Dubai 7s

Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:13 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai 7s

Originally Posted by Scamp
So what will you do that weekend instead? (Must be something that includes leaving your home)

We'll then work out if you'll encounter dickheads.
I'm probably going to be running race control and all communications for Dubai Rally that weekend, so a slightly different crowd from the rugby one
Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by shiva
I'm probably going to be running race control and all communications for Dubai Rally that weekend, so a slightly different crowd from the rugby one
That sounds fun. Proper racing rally stuff? Like Colin McRae type rallying or Steam Rally?

Why don't things like this get a bit more press.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:36 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds fun. Proper racing rally stuff? Like Colin McRae type rallying or Steam Rally?

Why don't things like this get a bit more press.
proper FIA rally, (half of the guys running it here knew McRae personally, not me ) it does get press just most people are too busy with their brunch agendas!

people assume 7days is the only press here and english the only language. There is loads going on here but people need to be proactive and get engaged in the community.

http://www.dubaiinternationalrally.com/index.aspx

http://www.atcuae.ae/index.aspx

http://www.atcuae.ae/volunteer2.aspx
we always need marshals so feel free to get in touch with the ATCUAE (not me im just another volunteer)

we also do the desert challenge rally

Old Oct 4th 2012, 7:30 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I would say the new ground is better than the exiles. It seems to get better each year, and the atmosphere in the BP stand is hard to beat.

A mate is playing in a rugby league all-stars team this year, looking forward to seeing that one.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 7:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I would say the new ground is better than the exiles. It seems to get better each year, and the atmosphere in the BP stand is hard to beat.

A mate is playing in a rugby league all-stars team this year, looking forward to seeing that one.
Is that the stand that you can drink and smoke in?
Old Oct 4th 2012, 8:05 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the stand that you can drink and smoke in?
Yeah, it generally fills up quite quickly. You can't beat a bag of Heineken, packet of Marlboro lights and a day watching the rugby.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 8:26 am
Big Member

This will be a cracking team to watch...

Jason Robinson
Kris Radlinski
Sean Long
Gary Connolly
Martin Offiah
Ste Hampson
BJ Mather
Dennis Betts
Mick Cassidy
Paul Sculthorpe
Stephen Blakely
Adrian Morley
Brian Carney
Andy Johnson (Captain)
Old Oct 4th 2012, 9:06 am
Account Closed

Yeah, it generally fills up quite quickly. You can't beat a bag of Heineken, packet of Marlboro lights and a day watching the rugby.
Exactly.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

You all seem to have ignored my post (which is entirely your privilege, but as I was trying to point out, the rugby is far better than it's ever been, so the rugby diehards-v-total pissheads ratio is more refined these days).

I also (a separate point) get the impression that the corporate hospitality jobby is more restrained these days too - correct me if I'm wrong - as I see more non-pissed people emerging from those areas at end-of-day than I used to..........

All in all, it's a superb event, whichever angle you consider........ and that squad of Rugby L**gue's finest looks like it will be tough to beat - is that the one raising money for the Joining Jack charity (or whatever it's called)?

[Edit: ah yes.............. http://joiningjack.org/ ]

Last edited by The Dean; Oct 4th 2012 at 11:08 am. Reason: .
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

My mate and I got jumped by 5 Russians at the 7's last year. We were down by the food and pissers behind the hospitality stand just minding our own business deciding which of our mates we should go and meet next then BANG fist to the face. I ended up having 8 stitches above my eye although I have a feeling they all had to have a lot more than that.

As such, not sure about going again this year. Been there, played there, been hammered there so pretty much done that and got the T shirt.

Interesting that the Desert challenge is the same weekend. Will maybe have a look at that. I'm an FIA marshal so ............. could work out.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 6:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack
My mate and I got jumped by 5 Russians at the 7's last year. We were down by the food and pissers behind the hospitality stand just minding our own business deciding which of our mates we should go and meet next then BANG fist to the face. I ended up having 8 stitches above my eye although I have a feeling they all had to have a lot more than that.

As such, not sure about going again this year. Been there, played there, been hammered there so pretty much done that and got the T shirt.

Interesting that the Desert challenge is the same weekend. Will maybe have a look at that. I'm an FIA marshal so ............. could work out.
I'm always dubious of stories where fights start for no reason...I know it does happen, BUT it's pretty unlikely no?

Anyway....I'll be going again this year, why not. Something different and the rugby's always quite good.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always dubious of stories where fights start for no reason...I know it does happen, BUT it's pretty unlikely no?
I totally agree and normally share your dubious thoughts but we had literally only been there for an hour or so and were relatively sober so no sillyness had occurred from our side. Not sure if it was mistaken identity or what but I'm pretty sure they regretted their actions in the end.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 6:21 am
Account Closed

I totally agree and normally share your dubious thoughts but we had literally only been there for an hour or so and were relatively sober so no sillyness had occurred from our side. Not sure if it was mistaken identity or what but I'm pretty sure they regretted their actions in the end.
Fair enough. I assume you gave them an absolute kicking?
Old Oct 8th 2012, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

This will be a cracking team to watch...

Jason Robinson
Is this Jason Robinson, ex league/union convert and Rugby World Cup final 2003 try scorer?? He'll be playing at the 7s?
Old Oct 8th 2012, 8:43 am
**** it we'll do it live

dubai rally is that weekend, desert challenge is end of march start of april time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.