British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Do you own an apartment at Jumeirah Beach Residence? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/do-you-own-apartment-jumeirah-beach-residence-598234/)

JTF Mar 17th 2009 11:13 pm

Do you own an apartment at Jumeirah Beach Residence?

Dear All, are you an apartment owner at JBR?
If so, are you...
• Happy with the present quality and level of service that Salwan Property Management provide?
• Believe that Dubai Properties have fulfilled their obligations in respect of the facilities that they have provided to JBR owners?
• Happy to pay a service charge with has increased from AED 9.5 to AED 21.75 per square foot?
If you have answered YES to each of the above questions, the rest of this post does not apply to you.

However, if you feel that any of the following is true...
• Salwan has failed to provide a level of transparency and quality of service (eg. regular window cleaning, adequate security, access to swimming pools, cleanliness and maintenance of common areas etc...) that merits a service charge of AED 9.5 per sq. ft.
• That there has been no justification provided that would merit an increase in the service charge to AED 21.75 per sq. ft.
• That Dubai Properties have failed to provide the facilities that you believed would be provided. Facilities which they heavily touted in advertising literature as being an important part of the ‘JBR Community’ and 'Beach Resort Lifestyle'; facilities that may have influenced your decision to purchase at JBR and convinced you to hand over your hard earner cash (eg. gyms, beach park, children’s play areas etc...) Take a look at the Master Community Declaration document, Schedule A, Master Plan, and there you will see a plan of the
each park you were supposed to have access to (now a car park).
• That when you purchased your sea facing apartment in Amwaj, Rimal or Bahar, you thought that your view would be of a beach park, but now find that the extra money you paid was for a view of a stretch of tarmac for 1,000+ cars to park (see picture in post 3591 above).
• That Salwan are in breach of various sections of its own Master Community Declaration and Co-Owners Association Constitution.

So, what can you do about it? Well, on your own, probably not a lot, but by working together with other owners there is a much better chance that Salwan, Dubai Properties and Estithmaar Realty, will be forced to hear your voice.
Whether you bought at JBR as an investment, or as a place to live full time or just on holidays, it is in your interest to have someone stand up for you and make JBR the best that it can be.
The Interim JBR Residents Association was formed because of the frustration many of us felt about having no say in the decisions taken by Salwan that affected our investment/home/holiday apartment. The motivation of the Association is to get best value for our money and to improve the quality of facilities and life at JBR for all owners and tenants. The Association is also there to hold Salwan to account for their actions or lack of them.
The Association (despite there being no other forum for residents to put forward their views, is still to be formally recognized by Salwan), now needs to increase the size of its membership in all the towers of JBR. Otherwise the impression that Salwan is accountable only to its parent company, Dubai Properties, rather than those who own the apartments and pay the service charge will continue.
So please email
[email protected].
and give them your support. To register, all you have to do is provide the following…
• your Name,
• apartment number,
• apartment Block Name, and
• email contact, mobile or landline number
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

P.S. Salwan have a meeting on Thursday with RERA at which it is believed they will attempt to seek approval for their service charge increase. Tha Association really need your support. If you own an apartment at JBR, this is not the time to sit on you hands.

commander Mar 18th 2009 1:45 am

Re: Do you own an apartment at Jumeirah Beach Residence?

To be fair anyone with a quarter ounce of sense wouldn't have bought one of those in the first place.

Terrible buildings
Terrible fittings
Terrible standard of workmanship
Majority terrible views

What did you guys expect, buy property in a country where there is no real regulations at your peril....

Good luck though, try selling it...oh wait your massive profit prob isn't there anymore and your rental income will be back to a normal-non greedy bastard level.

have a nice day and good luck, next time you guys jump on the gravy train, be prepared for a crash....

Inselaffen Mar 18th 2009 1:51 am

to be fair some of the apartments there have some of the best views of any apartments in Dubai.

still damn ugly buildings though

rowell Mar 18th 2009 3:53 am

Originally Posted by JTF (Post 7390990)
If so, are you...
• Happy with the present quality and level of service that Salwan Property Management provide?
• Believe that Dubai Properties have fulfilled their obligations in respect of the facilities that they have provided to JBR owners?
• Happy to pay a service charge with has increased from AED 9.5 to AED 21.75 per square foot?
If you have answered YES to each of the above questions, the rest of this post does not apply to you.

• Salwan has failed to provide a level of transparency and quality of service (eg. regular window cleaning, adequate security, access to swimming pools, cleanliness and maintenance of common areas etc...) that merits a service charge of AED 9.5 per sq. ft.
• That there has been no justification provided that would merit an increase in the service charge to AED 21.75 per sq. ft.
• That Dubai Properties have failed to provide the facilities that you believed would be provided. Facilities which they heavily touted in advertising literature as being an important part of the ‘JBR Community’ and 'Beach Resort Lifestyle'; facilities that may have influenced your decision to purchase at JBR and convinced you to hand over your hard earner cash (eg. gyms, beach park, children’s play areas etc...) Take a look at the Master Community Declaration document, Schedule A, Master Plan, and there you will see a plan of the
• That when you purchased your sea facing apartment in Amwaj, Rimal or Bahar, you thought that your view would be of a beach park, but now find that the extra money you paid was for a view of a stretch of tarmac for 1,000+ cars to park (see picture in post 3591 above).
• That Salwan are in breach of various sections of its own Master Community Declaration and Co-Owners Association Constitution.

So, what can you do about it? Well, on your own, probably not a lot, but by working together with other owners there is a much better chance that Salwan, Dubai Properties and Estithmaar Realty, will be forced to hear your voice.
Whether you bought at JBR as an investment, or as a place to live full time or just on holidays, it is in your interest to have someone stand up for you and make JBR the best that it can be.
The Interim JBR Residents Association was formed because of the frustration many of us felt about having no say in the decisions taken by Salwan that affected our investment/home/holiday apartment. The motivation of the Association is to get best value for our money and to improve the quality of facilities and life at JBR for all owners and tenants. The Association is also there to hold Salwan to account for their actions or lack of them.
The Association (despite there being no other forum for residents to put forward their views, is still to be formally recognized by Salwan), now needs to increase the size of its membership in all the towers of JBR. Otherwise the impression that Salwan is accountable only to its parent company, Dubai Properties, rather than those who own the apartments and pay the service charge will continue.
So please email
[email protected].
and give them your support. To register, all you have to do is provide the following…
• your Name,
• apartment number,

P.S. Salwan have a meeting on Thursday with RERA at which it is believed they will attempt to seek approval for their service charge increase. Tha Association really need your support. If you own an apartment at JBR, this is not the time to sit on you hands.

Not much support from the JBRCommunity site eh?:sneaky:

lionheart Mar 18th 2009 5:15 am

The JBR complex reminds me of housing estates in Eastern Europe. They should be torn down and rebuilt in my view.

Hello.Kitty Mar 18th 2009 5:38 am

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 7391673)
Not much support from the JBRCommunity site eh?:sneaky:

lol - I love that JBR Community site... every post is vetted by one mod before it gets posted publicly (usually taking 24-48h) so you can't actually have any form of discussion on there. Also, the mod is - apologies - just a PR puppet and can't/won't deviate from a standard response... Try to pin them down on the bad smells (it's the residents' fault), on the dog poo that's all over the grassed areas (it's the residents' fault...) or on what exactly their maintenance programme for the A/C is (guess...) and you get nothing back.

I thank goodness that I didn't buy here... it's soo heading for a fall. Well, it's falling apart already...

B Bear Mar 18th 2009 7:56 am

It doesn't matter much anyway now. Within a few months as the rents hit 100 or less then pairs of families or more will start 'moving up' from Satwa and the squalid squats around the creek. They wont be interested in your lifestyle shops or the view Im afraid! Springs etc the same. There was a Phillipino chap in the 'Express' last week saying how he was moving into Springs with another family or two so they could all have a bit more space rather than a cardboard divided room in some 30 year old slum. The buildings are cracking and sinking, and the demographics are going to be changing quickly in some of these previously 'desirable exclusive' developments methinks.

Roadking Mar 18th 2009 7:58 am

Originally Posted by JTF (Post 7390990)
If so, are you...

So please email
[email protected].
• your Name,
• apartment number,

I've looked and looked and looked and can't find a post 3591 above...:(

TGFKASE Mar 18th 2009 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7392192)
I've looked and looked and looked and can't find a post 3591 above...:(

I cant believe you read through it....

So, what do we do to people who get caught doing a cut-and-paste on BE????

Roadking Mar 18th 2009 8:04 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7392195)
I cant believe you read through it....

So, what do we do to people who get caught doing a cut-and-paste on BE????

Congratulate them on creative thinking or castrate them for being lazy sods.

I didn't read it, this part jumped out at me, not literally, but y'no what I mean.

JTF Mar 18th 2009 8:52 am

Hi Folks, yes I originally past this on the ‘Skyscrapercity.com’ website and then cut and pasted it across to this forum. Yes, I failed to remove the reference to the photo on that site, sorry for the oversight on my part.

Question? Is it a requirement that before posting on this forum you are required to be bitter and twisted, or do you just become that way over time? Is it the sun, heat and sand, or is the negativity inbred?
What’s so wrong that some people may have decided to buy rather than rent?
I thought that there just might be one or two of you who owned property in JBR who would be interested in joining the association… clearly not.
‘Hello. Kitty’ the website that you are referring to is operated by the Salwan property management company and has nothing to do with the Association.

Folks, I have been a member of your forum for nearly 2 years, but this is only my 7th post. Why so few posts? Have you have ever wondered why it’s always the same clique of regular posters on this forum? If so, have a look back, and check out the way some of you respond to other new members posts and you will have your answer.
Anyway, your responses to my post speak volumes… I’ll now leave you to get back to your self congratulations and back slapping.

MacScot Mar 18th 2009 8:59 am

Originally Posted by JTF (Post 7392333)
Hi Folks, yes I originally past this on the ‘Skyscrapercity.com’ website and then cut and pasted it across to this forum. Yes, I failed to remove the reference to the photo on that site, sorry for the oversight on my part.

Question? Is it a requirement that before posting on this forum you are required to be bitter and twisted, or do you just become that way over time? Is it the sun, heat and sand, or is the negativity inbred?
I thought that there just might be one or two of you who owned property in JBR who would be interested in joining the association… clearly not.
‘Hello. Kitty’ the website that you are referring to is operated by the Salwan property management company and has nothing to do with the Association.

Folks, I have been a member of your forum for nearly 2 years, but this is only my 7th post. Why so few posts? Have you have ever wondered why it’s always the same clique of regular posters on this forum? If so, have a look back, and check out the way some of you respond to other new members posts and you will have your answer.
Anyway, your responses to my post speak volumes… I’ll now leave you to get back to your self congratulations and back slapping.

Well...that post was a wee bit bitchy...your thread has only been up for about half-a-day !

There are BE members who own apartments in JBR but, jeez, at least give them time to read the thread and respond.

TGFKASE Mar 18th 2009 9:10 am

So speaks a guy who is a regular poster on Skyscrapercity......:rofl::rofl:

shiva Mar 18th 2009 9:12 am

i wasnt going to gloat this time, but.......

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl:

you bought into that gulag piece of crap, now your pissed you got screwed.......what a collossal surprise that is

and no i didnt and havent yet bought property in Dubai or AD or Ajman, I am waiting for all the scmucks like yourself to really struggle before they sell me their property for a tiny fraction of what they paid as anyone with half a brain could see this coming three years ago.

rowell Mar 18th 2009 9:15 am

[QUOTE=JTF;7392333]

You have the wrong site thats JBRcommunity.com