Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Doing the needful - Good deeds of the day

Doing the needful - Good deeds of the day

Old Nov 23rd 2017, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Doing the needful - Good deeds of the day

In elevator this morning. Lands on ground floor, doors open and immediately a short Filipino barges in before I can get out (within a second of the doors opening, just like a NYC cab horn blaring within a second of the light turning green). He literally pushes past me.

I did the needful. Pulled myself up as much as a 6'2 man can and loomed over the short 5'4 Filipino and gave him a full piece of my mind. Well, didn't quite go so far as to call him names aloud but the implication was there in the tone, and gave him a properly patronising lecture. Good deed for the day accomplished.

So what's your good deed of the day so far?
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 5:43 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Doing the needful - Good deeds of the day

I lent our neighbour our beer fridge.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 6:03 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

I generally try to give as many short arsed foreigners as possible a proper bollocking on a daily basis. They don't even have to do anything particularly wrong, just somehow inconvenience me or have the potential to inconvenience me.

**** 'em
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
In elevator this morning. Lands on ground floor, doors open and immediately a short Filipino barges in before I can get out (within a second of the doors opening, just like a NYC cab horn blaring within a second of the light turning green). He literally pushes past me.

I did the needful. Pulled myself up as much as a 6'2 man can and loomed over the short 5'4 Filipino and gave him a full piece of my mind. Well, didn't quite go so far as to call him names aloud but the implication was there in the tone, and gave him a properly patronising lecture. Good deed for the day accomplished.

So what's your good deed of the day so far?
Try using the lift next time.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Try using the lift next time.
Very funny.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

Not all heros wear capes.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Arnold S
Not all heros wear capes.
Ah. I see.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 8:44 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Just delivered another strong bollocking to the chai walla for pouring hot tea into a china cup without putting the milk in first. I tried to change it up by going from patronising to sneering towards the finale.
If he understood any of it I think I will have to employ a tea tester for a week or so.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Perhaps I should further explain that the Filipino barraged into the elevator so quickly that he pushed me. I was bumped aside.

Got it?

People (particularly of certain nationalities) barging into lifts or metro carriages before letting passengers get off first is a common enough theme in the GCC and has come up with frequency on this board. An instruction in some common sense on public courtesy goes a long way.

So, did he fix you a better cuppa next time?

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Just delivered another strong bollocking to the chai walla for pouring hot tea into a china cup without putting the milk in first. I tried to change it up by going from patronising to sneering towards the finale.
If he understood any of it I think I will have to employ a tea tester for a week or so.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 10:38 am
Knee deep and rising

So, did he fix you a better cuppa next time?
Not only has he improved on the tea serving procedure, he has also taken it one step further by adopting an air of superiority and berating the other chai wallas for their uncouth tea pouring ways.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Not only has he improved on the tea serving procedure, he has also taken it one step further by adopting an air of superiority and berating the other chai wallas for their uncouth tea pouring ways.
Piss off.

Second good deed for the day done.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 11:07 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

The gardener - well, the bloke who randomly sprays the hose around the garden some of the days he is supposed to - left his bike parked in my garden this morning. Cue a strongly worded note left in the basket complete with a patronising cartoon of a "bicycle" with an X through it (he's probably a PhD).
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 11:18 am
Knee deep and rising

That reminds me of the time myself and the young cleaning lady ended up in an embrace one morning, and caught up in the throes of passion she cast her drawers haphazardly across the freshly polished marble.

Needless to say I severely castigated her for this act of over familiarity shortly afterwards.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

Perhaps I should further explain that the Filipino barraged into the elevator so quickly that he pushed me. I was bumped aside.
You have to ask yourself, how do these people sleep at nights?
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arnold S
You have to ask yourself, how do these people sleep at nights?
Probably very well... with their 7 room mates all farting away.

I was more worried about DXBDOH's feelings in all of this, the physical pain from the bumping will heal, but the mental scars will last a lifetime. These scumbags don't appreciate this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.