Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Dodge Charger RT - the worst piece of automobile crap currently on sale

Dodge Charger RT - the worst piece of automobile crap currently on sale

Old Sep 3rd 2013, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dodge Charger RT - the worst piece of automobile crap currently on sale

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
I hope my F150 has a better made gearbox than my Expy

still have the smell of 2 day old fried gearbox in my nostrils

Very upset given the bullet proof-ness of my old Expy

Given that I drive the Expy like an old woman and will hammer the F150 it best be built tough like the window sticker claims
I love it when a new car breaks down. Reminds me of our old volvo that was towed to the dealer on day 4. It never worked properly - but I blame the shitbag Renault engine

So what happened? Did it just clunck and no more, or loads of white smoke?
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 10:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Dodge Charger RT - the worst piece of automobile crap currently on sale

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I love it when a new car breaks down. Reminds me of our old volvo that was towed to the dealer on day 4. It never worked properly - but I blame the shitbag Renault engine

So what happened? Did it just clunck and no more, or loads of white smoke?
My old dear went from 3-series after 3-series to the Alfa Brera. Had it 6-7 weeks and only ACTUALLY had it for about 15 days the entire time. Eventually they were so embarrassed they gave her every penny back + all finance costs.

She sensibly went round the corner and got an A5.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

We bought a Renault Traffic van back in the day. Had it for approx 2 days before we blew and seized the engine. Their excuse was that when they were throwing it together they had forgotten to put oil into it and connect the oil sensor warning. As such, it apparently only had assembly oil in it.

I thought it did well to run for 2 days!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NightCrawler
Ah who cares? I just want to get from here to there and the last time I really cared about what I was driving I was 16 or 17 years old. I derive no real pleasure from driving and I really don't understand how anybody could. It was fun when I first started doing it, but the thrill was gone by the time I turned 20...

I drive a cadillac STS btw- I'm all about comfort
Back again, eh? Not for long though, pal!
Old Sep 8th 2013, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Picked up the new V8 F150 tonight and cant remember the last time a car put as big a smile on my face as this has.

Absolutely love it, goes like the clappers and sounds awesome

If the Range Rover was the best car I have ever driven then the F150 is the most fun. Was supposed to drive it straight home but went skudding around DXB instead. Cant stop smiling

I cant think of any reason to buy anything else other than the 6.2 V8 Falcon if you have the extra cash

Only downside is I am off to India for 2 weeks tomorrow to pay for it, bugger. However weight loss is the fastest way to improve performance

If you have just bought a Hyundai, Kia or Honda then weep in shame
Old Sep 10th 2013, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha I've done something like 500 miles in mines in 3 weeks
Sounds great in tunnels
Microsoft sync system is great and actually works
Old Sep 10th 2013, 2:33 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Picked up the new V8 F150 tonight and cant remember the last time a car put as big a smile on my face as this has.

Absolutely love it, goes like the clappers and sounds awesome

If the Range Rover was the best car I have ever driven then the F150 is the most fun. Was supposed to drive it straight home but went skudding around DXB instead. Cant stop smiling

I cant think of any reason to buy anything else other than the 6.2 V8 Falcon if you have the extra cash

Only downside is I am off to India for 2 weeks tomorrow to pay for it, bugger. However weight loss is the fastest way to improve performance

If you have just bought a Hyundai, Kia or Honda then weep in shame
Dude at my work just bought a Raptor. Now THAT is a weapon
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by RyanC
Microsoft sync system is great and actually works
My Exploder has this and the phone / music controls on the steering wheel. Makes life very easy although the voice recognition doesn't seem to understand the nicknames I've got for mates...
Old Sep 11th 2013, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Well, nothing as exciting as an F150 - but a 1996 GMC Suburban. Just had to have one once I found out they had a 7.4L V8. Love the sound the idling sound the exhaust makes.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
My Exploder has this and the phone / music controls on the steering wheel. Makes life very easy although the voice recognition doesn't seem to understand the nicknames I've got for mates...
Haha yeah it struggles with my scottish accent at times but mostly all good
Old Sep 13th 2013, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Surely that's hardly surprising tho... Even though 110's were designed in biblical times and Ford trucks use technology from biblical times the materials and construction processes should make the F150 feel like a Bentley compared to a 110.
Not at all. I spent many hours off road in a military 110 and found it to be incredible.. They are designed for off road use and a 1999 110 will out perform a new SUV 9 out of 10 times
Old Sep 15th 2013, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Haha yeah it struggles with my scottish accent at times but mostly all good
I couldnt get Sync to work on my Expedition except for the phone.

The expy came back from the dealers after the day 2 fry up feeling a whole lot better though they did say nothing was wrong, yeh right.

I think there may be a Cheshire triangle upgrade for the Sync so it can actually understand proper English

Mrs Tock has not managed to get the fuel consumption on the F150 below an all time best of 32 L/100 kms but she does have lead stilletos

Cant wait to get back out of India and give it a proper scud about

The Raptor is a weapon commander however I like the F150 Falcon much better and that was another 90K for 60 BHP which was pushing it too far. The Raptor was another 170K over the price of the 360 BHP one I got so reckon it was a bargain. Raptor and Falcon share the same 6.2L engine but nothing else
Old Sep 16th 2013, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Not at all. I spent many hours off road in a military 110 and found it to be incredible.. They are designed for off road use and a 1999 110 will out perform a new SUV 9 out of 10 times
Yes and no I'm afraid.... I also spent many, many hours driving Landrovers. I have had 2 110's and a 90 as company vehicles and used them on a daily basis both on road and off road in pretty equal quantities. This was mainly in Scotland visiting sites. On road they are not nice at all. You have a 3hr drive in a 110 and you know about it, from the loud, cold and sometimes wet interior to the poor road manners to the poor economy and performance. Off road, if the conditions suit them they are excellent. Give them some rocky conditions or mud and they are great. Personally I found the 90 to be more adept in really sticky stuff. If the conditions don't suit them, such as sand they are not so good.

I'm not having a go at them, I'm a fan of landies, I'm just saying they are rubbish on the road and off road they aren't as versatile as a modern SUV which may not be as good in certain conditions but when taking many different conditions into account they perform consistently better. Landies do their job and as a agricultural 4x4 they are hard to beat. However, comfort, reliability, economy and refinement are certainly not words you would associate with them.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 7:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack
However, comfort, reliability, economy and refinement are certainly not words you would associate with them.
A bit like Wranglers. The old man still has his N-reg one, I learnt to drive in it and it was great fun but **** having that for an everyday car. Out here as well...why bother? stop start on SZR with a manual and a horrible clutch position? People are mental.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
A bit like Wranglers. The old man still has his N-reg one, I learnt to drive in it and it was great fun but **** having that for an everyday car. Out here as well...why bother? stop start on SZR with a manual and a horrible clutch position? People are mental.
Ha ha, a little bit. I've got a Wrangler but it is pretty much dormant over the summer and then once the winter comes its camping / 4x4ing time! Then it's ace. Agreed that its a similar situation to the Landy tho. Doing any kind of distance on road is a complete ball ache. It's loud, has poor performance and is uneconomical. It doesn't help that I fitted Recaro buckets to mine either..... not much in the way of 'give'. Very supportive when in the dunes tho.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.