Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Dubai company contracts with Swiss firm to build underwater hotel.

Dubai company contracts with Swiss firm to build underwater hotel.

Old May 4th 2012, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai company contracts with Swiss firm to build underwater hotel.

Seeing as how the hotel is only going to have 21 rooms, shouldn't be a problem filling them me thinks so in this case the hotel developers might only literally be underwater and not financially?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1473903.html

There have claims of underwater hotels on the drawing board in the past but nothing came to fruition, but this one is claimed to have a signed contract, so what say ye?

Hotel design reminds me of The Spy who Loved Me.

Oh and, is the underwater life and scenery in Dubai ho hum or something to expereince for international tourists? I never dived or snorkled in the open ocean in my time in the UAE, just stuck to snorkling off the Corniche and close to the Abu Dhabi Hilton, and really there was nothing much to see. Except this one time I saw a lone turtle approach the shore but he got scared off by an excited me.

Last edited by Boomhauer; May 4th 2012 at 5:57 am.
Old May 4th 2012, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dubai company contracts with Swiss firm to build underwater hotel.

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Seeing as how the hotel is only going to have 21 rooms, shouldn't be a problem filling them me thinks so in this case the hotel developers might only literally be underwater and not financially?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1473903.html

There have claims of underwater hotels on the drawing board in the past but nothing came to fruition, but this one is claimed to have a signed contract, so what say ye?

Hotel design reminds me of The Spy who Loved Me.

Oh and, is the underwater life and scenery in Dubai ho hum or something to expereince for international tourists? I never dived or snorkled in the open ocean in my time in the UAE, just stuck to snorkling off the Corniche and close to the Abu Dhabi Hilton, and really there was nothing much to see. Except this one time I saw a lone turtle approach the shore but he got scared off by an excited me.
Dubai went down a similar road 15-20 years ago. Seems pointless to build a hotel with only 21 rooms. Perhaps they will be rented by the hour!!
Old May 4th 2012, 1:58 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I will believe it when I see it, heard it all before
Old May 4th 2012, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I will believe it when I see it, heard it all before
But you won't see it cuz it will be underwater

You know,I'm surprised that with the lone exception of Tom Cruise, Dubai never managed to entice big budet Hollywood or British movies. Or have there been more? With the Bond franchise really layin it on thick with product placement, I'd expect them to have shot some scenes in Dubai by now.
Old May 4th 2012, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
But you won't see it cuz it will be underwater

You know,I'm surprised that with the lone exception of Tom Cruise, Dubai never managed to entice big budet Hollywood or British movies. Or have there been more? With the Bond franchise really layin it on thick with product placement, I'd expect them to have shot some scenes in Dubai by now.
Syrianna was filmed, in part, in Dubai, albeit under a different name. Came out of it well...
Old May 6th 2012, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

Loved Syrianna
Old May 10th 2012, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

http://digitaljournal.com/article/32.../bit.ly/J17I16

already an underwater mosque
Old May 10th 2012, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by saudiflares
All I see is a perimeter of plumbing pipes stuck into the seafloor