guys think, less isn't always good!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vc3hb38eT5...h_knickers.jpg
I love that little button-up jobby at the top of the bottoms (so to speak). What make are they?
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

thats known as a keyhole Dean, don't know the brand expensive lace though so I'd say La Perla at a guess non wired bra though so only any good for little boobies
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

mmmm.....

Puerto Rica is nice.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 5:31 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

mmmm.....

Japan's a hoot, and China's immensely interesting.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore but rent is very expensive.
Hong Kong if you want more fun but then expect to have a very small apartment
Old Sep 25th 2010, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

libby2010 will become famous soon enoughlibby2010 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Singapore but rent is very expensive.
Hong Kong if you want more fun but then expect to have a very small apartment
can we get back to the cover up topic?

I don't live in dubai-yet.
but on my last visit I bought an abaya and headscarf thing, which to me seem the ultimate in liberation. no matter what I am wearing in the house or around the pool,scruffy or not, just out of bed, hair wet from last swim, it takes 10 seconds to throw on an abaya and be presentable.

not only that, I can move around in total anonymity, no worries about some aquaintance or business partner recognising me and forcing me to be sociable when I don't feel like it.

however I think there seems to be one serious drawback - which I only worked out after talking to people and reading stuff since I got back.

If you look like a muslim you are expected to behave like a muslim and since I don't know the code of conduct that can lead to problems.

for example it seems frowned upon for them to go out on their own.so when i tried to get a taxi back from the souk to the hotel i got abuse from some drivers and it took a while until one was willing to take me.
i felt very uncomfortable !
I also was not allowed into the bar and the nightclub in the hotel with my husband ( although that didnt bother me ), you can just take the abaya off.

I just wonder if anyone else has experience with wearing an abaya - although from your comments it seems you don't much like it.
can't understand why.

I just feel a bit resentful that when i am going to go to dubai on monday and was looking forward to travelling light and not worrying about a fat stomach i might be deprived of this pleasure and have to wear western clothes - and then have to cover up!

any advice will be gratefully received !
Old Sep 26th 2010, 1:47 am
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Right then,as most on here know the rules how ever new and ever changing in the evolution of the region,instead of waiting for the shocking headlines of our western holiday makers letting us down for not understanding and thinking they are in magaluf, why don't the Mall owners employ western security,only maybe one or two, to enforce the rules to make the shopping experience acceptable to everyone? We need them,they need us and show a mutual understanding. I would suggest trying to police it ourselves by just having a word with offenders but as Jeremy Kyle has produced a legion of ****wits this would never happen and cause more problems, so a uniformed one or two to explain in a civilised manner would alleviate the issue I would hope (and pray)
Old Sep 26th 2010, 3:18 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by libby2010

but on my last visit I bought an abaya and headscarf thing, which to me seem the ultimate in liberation. no matter what I am wearing in the house or around the pool,scruffy or not, just out of bed, hair wet from last swim, it takes 10 seconds to throw on an abaya and be presentable.

not only that, I can move around in total anonymity, no worries about some aquaintance or business partner recognising me and forcing me to be sociable when I don't feel like it.

however I think there seems to be one serious drawback - which I only worked out after talking to people and reading stuff since I got back.

If you look like a muslim you are expected to behave like a muslim and since I don't know the code of conduct that can lead to problems.

for example it seems frowned upon for them to go out on their own.so when i tried to get a taxi back from the souk to the hotel i got abuse from some drivers and it took a while until one was willing to take me.
I also was not allowed into the bar and the nightclub in the hotel with my husband ( although that didnt bother me ), you can just take the abaya off.

I just wonder if anyone else has experience with wearing an abaya - although from your comments it seems you don't much like it.
can't understand why.

I just feel a bit resentful that when i am going to go to dubai on monday and was looking forward to travelling light and not worrying about a fat stomach i might be deprived of this pleasure and have to wear western clothes - and then have to cover up!

there is absolutely no reason what so ever for a Western woman to wear an abaya/headscarf in Dubai...you can basiscally dress like you do 'back home', I'd say looking Western and wearing an abaya will attract attention rather than make you invisible...
your story really sounds weird, you say you've been to Dubai, so you must surely have noticed that there were no Western women wearing abayas (apart from those few that are married to Muslim men)...
Old Sep 26th 2010, 3:54 am
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

can't understand why.

Dont worry about your fat stomach its becoming the norm here too
Old Sep 26th 2010, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

can't understand why.

Are you sure you went to Dubai and not Saudi?
Old Sep 26th 2010, 4:33 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Are you sure you went to Dubai and not Saudi?
exactly...it's all a bit weird...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.