Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Deregister in AD, re-register in DXB

Deregister in AD, re-register in DXB

Old Mar 17th 2015, 3:53 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Deregister in AD, re-register in DXB

Ok, selected my next weapon of choice, and need to get the car swapped..

I seem to remember a crowd who would do all the hard work for you, delivering your car back to you ready to go..

Anyone know what I am talking about and know if there are a group of people willing to spend the day de-registering a car in Abu Dhabi, then registering it in Dubai?

Car registered in Abu Dhabi, my visa is now Abu Dhabi, but my drivers licence is Dubai, so I assume I have to register the car in Dubai...
Old Mar 17th 2015, 4:36 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deregister in AD, re-register in DXB

Hmmm, 25 views, and 25 dunno's.....
Old Mar 17th 2015, 5:24 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I probably better operate the Bat Searchlight to let everyone know someone needs a quick answer so that those who only rarely pop in are alerted that an answer to an important question is needed tut des suite!
Alternatively you could do a search............
Old Mar 17th 2015, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE

I seem to remember a crowd who would do all the hard work for you, delivering your car back to you ready to go..

Anyone know what I am talking about and know if there are a group of people willing to spend the day de-registering a car in Abu Dhabi, then registering it in Dubai?

Car registered in Abu Dhabi, my visa is now Abu Dhabi, but my drivers licence is Dubai, so I assume I have to register the car in Dubai...
Why don't you just get an Abu Dhabi licence? Is there a problem that is stopping you getting one?
Old Mar 18th 2015, 2:52 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

2 responses...

Sarcasm, and answering a question with a question...

I can see now why things have been so quiet on the Bored......
Old Mar 18th 2015, 4:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

This place seems have some info on companies that will do it
Old Mar 18th 2015, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Emirate where the license was issued shouldn't make a difference. I had one car registered in Abu Dhabi, and the other in Dubai, registration and renewal were not a problem. My license is Abu Dhabi issued and my visa is Dubai issued. Your "Traffic File" connected to your original Dubai license will only appear in the Dubai RTA system, however they will create one for you in Abu Dhabi when you register the car for the first time.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Emirate where the license was issued shouldn't make a difference. I had one car registered in Abu Dhabi, and the other in Dubai, registration and renewal were not a problem. My license is Abu Dhabi issued and my visa is Dubai issued. Your "Traffic File" connected to your original Dubai license will only appear in the Dubai RTA system, however they will create one for you in Abu Dhabi when you register the car for the first time.
correct. I have an AD license, and all the cars are DXB registered. For a while, some were DXB and some where AD. It is tied to the visa.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 7:49 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think you need to register to Dubai mate. There are literally hundreds of thousands of motorists on the roads on Dubai every day who have Sharjah accommodation, Sharjah Visas and Sharjah drivers license, so I am sure it is not anything illegal or anything frowned upon. I assume your are asking for in the the case fender bender? Well I think as long as you have your insurance and car papers all sorted in your name etc, the origin of the cars' emirates really doesnt matter.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 11:12 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

43 minutes after your first post:
Hmmm, 25 views, and 25 dunno's.....
Sarcasm, and answering a question with a question...
You left yourself open for a spanking
Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:56 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

My undying lurve and gratitude to Brains, Millhouse and the Oirish Apiarist...

The rest of ya... Pa..!!

And Mike, to spank me you have to catch me..!!!!
Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:58 am
Account Closed

And Mike, to spank me you have to catch me..!!!!
Hhhhhmmm, Chase me, Chase me!!
Old Mar 19th 2015, 9:10 am

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

The two of ya need to get a tent in the desert
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 4:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
The two of ya need to get a tent in the desert
Jesus eh. Impressed, they clearly both typed that one-handed.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Scamp
Jesus eh. Impressed, they clearly both typed that one-handed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.