Is Dubai back?

Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Is Dubai back?

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
I meant nicely failing as in able to be saved, I could go for the hammock on the beach with a rum in hand lifestyle. Lack of sarcasm is a small price to pay.

I think my next move will be back to the misty green emerald swirls of Ireland *wipes a tear from my eye and salutes the flag*.

Then being bored and leaving again
Why not just get to AD and build the big'un your lot have?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:20 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Why not just get to AD and build the big'un your lot have?
Its the current plan, I am temporarily working on something else at the moment but the plan was to go to Abu Dhabi.
However lately I am thoroughly sick of the ME so I feel like throwing my toys out of the pram.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Its the current plan, I am temporarily working on something else at the moment but the plan was to go to Abu Dhabi.
However lately I am thoroughly sick of the ME so I feel like throwing my toys out of the pram.
Nah, **** it. Go do that job and when it gets to 2.5 years and starts getting horribly messed up, back away and search for rum and hammocks?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:34 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Could be right.

I'm getting more calls from ****ing idiots in the UK demanding double their gross salary plus a villa plus schooling plus two cars plus bills paid to take a Construction Manager job.
Fair enough, but the agent who sold me on Dubai wasn't very honest when he painted a picture of a "tax-free paradise". Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I should have done better research.

Anyway, what can I get to come back now? I need to write "Return to Wonderland"...
Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Fair enough, but the agent who sold me on Dubai wasn't very honest when he painted a picture of a "tax-free paradise". Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I should have done better research.

Anyway, what can I get to come back now? I need to write "Return to Wonderland"...
QS aren't you?

Depends.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:41 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

QS aren't you?

Depends.
Yes, QS. Only kidding. I've just finished paying off the last ****-up I made from 6 years ago. I'll leave it. Besides, I start a new job in the UK in a couple of weeks.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:42 am
Account Closed

Yes, QS. Only kidding. I've just finished paying off the last ****-up I made from 6 years ago. I'll leave it. Besides, I start a new job in the UK in a couple of weeks.
Good job?

What about Saudi? Lovely this time of year.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:47 am
Excess Baggage

Good job?

What about Saudi? Lovely this time of year.
Yes, very good. Long term contract in oil and gas.

I wouldn't go to Saudi for any money. I've been offered it and just thought...Nah.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:54 am
Account Closed

Yes, very good. Long term contract in oil and gas.

I wouldn't go to Saudi for any money. I've been offered it and just thought...Nah.
Million quid a week?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 7:00 am
Excess Baggage

Million quid a week?
Camp-based or city?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 7:33 am
Account Closed

Camp-based or city?
Palace.

You have to take it up the chuff once every 2 days
Old Feb 26th 2013, 7:43 am
Excess Baggage

Palace.

Ah, it will be like boarding school all over again...
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

In some ways, the bubble is already bursting.......... I have lost count of the number of shops that have closed in Dubai Mall since last summer, apparently because those greedy 'owners' (presumably on the assumption that a business in a boom town could afford it) shoved the rents up so far that occupants were priced out........

........ so now, it's becoming just another place where the big chain stores go. I used to love that 'Deli' place by the bridge over to the Souq - up went the rent, out went the occupants.... and in came Tim Horton.........

Last edited by The Dean; Feb 26th 2013 at 8:06 am. Reason: ..
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:27 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Palace.

Perks as well?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Perks as well?
Yeah, taking it up the chuff.

Oh, medical. Sorry, forgot that one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.