Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Dodge Charger RT - the worst piece of automobile crap currently on sale

Dodge Charger RT - the worst piece of automobile crap currently on sale

Old Aug 24th 2013, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dodge Charger RT - the worst piece of automobile crap currently on sale

Now I know there are some Dodge fans out there and I used to have a love for the looks of the Charger and Challenger RTs and SRTs
but I have spent the weekend test driving cars for Mrs Tock (she will help choose the colour) and the worst car I drove this weekend and the most disappointing by far was the Charger RT.
What a total piece of junk. The worst gearbox, the slowest gear change, all or nothing throttle response, super quiet exhaust, the uselessness of this car just went on and on.
For anyone who has thought of buying a new one of these, don't bother, they are crap beyond belief and my rental Accord is a thousand times better for everything except a 0-60 traffic light drag race.

So Mrs Tock will be on the road in a Ford in 3 weeks
Old Aug 25th 2013, 4:54 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dodge Charger RT - the worst piece of automobile crap currently on sale

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
my rental Accord is a thousand times better for everything except a 0-60 traffic light drag race.

You obviously don't have the V6 then, that's seriously quick.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dodge Charger RT - the worst piece of automobile crap currently on sale

No I had the 2.4 which is a jolly useful car except on bends where it loses the plot with ease and screams like its from a 1970's starsky and hutch episode but it is built in America so shouldn't expect anything else really

Its certainly better than the Camry so all in all if you don't want to go around bends the Accord is a great car and a thousand times better than the dodge but not as good as an F150. Very excited as I have always wanted one and the boat docks at Jebel Ali tomorrow with my little truck on board. 9 days and it will be in my hands for about 10 minutes until the Mrs and little ones claim it for their own. Then it will be the Geant shop on a Friday morning only
Old Aug 25th 2013, 4:04 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

One thing I don't like about the Accord is that the steering is far too light, easy around town but go around a corner, it's shit.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

Did you try the Camaro yet? Thats my "i would never drive that back home car" that i am thinking of in DBX!
Old Aug 25th 2013, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Now I know there are some Dodge fans out there and I used to have a love for the looks of the Charger and Challenger RTs and SRTs
but I have spent the weekend test driving cars for Mrs Tock (she will help choose the colour) and the worst car I drove this weekend and the most disappointing by far was the Charger RT.
What a total piece of junk. The worst gearbox, the slowest gear change, all or nothing throttle response, super quiet exhaust, the uselessness of this car just went on and on.
For anyone who has thought of buying a new one of these, don't bother, they are crap beyond belief and my rental Accord is a thousand times better for everything except a 0-60 traffic light drag race.

So Mrs Tock will be on the road in a Ford in 3 weeks
we changed our ford mustang gt to the dodge charge but only went for the sport model, its got a 6 speed box and is pretty quick, but each time it goes in the garage they have to tweak the computer to try and get the hesitation on the acceleration... its pretty quick didnt want to spend the extra on the really quick version as i do millions of miles on wacky races, but its pretty good at its job to keep me safe on ad wacky races every day..! our other car is still a ford.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Not for nothing are the Chrysler/Dodge logos respectively the puckered arse and the rancid ram....
Old Aug 25th 2013, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

No I had the 2.4 which is a jolly useful car except on bends where it loses the plot with ease and screams like its from a 1970's starsky and hutch episode but it is built in America so shouldn't expect anything else really

Its certainly better than the Camry so all in all if you don't want to go around bends the Accord is a great car and a thousand times better than the dodge but not as good as an F150. Very excited as I have always wanted one and the boat docks at Jebel Ali tomorrow with my little truck on board. 9 days and it will be in my hands for about 10 minutes until the Mrs and little ones claim it for their own. Then it will be the Geant shop on a Friday morning only
you bought a F150? Raptor? I thought you got an exploder.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse
you bought a F150? Raptor? I thought you got an exploder.
Nah I ordered its bigger brother the Expedition EL as my works car and may finally even pick it up today or tomorrow.

This car is the mrs tocks little runaround
I love the raptor and the high rider but the best of the pick ups is the mid priced F150 Falcon which they have in the showroom now but which I haven't seen on the street. 6 inch lift, massive wheels like a high rider and the same 6.2 V8 as the raptor. I got such a deal on the 5 litre V8 I couldn't justify the extra 91000 aed for 1.2 liters. The revised coyote v8 has 360 hp which should be adequate for the school run
There is a few more horses available via rousch exhaust which is a ford option but too pricey here. I am in the states in October so will bring one back as my check in baggage :-)
Old Aug 26th 2013, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by busybee2
we changed our ford mustang gt to the dodge charge but only went for the sport model, its got a 6 speed box and is pretty quick, but each time it goes in the garage they have to tweak the computer to try and get the hesitation on the acceleration... its pretty quick didnt want to spend the extra on the really quick version as i do millions of miles on wacky races, but its pretty good at its job to keep me safe on ad wacky races every day..! our other car is still a ford.
If the r/t had the 6 speed then it may transform it into something usable. The 3.5 is probably a far better car right now, good choice
Old Aug 26th 2013, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by flood2
Did you try the Camaro yet? Thats my "i would never drive that back home car" that i am thinking of in DBX!
Not on the option list though nice car.crawling into the back to fix 2 small kids into seats ruled it out
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

If the r/t had the 6 speed then it may transform it into something usable. The 3.5 is probably a far better car right now, good choice
doesnt the r/t have the 6 speed box? mine is pretty nifty at whizzing in and out if necessary, and does the job on wacky races every day.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not on the option list though nice car.crawling into the back to fix 2 small kids into seats ruled it out
thats why we moved from our lovely gt mustang because in the end after 6 years the legs of the teenagers were growing too quickly.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Nah I ordered its bigger brother the Expedition EL as my works car and may finally even pick it up today or tomorrow.

This car is the mrs tocks little runaround
I love the raptor and the high rider but the best of the pick ups is the mid priced F150 Falcon which they have in the showroom now but which I haven't seen on the street. 6 inch lift, massive wheels like a high rider and the same 6.2 V8 as the raptor. I got such a deal on the 5 litre V8 I couldn't justify the extra 91000 aed for 1.2 liters. The revised coyote v8 has 360 hp which should be adequate for the school run
There is a few more horses available via rousch exhaust which is a ford option but too pricey here. I am in the states in October so will bring one back as my check in baggage :-)
humm. Two full size SUVs in an Alma house... did you check you can fit them both on the drive

Anyway, living the dream - fair play to that. Even if they are american shitbags.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 6:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Even if they are american shitbags.
I've been growing ever more frustrated with my Exploder.

The gap between dropping a gear and two gears is finer than fine. I don't always want it to drop two and red line to get from 100 to 120.

That being said, I've mastered the art of getting it to think it's dropping two, pausing (it takes a while) and then letting it find the new gear just as I ease off so it gets really confused and just does the one gear drop instead. The time it takes for that to all happen is roughly 35 minutes. It takes forever to respond.

Still, it's not a racing car and the big shiny reflective grille definitely blinds the odd person.

New one looks nice though, much better interior anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.