Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Do you own an apartment at Jumeirah Beach Residence?

Do you own an apartment at Jumeirah Beach Residence?

Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:40 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you own an apartment at Jumeirah Beach Residence?

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
.....Saying that... there is a bit of a trend towards turning the most innocent thread into a bit of a bitchfest...
..but isn't The Sandpit a subforum for posting off-topic chit chat...perhaps why so many also go off-topic temporarily.

Perhaps the thread should have been in the main forum (Middle East)
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:51 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
..but isn't The Sandpit a subforum for posting off-topic chit chat...perhaps why so many also go off-topic temporarily.

Perhaps the thread should have been in the main forum (Middle East)
sure, and yes, I agree, this one should have been posted in the main forum, but even so... threads seem to degenerate to unfriendly rather than OT really quickly, regardless of where they're put.

It's actually quite bad that new people could be/are put off from posting...
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:52 pm
JTF
Just Joined

JTF is an unknown quantity at this point

Folks, when I posted on this forum, I did so in the belief that there might be one or two of you who own an apartment at JBR and who had not heard about the Association. I genuinely thought that if this was the case then you might be interested in joining the Association.

I thought that the heading of my post ‘Do you own an apartment at Jumeirah Beach Residence?’ would suggest that the content was aimed at a specific audience. I also hoped that those to whom it did not apply would simply ignore it. Now, if by posting on ‘The Sand Pit’ rather than the main forum I broke a taboo; then I apologize.

I also apologize to MacScot, pauldbx and any others whom I may have unfairly criticised. MacScot, having re-read my last post I agree that I was perhaps too quick to respond. I realize that I should not have tarred you all with the same brush. However…

Commander, what do you have against people who own their own apartment in Dubai? Ok, so I chose to buy and you chose to rent. But then I don’t receive any rent allowance. The apartment I own is the only one I have ever owned in Dubai. I did not buy it to make a quick buck, but as a long term investment and somewhere that I could live. You were the first to reply to my post with the following…
…oh wait your massive profit prob isn't there anymore and your rental income will be back to a normal-non greedy bastard level… have a nice day and good luck, next time you guys jump on the gravy train, be prepared for a crash...
Do you think that you know me? Was that really called for? All I can say is that I cannot take seriously a person who still pees in his bath.

The general comments about the quality of build at JBR I can live with… although what relevance do they have to the content of my post? The sarcasm from Rowell…
…Not much support from the JBRCommunity site eh?
was vary tame, and I should have ignored it.

But here’s the thing, even before I posted, I expected the type of comments which have been forthcoming. So subconsciously I probably decided to get my retaliation in first, and of course once my second post went onto the site… well it was my own fault for throwing raw meat into the balcony.

But I will ask you again Commander, why do you think you know me?
…I make no apology for slighting the same people who 2 years ago were swanning around thinking they were donald trump because they bought an apartment in Dubai and its value had soared....well, the ones with half a brain no longer own any property in dubai... the remainder are muppets, pure and simple.
Seems to me that as long as you are living out here in Dubai, there is some village in England deprived of it’s idiot.

So, I take it that I’ll not be getting at invite to the pub quiz night then?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 3:00 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JTF
Folks, when I posted on this forum, I did so in the belief that there might be one or two of you who own an apartment at JBR and who had not heard about the Association. I genuinely thought that if this was the case then you might be interested in joining the Association.

I thought that the heading of my post ‘Do you own an apartment at Jumeirah Beach Residence?’ would suggest that the content was aimed at a specific audience. I also hoped that those to whom it did not apply would simply ignore it. Now, if by posting on ‘The Sand Pit’ rather than the main forum I broke a taboo; then I apologize.

I also apologize to MacScot, pauldbx and any others whom I may have unfairly criticised. MacScot, having re-read my last post I agree that I was perhaps too quick to respond. I realize that I should not have tarred you all with the same brush. However…

Commander, what do you have against people who own their own apartment in Dubai? Ok, so I chose to buy and you chose to rent. But then I don’t receive any rent allowance. The apartment I own is the only one I have ever owned in Dubai. I did not buy it to make a quick buck, but as a long term investment and somewhere that I could live. You were the first to reply to my post with the following…
…oh wait your massive profit prob isn't there anymore and your rental income will be back to a normal-non greedy bastard level… have a nice day and good luck, next time you guys jump on the gravy train, be prepared for a crash...
Do you think that you know me? Was that really called for? All I can say is that I cannot take seriously a person who still pees in his bath.

The general comments about the quality of build at JBR I can live with… although what relevance do they have to the content of my post? The sarcasm from Rowell…
…Not much support from the JBRCommunity site eh?
was vary tame, and I should have ignored it.

But here’s the thing, even before I posted, I expected the type of comments which have been forthcoming. So subconsciously I probably decided to get my retaliation in first, and of course once my second post went onto the site… well it was my own fault for throwing raw meat into the balcony.

…I make no apology for slighting the same people who 2 years ago were swanning around thinking they were donald trump because they bought an apartment in Dubai and its value had soared....well, the ones with half a brain no longer own any property in dubai... the remainder are muppets, pure and simple.
Seems to me that as long as you are living out here in Dubai, there is some village in England deprived of it’s idiot.

Monday night at Nelsons - about 8.30 pm
Old Mar 19th 2009, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JTF

I think your attendance at the next pub quiz would guarantee a good night..

you really would be cannon fodder if you carry on with all that stuff that you are spieling above..

Seriously, I don't see the justification in buying just because you don't get a housing allowance. I and many others on here don't, but choose to rent and have had no intention to buy at any point.
On arrival here, it only takes a cursory glance at build quality of all types of property to realise that a long term property investment here is a contradiction in terms - I can't see much that has been built freehold that will be liveable at a reasonable quality of life in 25 years time.
Plumbing, electrics, sewerage, everything here is shocking and still being built to third world standards, by people with little construction experience.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Monday night at Nelsons - about 8.30 pm
So there is now a 'rival' quiz night?

This could be tantamount to a declaration of war to a few on here..
Old Mar 19th 2009, 3:06 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
I think your attendance at the next pub quiz would guarantee a good night..

you really would be cannon fodder if you carry on with all that stuff that you are spieling above..

Seriously, I don't see the justification in buying just because you don't get a housing allowance. I and many others on here don't, but choose to rent and have had no intention to buy at any point.
On arrival here, it only takes a cursory glance at build quality of all types of property to realise that a long term property investment here is a contradiction in terms - I can't see much that has been built freehold that will be liveable at a reasonable quality of life in 25 years time.
Plumbing, electrics, sewerage, everything here is shocking and still being built to third world standards, by people with little construction experience.
I agree with you (this is happening alot recently), and I don't see how not getting a housing allowance makes any difference, we can do what we wish with our allowance and haven't bought anything here. The only place I would have bought would have been at the Green Community.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 3:07 am
Concierge

So there is now a 'rival' quiz night?

This could be tantamount to a declaration of war to a few on here..
not at all, just myself and a few friends who live in this area are going to try Nelsons on Monday night, anyone is welcome. TGFKASE is offering a free chauffer service in his tuk tuk

Last edited by Blue Cat; Mar 19th 2009 at 3:07 am. Reason: sp
Old Mar 19th 2009, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JTF

From your comments above, you clearly fit into the same category, in that you are posting things about people that clearly you know nothing about..

..Commander is Scottish..
Old Mar 19th 2009, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

not at all, just myself and a few friends who live in this area are going to try Nelsons on Monday night, anyone is welcome. TGFKASE is offering a free chauffer service in his tuk tuk
work with me here..

this is war, it is, it has to be, 2 quiz nights, it can't be anything else, no matter how it's dressed up..
Old Mar 19th 2009, 3:10 am
Concierge

work with me here..

this is war, it is, it has to be, 2 quiz nights, it can't be anything else, no matter how it's dressed up..
hardly
Old Mar 19th 2009, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

hardly
I'll post it and see what the others think?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 3:32 am
Concierge

I'll post it and see what the others think?
like I am bovvered
Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:33 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

From your comments above, you clearly fit into the same category, in that you are posting things about people that clearly you know nothing about..

..Commander is Scottish..
and i dont pee in the bath either, mind you at least i know my bath doesnt leak..

And i am not the one begging for support for a crap investment...your right thou, a village was deprived of an idiot when you moved to Dubai.

Come along to the pub quiz meeting. I may come along too, it will be good sport, discussing your investment..

nugget

oh and i live in Abu Dhabi....

Last edited by commander; Mar 19th 2009 at 4:37 am.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

BE Middle East looks everyday more like that EW site...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.