Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Do you own an apartment at Jumeirah Beach Residence?

Do you own an apartment at Jumeirah Beach Residence?

Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:40 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you own an apartment at Jumeirah Beach Residence?

Originally Posted by commander
and i dont pee in the bath either, mind you at least i know my bath doesnt leak..

And i am not the one begging for support for a crap investment...your right thou, a village was deprived of an idiot when you moved to Dubai.

Come along to the pub quiz meeting. I may come along too, it will be good sport, discussing your investment..

nugget

oh and i live in Abu Dhabi....
guys, he never was "begging for support for a crap investment"... the Association has been set up to try to show the management company that Residents have an opinion that should be listened to. "Try" being the operative word here.

Tbh, I think the association should be for residents rather than just owners, simply cos a lot of the bigger landlords don't give a monkey's about the quality of life here.

Yes, the build quality is sh*t, yes, it may have been a not-so-clever investment, but at the end of the day, what's wrong in trying to make it a better place?

Nothing...
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:50 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
guys, he never was "begging for support for a crap investment"... the Association has been set up to try to show the management company that Residents have an opinion that should be listened to. "Try" being the operative word here.

Tbh, I think the association should be for residents rather than just owners, simply cos a lot of the bigger landlords don't give a monkey's about the quality of life here.

Yes, the build quality is sh*t, yes, it may have been a not-so-clever investment, but at the end of the day, what's wrong in trying to make it a better place?

Nothing...

No need to assume all owners were rampers...

I'd still never buy here though.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klaus3974
BE Middle East looks everyday more like that EW site...
ha ha how do you know what EW site is like then, hey!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:41 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
ha ha how do you know what EW site is like then, hey!
he has a point though...there's a negative atmosphere around these days...
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:52 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
he has a point though...there's a negative atmosphere around these days...
There does appear to be a 'vibe'... I have even noticed some of posts 'tainted' with it....
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:54 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
There does appear to be a 'vibe'... I have even noticed some of posts 'tainted' with it....
talking dirty now are you...
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:56 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

talking dirty now are you...
Not quite the use of the word 'taint' I meant.....
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:57 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Not quite the use of the word 'taint' I meant.....
sorry...it was the vibe that set me off...
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:57 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

sorry...it was the vibe that set me off...
The batteries are almost out... So enjoy while you can....
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:02 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JTF
.....I also apologize to MacScot, pauldbx and any others whom I may have unfairly criticised. MacScot, having re-read my last post I agree that I was perhaps too quick to respond. I realize that I should not have tarred you all with the same brush......
Thanks for the acknowledgement of the reasonableness of my comments.

I too have bought an apartment here in Dubai...though at Dubai Marina not JBR. I always thought that rent money was dead money anyway (unless your employer is paying !) and, if one is able, it is better to buy if you are here for the medium to long term. If short term...just rent !

I'm quite happy with my marina apartment investment which is also my home and, unlike in some areas in Dubai, has increased significantly in price despite the global downturn...so a good investment.

There will always be debates between buyers and renters...
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:05 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by MacScot
Thanks for the acknowledgement of the reasonableness of my comments.

I too have bought an apartment here in Dubai...though at Dubai Marina not JBR. I always thought that rent money was dead money anyway (unless your employer is paying !) and, if one is able, it is better to buy if you are here for the medium to long term. If short term...just rent !

I'm quite happy with my marina apartment investment which is also my home and, unlike in some areas in Dubai, has increased significantly in price despite the global downturn...so a good investment.

There will always be debates between buyers and renters...
nothing wrong with debates...but the gloating gets annoying after a while...
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:06 am
JTF
Just Joined

JTF is an unknown quantity at this point

Admon, regarding your comment...
you really would be cannon fodder if you carry on with all that stuff that you are spieling above..
Read this thread from the first post and then tell me who started the personal attacks.

Last edited by JTF; Mar 19th 2009 at 8:11 am.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:08 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

nothing wrong with debates...but the gloating gets annoying after a while...
yea...agree...but so does 'reverse gloating'....
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:10 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by MacScot
yea...agree...but so does 'reverse gloating'....
oh absolutely...first it was the buyers that did it, now the none buyers...same same
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:14 am
A bubbly-jock...

oh absolutely...first it was the buyers that did it, now the none buyers...same same
Good point...it's cyclical though...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.