Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Doing the needful - Good deeds of the day

Doing the needful - Good deeds of the day

Old Nov 23rd 2017, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doing the needful - Good deeds of the day

#whitelivesmatter
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Probably very well... with their 7 room mates all farting away.

I was more worried about DXBDOH's feelings in all of this, the physical pain from the bumping will heal, but the mental scars will last a lifetime. These scumbags don't appreciate this.
Damn right. Between this and the smelly taxi drivers who don't know the location of highly prominent landmarks, or uber drivers who won't follow their own maps, or Indian employees who won't wear deodorant because it gives you manboobs, it's a hardship situation out here. You don't know how much shit I have to put up with. I'm going to find a chaise longue and a box of chocolates for tonight.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 12:08 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody maid put the new toilet roll on back-to-front again this morning, despite my passive-aggressive reversal of it last time. I shall give her a good dressing down next time I see her.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Bloody maid put the new toilet roll on back-to-front again this morning, despite my passive-aggressive reversal of it last time. I shall give her a good dressing down next time I see her.
It's easier to fire her and get another one from the front of the line. The conveyor belt from the Philippines will never stop coming.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 9:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Perhaps I should further explain that the Filipino barraged into the elevator so quickly that he pushed me. I was bumped aside.

Got it?

People (particularly of certain nationalities) barging into lifts or metro carriages before letting passengers get off first is a common enough theme in the GCC and has come up with frequency on this board. An instruction in some common sense on public courtesy goes a long way.

So, did he fix you a better cuppa next time?
Good on you. These people won't learn if we suffer in silence and if the same person does it again you're allowed to assault them.

Lifts in Sydney are bliss. If it's a bit busy, people wait for the next one. Not full, just a bit busy. Room for say 3-4 people comfortably or 5-6 at a squeeze. It's fantastic.

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Not only has he improved on the tea serving procedure, he has also taken it one step further by adopting an air of superiority and berating the other chai wallas for their uncouth tea pouring ways.
You've started a chain reaction of improvement. Star of the day?
Old Nov 24th 2017, 4:18 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

You've started a chain reaction of improvement. Star of the day?
Yes I stuck a gold star on his forehead so now he has the caste system, an imported class system and a merit system to deal with.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 4:26 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

A fresh atrocity at this morning's elevenses:

The serving boy arrived with the cucumber sandwiches cut in halves rather than diagonally quartered with the crusts removed.

'The tribal elders in your village may accept this shoddy service', I admonished him while reaching for the Dijon, 'but here it simply doesn't cut the mustard.'

He retreated suitably shamed to the hoo raas and guffaws of my colleagues, lesson learned I should think.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
A fresh atrocity at this morning's elevenses:

The serving boy arrived with the cucumber sandwiches cut in halves rather than diagonally quartered with the crusts removed.

'The tribal elders in your village may accept this shoddy service', I admonished him while reaching for the Dijon, 'but here it simply doesn't cut the mustard.'

He retreated suitably shamed to the hoo raas and guffaws of my colleagues, lesson learned I should think.
I see you're going native.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 11:42 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I see you're going native.
Better than going into one I should say