Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Did you know it is illegal in Switzerland to keep only 1 guinea pig

Did you know it is illegal in Switzerland to keep only 1 guinea pig

Old Mar 16th 2016, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did you know it is illegal in Switzerland to keep only 1 guinea pig

Originally Posted by Scamp
We used to trap it in the microwave or oven, otherwise it would be in the kitchen flying around for ****ing ages.
WTF trap it in the microwave or oven........
Old Mar 16th 2016, 6:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Rubydo
WTF trap it in the microwave or oven........
Yeah, bit of food to lure it in, then bang. Door shut. Have that you mental bastard.

Wait 10 seconds for it to calm a bit, use a tea towel to trap it with door open, back in the cage, cup of tea, panic over.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, bit of food to lure it in, then bang. Door shut. Have that you mental bastard.

Wait 10 seconds for it to calm a bit, use a tea towel to trap it with door open, back in the cage, cup of tea, panic over.
How I would have loved to see that in action haha. I had a little finch (called finchy- original I know) he was cute but annoyingly vocal
Old Mar 16th 2016, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

How I would have loved to see that in action haha. I had a little finch (called finchy- original I know) he was cute but annoyingly vocal
I had always imagined that you kept Great Tits, named left and right.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I had always imagined that you kept Great Tits, named left and right.
😜 quick for u that Millhouse!
Old Mar 16th 2016, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Talking of shit pets. I had a budgie when I was younger.
When I lived in AbuDhabi, I originally had 2 budgies then I got another 2.

I used to always let them loose in the room to fly around and then after some time put them back in the cage. One day I set the cage out in the balcony for them to get some fresh air, but forgot to close the door , so they all flew away. I cried (was around 9 or 10yo then). So mom tells me it's all for the best as it is cruel to keep birds in a cage.

Since then I never had pet birds . Did have terrapins, cats and a squirrel and family now has a labrador . We live in a house with a large yard so he gets to run around for as long as he likes. Would love to have a pet raccoon.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
When I lived in AbuDhabi, I originally had 2 budgies then I got another 2.

I used to always let them loose in the room to fly around and then after some time put them back in the cage. One day I set the cage out in the balcony for them to get some fresh air, but forgot to close the door , so they all flew away. I cried (was around 9 or 10yo then). So mom tells me it's all for the best as it is cruel to keep birds in a cage.

Since then I never had pet birds . Did have terrapins, cats and a squirrel and family now has a labrador . We live in a house with a large yard so he gets to run around for as long as he likes. Would love to have a pet raccoon.
Hmmm think your mum was just making u feel better, not quite sure budgies survive the wild!

I'd love a meerkat as a pet and a micro pig- but I know my luck would be a fully fledged hog
Old Mar 16th 2016, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm think your mum was just making u feel better, not quite sure budgies survive the wild!
Where do you think they came from originally? Have you ever been to Australia?
Old Mar 16th 2016, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikewot
Where do you think they came from originally? Have you ever been to Australia?
Ermmmm a pet shop !
Never been to Oz. I'm sure all the adaptations and breeding have taken the skills to survive the wilderness away though
Old Mar 16th 2016, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 16th 2016, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikewot
Those are just what Scamp, BH and Millhouse let out of the cage!