Drive to work

Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Drive to work

Originally Posted by Ethos83
You're not the one complaining about the traffic, are you?
His choice, fine, then why whinge about the traffic and expect sympathy?
Not expecting sympathy, I started the thread to see what other people do.

Which is more annoying, me ribbing Scamp or that you never fail to sneer at that I lived in the Greens? The latter is tiring and surely you can think of something else to criticise me for You claim to be a reasonably bright woman with above average intellect and this is the best you can come up with?

This year I've been going to Dubai for work on average once every six weeks. Yes, haven't really mentioned it before but then again I was afraid someone like you would come along and turn it into another annoying criticism

Anyway, to rehash the point. Scamp works in JLT. He could have easily lived within walking distance of his office. JLT and Business Bay aren't that different - mediocre and overpriced towers catering to overpaid expats. But he chose not to. He chose to have to suffer a long commute.

Thus I spake: quit complaining and put up with it.
I can assure you the former is tiring as well and surely you can think of something else to criticise. You claim to be a reasonably bright man with above average intellect and this is the best you can come up with?

Note how I cleverly used what you wrote there?
Originally Posted by saudiflares
She does wear the trousers sometimes, but sometimes I do, compromise is king. It's why she's put up with me for this long
Old Nov 14th 2013, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
She does wear the trousers sometimes, but sometimes I do, compromise is king. It's why she's put up with me for this long
What I’m reading here is that she’s changing you into the man she wants you to be.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 4:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
What I’m reading here is that she’s changing you into the man she wants you to be.
Probably already has. I don't mind, I just keep improving as a human being so it's no bad thing
Old Nov 14th 2013, 4:42 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

The latter is tiring and surely you can think of something else to criticise me for
I've got some tissues for you to dry those tears princess.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 6:23 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Which is more annoying, me ribbing Scamp or that you never fail to sneer at that I lived in the Greens? The latter is tiring and surely you can think of something else to criticise me for You claim to be a reasonably bright woman with above average intellect and this is the best you can come up with?

This year I've been going to Dubai for work on average once every six weeks. Yes, haven't really mentioned it before but then again I was afraid someone like you would come along and turn it into another annoying criticism

Anyway, to rehash the point. Scamp works in JLT. He could have easily lived within walking distance of his office. JLT and Business Bay aren't that different - mediocre and overpriced towers catering to overpaid expats. But he chose not to. He chose to have to suffer a long commute.

Thus I spake: quit complaining and put up with it.
That's a bit of a chip on your shoulder. I don't sneer at living in The Greens. It's just very dull that you mention it in every other post and think it is the only place people should live in Dubai.

As for the rest of your post I haven't read it and really don't care.

Now run along Tarquin.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 1:16 pm
Account Closed

I'm on the metro. It's alright.
Gold class was 11dizzers to BBay.

Would genuinely consider doing this everyday, especially at the moment as car is in service and it's beautifully cool weather.

I'm only just beyond MoE though and it's taken 11mins...
Old Nov 18th 2013, 1:25 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

I'm on the metro. It's alright.
Gold class was 11dizzers to BBay.

Would genuinely consider doing this everyday, especially at the moment as car is in service and it's beautifully cool weather.

I'm only just beyond MoE though and it's taken 11mins...
Posh bastard, most of us use pleb class.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 1:40 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Posh bastard, most of us use pleb class.
Using PT?
Old Nov 18th 2013, 1:51 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Using PT?
First world problems eh?

Since I use Tube and buses in London I don't see what the problem is, it's a darn sight cheaper too.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 2:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
First world problems eh?

Since I use Tube and buses in London I don't see what the problem is, it's a darn sight cheaper too.
It was a darn sight busier. No seats.

I offered my seat to a woman and she, with others, just stared at me. Didn't seem the done thing.

All in all;
9min to metro
5min ticket and wait
21min journey
10min walk home
= 45 mins

Conclusion:

Not worth trying to take every day both ways, only good for four months a year when not too hot.

Will DEFINITELY use for post-Thursday beers though and times like this when my car is being serviced / costing me a fortune.

If I lived right on a stop, as in; won't get sweaty in summer and office was right next to one is seriously consider it.

But, in final summary I think I just need a nicer car to enjoy the drive more
Old Nov 18th 2013, 2:39 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to sound a snob but I always use Gold Class now, its nothing to do with being posh though. 3 very valid reasons :

1. I have had a back op and its easier to find a seat in gold class, usually.
2. The 'Dubai Flu' that goes around once every 2 months is not so easy to catch if you have a little breathing space around you. This I learnt the hard way...twice!
3. And the most valid point of all, better perving options
Old Nov 18th 2013, 2:48 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
First world problems eh?

I used the tube all the time in London...but that was before I moved to Dubai and joined the nouveau riche.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 2:50 pm
Big Member

But, in final summary I think I just need a nicer car to enjoy the drive more
Not everyones cup of tea, but I just got a good deal leasing a Q5 for 2 years through Hertz.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Not everyones cup of tea, but I just got a good deal leasing a Q5 for 2 years through Hertz.
I like the Q5, but don't you just wish you'd got the 7? Not meant to sound rude, I just think if I was buying a Porsche I'd want a 911, not a Boxster.

That being said the Q7 is about 400yds long so not the best example.

What sort of money does it cost?
Old Nov 18th 2013, 5:47 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I like the Q5, but don't you just wish you'd got the 7? Not meant to sound rude, I just think if I was buying a Porsche I'd want a 911, not a Boxster.

That being said the Q7 is about 400yds long so not the best example.

What sort of money does it cost?
New Boxster S and Cayman S arguably as good if not better than 911. Totally irrelevant, I know...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.