British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Deregister in AD, re-register in DXB (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/deregister-ad-re-register-dxb-854704/)

TGFKASE Mar 17th 2015 3:53 pm

Deregister in AD, re-register in DXB

Ok, selected my next weapon of choice, and need to get the car swapped..

I seem to remember a crowd who would do all the hard work for you, delivering your car back to you ready to go..

Anyone know what I am talking about and know if there are a group of people willing to spend the day de-registering a car in Abu Dhabi, then registering it in Dubai?

Car registered in Abu Dhabi, my visa is now Abu Dhabi, but my drivers licence is Dubai, so I assume I have to register the car in Dubai...

TGFKASE Mar 17th 2015 4:36 pm

Re: Deregister in AD, re-register in DXB

Hmmm, 25 views, and 25 dunno's.....

mikewot Mar 17th 2015 5:24 pm

I probably better operate the Bat Searchlight to let everyone know someone needs a quick answer so that those who only rarely pop in are alerted that an answer to an important question is needed tut des suite!
Alternatively you could do a search............

OleJanx Mar 17th 2015 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 11594611)

I seem to remember a crowd who would do all the hard work for you, delivering your car back to you ready to go..

Anyone know what I am talking about and know if there are a group of people willing to spend the day de-registering a car in Abu Dhabi, then registering it in Dubai?

Car registered in Abu Dhabi, my visa is now Abu Dhabi, but my drivers licence is Dubai, so I assume I have to register the car in Dubai...

Why don't you just get an Abu Dhabi licence? Is there a problem that is stopping you getting one?

TGFKASE Mar 18th 2015 2:52 am

2 responses...

Sarcasm, and answering a question with a question...

I can see now why things have been so quiet on the Bored......

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 18th 2015 4:31 am

This place seems have some info on companies that will do it

Brains1983 Mar 18th 2015 5:30 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 11594611)

Emirate where the license was issued shouldn't make a difference. I had one car registered in Abu Dhabi, and the other in Dubai, registration and renewal were not a problem. My license is Abu Dhabi issued and my visa is Dubai issued. Your "Traffic File" connected to your original Dubai license will only appear in the Dubai RTA system, however they will create one for you in Abu Dhabi when you register the car for the first time.

Millhouse Mar 18th 2015 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 11595135)
Emirate where the license was issued shouldn't make a difference. I had one car registered in Abu Dhabi, and the other in Dubai, registration and renewal were not a problem. My license is Abu Dhabi issued and my visa is Dubai issued. Your "Traffic File" connected to your original Dubai license will only appear in the Dubai RTA system, however they will create one for you in Abu Dhabi when you register the car for the first time.

correct. I have an AD license, and all the cars are DXB registered. For a while, some were DXB and some where AD. It is tied to the visa.

Irishbeekeeper Mar 18th 2015 7:49 am

I dont think you need to register to Dubai mate. There are literally hundreds of thousands of motorists on the roads on Dubai every day who have Sharjah accommodation, Sharjah Visas and Sharjah drivers license, so I am sure it is not anything illegal or anything frowned upon. I assume your are asking for in the the case fender bender? Well I think as long as you have your insurance and car papers all sorted in your name etc, the origin of the cars' emirates really doesnt matter.

mikewot Mar 18th 2015 11:12 am

43 minutes after your first post:

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 11594642)
Hmmm, 25 views, and 25 dunno's.....

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 11595076)
Sarcasm, and answering a question with a question...

You left yourself open for a spanking ;)

TGFKASE Mar 19th 2015 8:56 am

My undying lurve and gratitude to Brains, Millhouse and the Oirish Apiarist...

The rest of ya... Pa..!!

And Mike, to spank me you have to catch me..!!!!

mikewot Mar 19th 2015 8:58 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 11596355)
And Mike, to spank me you have to catch me..!!!!

Hhhhhmmm, Chase me, Chase me!!

Irishbeekeeper Mar 19th 2015 9:10 am

The two of ya need to get a tent in the desert ;)

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 22nd 2015 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11596371)
The two of ya need to get a tent in the desert ;)

Jesus eh. Impressed, they clearly both typed that one-handed.

Irishbeekeeper Mar 24th 2015 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11599077)
Jesus eh. Impressed, they clearly both typed that one-handed.

:rofl::rofl: