View Poll Results: Do you support the decriminalisation of illicit drugs?
For
33.33%
Against
55.56%
Undecided
11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Decriminalising Drugs

Old May 26th 2009, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Decriminalising Drugs

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
That doesn't work as we don't vote for scientists to decide where they will be working or what they will be working on. Same for assuming the finest political minds are working on a middle east peace solution (if they were so fine they would have found one already but can't because no one is talking about the root cause as the problem which is religion).

N.
Oohh yes. I'd like to draw all readers' attention to this article: http://tinyurl.com/p86a4f
Old May 26th 2009, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Spugsy
not sure where your home topwn is but it sounds like junkie heaven.

I know stacks of people who used to 'pop pills' and still do, they are all very nice, hard working normal people - none in jail or dead.
Yeah it is

Few and far between in my home town i'm afraid.
It's like people didn't know when to stop or something. All very weird.

Was a right mess for a while, Junkies everywhere and they were from all walks of life. Majority of them were hard working too. They worked for their fix.

I'm sure things are getting better. Town centre seems to be getting busier the last time i was home and the youngsters are into cars etc again.

Old May 26th 2009, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Just watching "Americas Hardest Prisons" on nat geo here, Portland state budget cuts meant less mental health services for people. Including those on drugs. Now you get to watch police officers bringing in hard and extremely violent meth users who are mentally unstable and too violent for hospital. Holding them in a cell, bringing a nurse to look after them with no real care. Prisonsers are in their cells eating their own faeces.

So, hardline bans on all drugs + cutting the state health budget. It is hard to justify how this helps their "war on drugs".